?Gary Locke is going be one of the best managers in the game."

tartofmidlothian

I'd imagine McGhee, King jr, Nicholson will be involved, off the top of my head can't think of another

I'd imagine McGhee, King jr, Nicholson will be involved, off the top of my head can't think of another

Possibly Oliver and or Hamilton. IMO.

I thought we were playing Dinamo, not Steaua. Pretty poor reporting that they can't even check the fixtures list (I know, I know, it's the Daily Record).

tartofmidlothian

I thought we were playing Dinamo, not Steaua. Pretty poor reporting that they can't even check the fixtures list (I know, I know, it's the Daily Record).

:facepalm: I quoted them.

Snake Plissken

If he manages to keep us in the SPL this season, it'll be an achievement that will better anything any other manager has achieved since Tommy Walker.

I don't say that lightly.

Wonder exactly what Brown bases this on. Hopefully he has been impressed with GL's techniques on the training ground rather than just a meaningless sort of statement.

Given what we are facing this season I think his passion for the Hearts might be just what is needed.

i'm glad that we have gary at the helm, he may be young, but i would rather have someone with passion for the club.

Neilson's Shank

If passion were points we would already be safe, things will be tough we have to get and stay behind him and the laddies

I like many had doubts about the length of the contract he was offered. I was a bit worried about the Final defeat, the no show in the derby and Holt played out of position. But I listened to his appearance on Sportsound alongside Gavin Rae and Tom English and he spoke very well. He came across as very calm and determined with a pragmatic approach to the task in hand and what kind of character he wanted in his players to succeed. I was very impressed.

I think he'll do it.

tartofmidlothian

I like many had doubts about the length of the contract he was offered. I was a bit worried about the Final defeat, the no show in the derby and Holt played out of position. But I listened to his appearance on Sportsound alongside Gavin Rae and Tom English and he spoke very well. He came across as very calm and determined with a pragmatic approach to the task in hand and what kind of character he wanted in his players to succeed. I was very impressed.

I think he'll do it.

Got a link, was it recently?

tartofmidlothian

Wonder exactly what Brown bases this on. Hopefully he has been impressed with GL's techniques on the training ground rather than just a meaningless sort of statement.

Given what we are facing this season I think his passion for the Hearts might be just what is needed.

I'd hope it's a mixture of both. It's only Locke's lack of experience that has people sceptical, when I see him on the touchline or in an interview I usually find myself thinking "he looks and sounds exactly like the kind of guy I want managing my team."

The cup final and the last derby of the season were sadly black marks against him early in his career, but for some reason I expect our young lads to show more spine than the likes of Taouil and Sutton this season.

Jambof3tornado

It is a time when having a Hearts man in charge is vitally important.

The challenge ahead of him will be the biggest he is likely to face if he stays in management for the next 30 years!!

It siege mentality this year from me. All on the inside stay inside for me. I hae ma doots but this year is all about that spirit.

Us against them.

Anybody that knows me will ask what makes that different from normal!

tartofmidlothian

It siege mentality this year from me. All on the inside stay inside for me. I hae ma doots but this year is all about that spirit.

Us against them.

:spoton:

Anyone who disagrees is a nugget in the extreme IMO.

tartofmidlothian

Going by the match report on the club's site, I suspect it's the guys in this paragraph.

"On a gloriously sunny day, Darren Murray's side featured several of last year's U17 players, with Scotland U19s 'keeper Jack Hamilton gaining the honour of being the oldest Hearts player on the pitch. Jordan McGhee, Gary Oliver, Adam King and Sam Nicholson, all mainstays of last season's U20s side, featured as well."

oh ah grantona

Us against them.

Anybody that knows me will ask what makes that different from normal!

:spoton:

Anyone who disagrees is a nugget in the extreme IMO.

Exactly this we will have low points we will moan at games but the support has to be there for the full season. I really hope if we hit a bad spell we are still there we need to be.

Tynecastle has to be electric every week. Our biggest games are not what they used to be our biggest games are the dog fights now (which really is the all the teams baring celtic)

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Having seen how Gary Locke operates from the inside, I'd back BB's prediction 100%. There was a reason JJ took him everywhere he has gone until recently because Gary is brilliant with the players in a way that very few people can match. The players love him. His passion for this club and determination and guile to win is unmatched. He will become a legend.

Having seen how Gary Locke operates from the inside, I'd back BB's prediction 100%. There was a reason JJ took him everywhere he has gone until recently because Gary is brilliant with the players in a way that very few people can match. The players love him. His passion for this club and determination and guile to win is unmatched. He will become a legend.

When you don't have the best players in the league then how you utilise what you've got (tactically) becomes really important, this is the bit that is questionable, that's not to say he's inept just inexperienced at the moment. Be delighted if he does become a legend (although he was part of the 98 team / squad) as this season is one big ask.

If passion were points we would already be safe, things will be tough we have to get and stay behind him and the laddies

100% this! Think we should bring in a rule that if the fan next to you really had a go at the players or management next season you are allowed to give dead arms!!

When you don't have the best players in the league then how you utilise what you've got (tactically) becomes really important, this is the bit that is questionable, that's not to say he's inept just inexperienced at the moment. Be delighted if he does become a legend (although he was part of the 98 team / squad) as this season is one big ask.

He was out thought by Kenny Shiels and Danny Lennon last season. I hope he's been doing some serious studying.

We need to make Tynecastle a fortress - cauldron of noise and the intimidating place it very rarely is these days.

We'll need somewhere around the 60 point mark in my opinion to have a chance of survival.

In simplistic terms 15 homes wins and 5 away for example (or combined draws etc) - we play (split dependant) 19 home games - 57 points on offer.

This sort of form is on par with Motherwell and St Johnstone from this year - that's the enormity of the task Lockie and Co face.

We need to be in this together right from the start every single point is precious, all I can say is with Locke and Brown motivation shouldn't be an issue whether we have enough in terms of quality I sadly doubt it, injuries and suspensions could play a huge part in our season, unless we are somehow allowed to recruit between now and the season end.

Always thought he had the potential to be a good manager. Our standard of play after he took over was much better than how we were playing under Mcgylnn. Can't even imagine how difficult it must have been for him to try and turn things around in such a short time after how bad things were under Mcgylnn.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Fair point. He'll def have to prove himself tactically.

Cruyff Turn

Since we don't really have a 'big physical side' or a targetman to hit long passes to, it will be intresting to see how Locke asks the laddies to play.

I know at under 20/19's Darren Murray had them playing 4-3-3/3-4-3 (at times last year) and he liked the lads to play the ball on the deck so i wonder if we will play the same way this year considering 90% of the side is 21 or under.

I was quite critical of Locke especially after the home game against Hibs but since the game has changed i think he is very much the man for the job and he has handled himself excellently during this difficult time.

Totally agree with the poster who talked about siege mentality, i think that is pretty spot on in terms of attitude this year.

I'd add to that by saying outwith Celtic we have more to play for than anyone else so in terms of approach from Locke i expect the mantra to be all out attack.

We_are_the_Hearts

He was out thought by Kenny Shiels and Danny Lennon last season. I hope he's been doing some serious studying.

To be fair we beat both they teams the next time we played them

What Locke needed at the moment was an experienced right hand/second man.

With Brown he has it.

I hope Brown stays for the season, because I am certain he will help Locke a bundle and that with the two of them we have better chances of staying up rather than if it was just Locke.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He'll get my support from the start. I hope to **** he is a fast learner though. Sutton being away should at least prevent too many ridiculous line ups like we saw in the LC final.

Wouldn't it be great if he had a bit of luck. Good luck that is.

An injury and suspension free few months could make all the difference.

After everything we have been through and still have to go through, surely a wee bit of good fortune isn't too much to ask.

100% behind Locke. Wouldn't have been nearly as confident with McGlynn ot Czaba at the helm.

After everything we have been through and still have to go through, surely a wee bit of good fortune isn't too much to ask.

100% behind Locke. Wouldn't have been nearly as confident with McGlynn ot Czaba at the helm.

alex mcdonald didn't have a big squad, so he worked hard on fitness, if we are fit as we can be then hopefuly we can keep some injury problems down

as an after thought it would be nice if we had someone like jimmy bone to run interferance for the young uns, Stevo? time to step up.

To be fair we beat both they teams the next time we played them

Very true, sign of a good manager is learning from your mistakes. Although, I didn't see the second match against Killie, we destroyed St Mirren that day.

I agree with McGlynn but I would have taken Csaba back in a heart beat last season. Ugly football but was effective over the course of a season.

Archived