Facebook

Beats

Right what's with all the roasters saying pish like Feeling sad or feeling happy at the of some stupid Status update?

Hashtags as well :facepalm:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I don't have it :smuggy:

Only thing I'd find it useful for is contacting a bird after a night out if I neglect to get her number, which can be mega frustrating :(

Maiden Gorgie

My personal favourite recently...

"I should not be allowed near the sun, like a lobster eek! lol!

You're nowhere near the sun, now **** off

My personal favourite recently...

"I should not be allowed near the sun, like a lobster eek! lol!

You're nowhere near the sun, now **** off

:rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Any time a Facebook thread title pops up, I sigh a little, thinking of the hilarity of the pub thread of the same name :(

Any time a Facebook thread title pops up, I sigh a little, thinking of the hilarity of the pub thread of the same name :(

The pub :sob:

Glad I don't have it :smuggy:

Only thing I'd find it useful for is contacting a bird after a night out if I neglect to get her number, which can be mega frustrating :(

I'm the exact same. Never had it and can honestly say I'm in no mood to get it anytime soon if at all.

:verysmug:

Some of the pish that I hear people in the work reading out on theirs of a dinner time just convinces me all the more that it's shite.

jack D and coke

I'm getting seriously f***** off with Facebook I must admit. People add you then when you see then in Tesco or something they f***** ignore but you've got to spend the rest of your life looking at pictures of their f***** dinner or pathetic stories about their brats or their own hideously boring lives! No ^^^^ can go for a pint or a meal or a run or out on their bike or anything anymore without photos and some mind numbing shite comment to accompany it! Just kill yourselves for **** sake!!!! :lol:

I'm getting seriously f***** off with Facebook I must admit. People add you then when you see then in Tesco or something they f***** ignore but you've got to spend the rest of your life looking at pictures of their f***** dinner or pathetic stories about their brats or their own hideously boring lives! No ^^^^ can go for a pint or a meal or a run or out on their bike or anything anymore without photos and some mind numbing shite comment to accompany it! Just kill yourselves for **** sake!!!! :lol:

:yas:

Maiden Gorgie

This is the truth.

Chris Benoit

It's handy for arranging night out and stuff like that but it's populated mostly by folk who I struggle to believe can function in day to day life.

I think I'm going to have a cull and remove everyone who isn't a close friend or family.

Maiden Gorgie

It's handy for arranging night out and stuff like that but it's populated mostly by folk who I struggle to believe can function in day to day life.

I think I'm going to have a cull and remove everyone

FTFY

....what are your thoughts on twitter?

jack D and coke

....what are your thoughts on twitter?

Twitter's alright aye. Kinda prefer it now. I change who I follow quite a bit and only have a handful of mates on it who tend not to post pure unadulterated pish on a daily basis. More of a laugh.

Twitter's alright aye. Kinda prefer it now. I change who I follow quite a bit and only have a handful of mates on it who tend not to post pure unadulterated pish on a daily basis. More of a laugh.

Was hoping for another rant tbh! :laugh:

I use Twitter mostly as a news feed, I rarely communicate within anyone i know on it. That said, I don't on Facebook really either, I agree it's just become a pain. Can be good for folk travelling abroad i suppose to speak to folk back home, post pictures, etc. That said, who really wants to see other pricks pictures when they're on holiday and you're at work.....

Aye, it's gash.

Absolute shite. Constant attention seeking comments.

Had one today say "dinner made...I have the best boyfriend". Yes we get it your no longer after your hole from all angles!

Personally only just use it to organise nights out.

Chad Sexington

My faves are the bints who post something like "My life is shit right now. Why are some people so heartless?".

This is then followed by a succession of other bints posting "Whats up, hun? xx" "Call me, babe xox".

The original bint does not post again. She has gained the attention she was looking for. Arseholes.

:muggy:

ArcticJambo

Around these parts we usually get at least somebody losing it every week or so ... usually a relationship blow-out or a drunken rant. You just have to filter out all the pish, and there is a fair amount - ie. right now I've got somebody stating that they love Doritos BBQ chips; another posting two pictures, one of their frozen yoghurt and another of their fortune cookie 'Stop searching forever, Happiness is right next to you'; and yet another who is 'tired of sick babies. ugly sickness get outta my house!!!' she states.

I do believe it however that it causes one to become a thoroughly miserable ***** mind.

Stewart MacD

I don't like faecesbook, Unfortunately, I need it to send/receive photos and info from rellies/friends overseas, rather than just email.

Why have Facebook "friends" whom you have never met and are not likely to?

Pictures of folks' breakfast/dinner/meal at macca's can gtf, as can the usually American feelgood homilies people send (vomit-inducing).

I spend too much time on twitter - it's populated by people whom I find interesting, although I may never meet them:e.g. POTUS, Ian Rankin, Val McDermid, Kevin Rudd and my local MP, who is DPM here.

Facebook is only as bad as you allow it to be.

You reap what you sow.

This is the bit where I don't get the seethe, all these folk complaining about weapons grade roasters on Facebook, must have actually added them as friends.

Creepy Lurker

It's quite easy to hide people from your newsfeed. I never really delete anyone just because it could cause awkwardness further down the line but I do hide the boring/annoying ones from my feed, leaving me with only the people who might say the occasional thing worth reading.

I set the 'feeling' thing to 'feeling my willy' because I'm a right character.

The Great Khali

I have a rule that if someone on my Facebook doesn't speak to me in real life, they get deleted.

I'm starting to use Facebook less and less, as its a big pile of steaming toley. Me and my pals have got a big group message thing on it so instead of texting everyone about plans, we just use that. That and winding up dafties are really the only reasons I'm on it these days.

My faves are the bints who post something like "My life is shit right now. Why are some people so heartless?".

This is then followed by a succession of other bints posting "Whats up, hun? xx" "Call me, babe xox".

The original bint does not post again. She has gained the attention she was looking for. Arseholes.

:muggy:

That must happen on a global scale as it is almost word for word what I have seen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have a rule that if someone on my Facebook doesn't speak to me in real life, they get deleted.

I'm starting to use Facebook less and less, as its a big pile of steaming toley. Me and my pals have got a big group message thing on it so instead of texting everyone about plans, we just use that. That and winding up dafties are really the only reasons I'm on it these days.

See I have over 300 friends in facebook and no danger do i speak to 220 of them. I'm just a nosy bugger though and like to have hot burds on my facebook. Also you need facebook for nights out cause people don't phone you these days for a drink they copy you into a private chat.

Facebook is a complete waste of time. 300 odd friends who post utter shite and only a dozen or so actually speak to you. In response to the questions of "why did you delete your account" i say, if people really want to contact me, then phone, otherwise i don't give a feck if they have finally achieved making a bacon roll all by themselves.

Prince Buaben

This,

I hardly post on it anymore. I use the private chat to talk to folk but i do have a WhatApp conversation with my mates to organise nights out etc.

I think I'm going to have a cull and remove everyone who isn't a close friend or family.

It's family that are the worst offenders in my case. I'm going to need to hide the future sister-in-law as she is constantly sharing those crap pictures with 'motivational' quotes, and whatever shite she is listening to on Spotify.

SpikeDudley

Facebook is only as bad as you allow it to be.

You reap what you sow.

Exactly! Finally someone gets it!

It concerns me that there seem to be a lot of people that don't realise you can hide the shit you don't care about.

Don't care about someone's updates? Hide them!

It's as simple as that!

Then again, I also suspect that some people actually like having a good moan, so hiding the ***** would ruin their fun!

loveofthegame

Find FB great for keeping in contact with uni mates/people i met travelling that I don't see regularly anymore.

If it wasn't for the above, I would definitely have deleted it by now.

Massive fan of twitter though.

GlasgoJambo

I took a long time to set up a personal Facebook account but now like it. I use a pseudonym and have less than 50 friends made up of family and mates that live abroad and some work colleagues.

I have used Facebook professionally as a marketing tool for about 6/7 years and it has proved vital in terms of free promotion, particularly events. Using it professionally allowed me to see all the dickish use of it too as the last place I worked had 5000 friends.

It was a good indicator of zeitgeist call centre humour and current spelling trends.

Creepy Lurker

Exactly! Finally someone gets it!

It concerns me that there seem to be a lot of people that don't realise you can hide the shit you don't care about.

Don't care about someone's updates? Hide them!

It's as simple as that!

Then again, I also suspect that some people actually like having a good moan, so hiding the ***** would ruin their fun!

Pretty much this, with a side of people thinking that moaning about all the stuff other people like makes them look superior. Who gives a **** what anyone puts on Facebook?

Sheiky Baby

If there's going to be another one of these threads, at least help us out by posting your Facebook friends mental breakdowns and relationship troubles :muggy:

:sob:

IBTL though :pleasing:

Tommy Wiseau

Only about 8 people ever update on mine. I dunno if it's because of my settings or whatnot, but it is the same boring shit from them every day. Guff about their kids: "We have a hungry baby today!!! x" Guff about their Walter Mitty lives: "Feasting" (insert photo of food - some of you will know who this is as he appeared regularly on the Pub thread :lol: ), or some shite about feeling happy or walking their dog or whatever.

It is torture, but useful for keeping in touch with friends I don't see often or who live in other parts of the world, so what can you do?

One thing that has started boiling my pish is the "sponsored" updates I get - it's bad enough reading shit by people you don't like, but companies you have no interest in. Adverts at the side of the page is one thing, but what is that all about? :dry:

I miss the pub

:(

TheMaganator

FAILBOOK_zps4826c0e6.png

My bird directed me to a site called 'failbook', which can be quite entertaining.

Basically people posting their dafty mates' status updates.

Facebook is pretty boring.

Kalamazoo Jambo

FAILBOOK_zps4826c0e6.png

My bird directed me to a site called 'failbook', which can be quite entertaining.

Basically people posting their dafty mates' status updates.

Facebook is pretty boring.

Failbook and Lamebook (very similar) are both a bit hit and miss, but occasionally very funny.

Prince Buaben

On the subject of # on Facebook.

#Has #Anyone #Had #Anyone #Post #Updates #Like #This.

:vrface:

On the subject of # on Facebook.

#Has #Anyone #Had #Anyone #Post #Updates #Like #This.

:vrface:

facebook got shit when 40+ women became the chief users of the internet. the trouble being they dont really get the internet.

I wish I had kids so I could troll everyone with pics and status updates about them.

Guess I'll have to settle for checking in everywhere I go. ::troll:::'>

TheMaganator

Failbook and Lamebook (very similar) are both a bit hit and miss, but occasionally very funny.

Agreed.

My girlfriend spends hours on them trawling for something entertaining - but a lot of it is complete drivel.

I have a friend who checks me in to every-bloody-where we go together. This gets very very old on a day/night out.

jack D and coke

facebook got shit when 40+ women became the chief users of the internet. the trouble being they dont really get the internet.

Dunno mate the biggest dobbers on mine are guys. Wrong side of 40 right enough but insane amounts of shite posted. Women can't fart without telling all their Facebook buddies! If I see vino time or wine o clock one more f***** time there will be blood!

I have over 500 'friends' on facebook, 95% of them are hidden on my newsfeed and the only reason they are there is that I occasionally Dj and use facebook to promote my nights. The rest of the time facebook is just an online calender and list of contacts!

Archived