Scottish Journalism

bertracoon

Is it just me or are ALL Scottish journalists absolute morons? I thought it was just the "sports" ones but I've just sat through the some of the most amateurish p1 sh on both STV and BBC ended by the staggering news that Arran is an island which is astonishingly surrounded by water. Who would have know that?

blondejamtart

Grrr! Don't make me any more annoyed than I am at the moment. I have had a very trying day and I am NOT a happy bunny! :ahhhhhhh:

Grrr! Don't make me any more annoyed than I am at the moment. I have had a very trying day and I am NOT a happy bunny! :ahhhhhhh:

I take it the Tera page-making programme was being its usual non-helpful self?

blondejamtart
I take it the Tera page-making programme was being its usual non-helpful self?

Actually, for a change, the reason behind my bad mood wasn't work-related! But don't get me started on wireless routers............:mad:

I P Knightley
There should never be more than three dots when you're indicating a run on or emission blondejamtart :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

How to indicate an emission:

:fart:

Dave - I realise that's twice I've picked on you today. Please don't take it to heart; it was too good to pass up on.

Yes, you watched two local televised news bulletins and every journalist in Scotland is a moron.

Good thread.

I'd query the meaning of the word "journalist" when used in the context of local tv news...

BTW I have a friend who writes for the Sunday Herald, and who has written for the Guardian amongst others, and he would be mortified if he was classed in the same box as those lot.

Boris, "ami" of the fourth estate!

I P Knightley
I'd query the meaning of the word "journalist" when used in the context of local tv news...

Correct.

There are journalists and there are presenters.

The presenters are the ones who know Jack about what they're going to talk about until the day they present it. Once the 'piece to camera' is done, they then forget about it all over again.

Dunk-Section G

The standard of political journalism is relatively high in my opinion.

I have had the pleasure of working at the parliament's media area and found all those working there decent people with sound understanding.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that.

Just sat down and watched both Scottish bulletins last night and basically laughed through them both at the amateurish reporting throughout. Nothing against the Studio presenters though

Archived