Pens against motherwell.

Bunny Munro

If we only manage a draw against motherwell, do we actully have 5 players you would trust to take a pen? Just out of general intrest. Even more so if Stewarts out.

Stewart, Robbie, Nade, Veilcka. As far as im concerned thats it.

Any thoughts?

If we only manage a draw against motherwell, do we actully have 5 players you would trust to take a pen? Just out of general intrest. Even more so if Stewarts out.

Stewart, Robbie, Nade, Veilcka. As far as im concerned thats it.

Any thoughts?

Reuben seems to strike the ball well , I would trust him ,probably Driver maybe Miko , if Chesney was taking one I'd probably be hiding under my chair :P

Who knows, how many of them have taken a penalty for Hearts ?

Velicka would have to be one. Ruben looks like a confident calm chap. As for the rest numbers in a hat....................

Robbie got lucky with his cup final pen, he miss hit it and the keeper would have easily saved if he dived to that side.

I'd have faith in Velicka, Driver, Palazeulos, Jonsson and Karipidis.

Robbie got lucky with his cup final pen, he miss hit it and the keeper would have easily saved if he dived to that side.

I'd have faith in Velicka, Driver, Palazeulos, Jonsson and Karipidis.

jesus christ, Did he nail your bird or somthing?

driver/chesney/berra would have me turning the other way.

Beniusis?

jesus christ, Did he nail your bird or somthing?

driver/chesney/berra would have me turning the other way.

Beniusis?

I'm with you here mate. You really wouldn't have thought it possible that this thread could produce yet another anti Robbie post, but ...:eek:

Robbie offered to take a penalty in a Cup Final, he scored. I have heard of centre forwards who don't take penalties because they don't feel confident when they hit a stationary ball ffs. RN is a defender who gets an unbelievable amount of abuse on here and still had the guts to do it when it mattered.

I'm with you here mate. You really wouldn't have thought it possible that this thread could produce yet another anti Robbie post, but ...:eek:

Robbie offered to take a penalty in a Cup Final, he scored. I have heard of centre forwards who don't take penalties because they don't feel confident when they hit a stationary ball ffs. RN is a defender who gets an unbelievable amount of abuse on here and still had the guts to do it when it mattered.

What a load of bollocks. Robbie mis-hit his pen in the cup final, watch it again, it comes off his heel and goes nowhere near the corner.

So let me get this straight, I can't express an opinion on whether I'd be confident on Robbie taking a penalty without being branded anti-Robbie?

I'd also hate for Cesnauskis or Mikoliunas to take a penalty against Motherwell. Does that make this an anti-Lithuanian post as well?

What a load of bollocks. Robbie mis-hit his pen in the cup final, watch it again, it comes off his heel and goes nowhere near the corner.

So let me get this straight, I can't express an opinion on whether I'd be confident on Robbie taking a penalty without being branded anti-Robbie?

I'd also hate for Cesnauskis or Mikoliunas to take a penalty against Motherwell. Does that make this an anti-Lithuanian post as well?

No, it's the fact that the one occasion he has offered to take a penalty, he has scored and yet you still have a pop. And by the way, the worst penalty in the shoot out was by Skacel - saving height and nowhere near the corner.

Who said he tried to put it in the corner? He tried to put it in the net ffs. and guess what, he suceeded.

As for your point about the keeper saving it if he went the right way. guess what else, he didnt. thats like saying "the keeper would have saved it if he saved it." :confused:

I'd have no worries about Chesney taking a penalty in a Scottish Cup game, as he seems to know where the net is in those.......if only someone could show him where it is in a league match;)

rudi must stay
No, it's the fact that the one occasion he has offered to take a penalty, he has scored and yet you still have a pop. And by the way, the worst penalty in the shoot out was by Skacel - saving height and nowhere near the corner.

Well said, he scored against Ross County a few years back as well. Don't agree with the second point tho, Skacel's penalty was the best of the lot, he knew the keeper was diving to his right so curled it round him ;)

Let me get this right.

Is there a debate here aboot who had the worst penalty(all converted)at the final?

:wacko:

Ahh....Kickback,don't you just love it.

P.S if tomorrows game goes to penalties i'd be confident Robbie would bury it.So there!

if it ends 0-0 or 1-1 does that not mean motherwell will go through because of the away goal rule or does that not apply in cup ties ?

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Nope. Extra time and pens on the night.

Although instead of 5 pens , we'll probably receive 5 yellow cards for simulation instead !!

They are all professional football players, taking a pen is something they should all want to do, and they should all expect to score. It's just a bit of preactice to get ready.

FFS, I wasn't having a pop.

I'm proud of Robbie for the guts he showed in that final, like you said there are many forwards who wouldn't do it, he showed nerves of steel to take that long walk to the centre spot.

I'm not sure what Skacel's penalty has to do with this but I stand by my opinon that Robbie's wasn't a good pen. It was hit without too much pace or power and was not in the corner.

Despite his guts in that game and the fact he scored I would not be confident if he stepped up again. He's not a good player with the ball at his feet and especially bad at shooting. But that's probably because he's a right back.

Again, how does this mean I'm having a pop at him? He's just someone I'd not want to be taking a penalty against Motherwell.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Velicka Nade Stewart Robbie Ruben/Karipidis.

Sub Chesney in the last minute of extra time just in case - the most erratic striker of a ball going. It's either a belter in to the corner or knocking the seagulls off the roof of the stand. Pretty confident Miko would slot home, Elliot as well.

I'm with FJ on this one, I'd have Neilson nowhere near a penalty kick again.

Stewart

Ruben

Velicka

Driver

Cesnauskis.

Those would be the 5 I'd go for, be pretty confident of the first 3 scoring but wouldn't be all that confident with Driver or Ces, neither has that great a shot or composure in front of goal.

In this order

Stewart, Chesney, Velicka, Audry, Miko to score the winning spot kick

If it IS that...here's my prediction.

Stewart - score

Chesney - score (retake), score (retake), score (retake) repeat until miss

Velicka - see Chesney

Audry - see Chesney

Miko - see Chesney

Velicka - right in the corner of the net

Stewart - right of centre, middle of the goal

Ruben - hammered straight down the middle

anyone else - skies it.

:D

Would be confident in Velicka, Stewart, Ruben and Miko

Nade should score.

After that it would be a lottery! Karipidis or Jonnson would be the best bet though

Snake Plissken

I'm pretty sure Eggert scored a pen in a pre-season friendly...

My choices would be:

Velicka, Stewart (if playing), Jonsson, Palazuelos, Neilson

if Stewart isn't on then I actually think Miko could be trusted to score the winning pen :eek:

In this order,

Berra (Club Capt, has to take 1 IMO)

Nade

Ruben

Robbie

Velcika (Always Good to finish with a stong kicker)

Dont let know miko/driver/chesny near the ball, dont like wingers taking spot kicks!

We_are_the_Hearts

Velicka

Stewart

Nade

have all taken and scored penalties.

The other 2 I'd go for Ruben and Karipidis. Both seem to have the necessary composure and technical ability.

Archived