skybox f5

the_jailer

the_jailer

Just looking for some advice I was thinking of buying 1. Does anyone know if they are any good

the_jailer

What is it?

Satellite receiver.. your ment to get all the sky channels for a one off payment

Best thing to do is to refer to this thread:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124760-sky-multi-room/

Having read that it, I checked things out myself - my advice is buy a box on it's own for around ?50 and scour around for a c-line provider. There's always a risk that when purchasing a box with a (free) gift that the free gift doesn't last 12months.

the_jailer

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124760-sky-multi-room/

Having read that it, I checked things out myself - my advice is buy a box on it's own for around ?50 and scour around for a c-line provider. There's always a risk that when purchasing a box with a (free) gift that the free gift doesn't last 12months.

Would I just buy a box from amazon.

would I need to buy anything else

We've got 2 , they're fantastic and well worth it. We were paying ?80 a month to Sky but not anymore :cheesy:

http://www.hmfckickb...sky-multi-room/

They do take quite a bit of setting up tho , but well worth it.

the_jailer

We've got 2 , they're fantastic and well worth it. We were paying ?80 a month to Sky but not anymore :cheesy:

Ive bought the box.

Is there Anything else that that I need to buy?

Stewie Griffin

Could you pm me also I might get one of these but would like to know how complicated it is to set up first

So, do these work the same way as those boxes you used to attach to your cable box to get all tue channels? And would I just swap it for my current sky plus box and unsubscribe from sky?

If so, I'm sold

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Skybox F5 best bit of kit I have bought for a while

picture quality is superb even better than Sky's own HD box

got it from a guy down in Manchester fully loaded and even has Setanta Ireland

Its just plug and play !!

any questions drop me a PM if you like

I have the Skybox F5 best bit of kit I have bought for a while

picture quality is superb even better than Sky's own HD box

got it from a guy down in Manchester fully loaded and even has Setanta Ireland

Its just plug and play !!

any questions drop me a PM if you like

I'm the same, got one from ebay from a guy from edinburgh and its being brilliant.

I'm the same, got one from ebay from a guy from edinburgh and its being brilliant.

Could u put me in contract with him please? Pm'd u earlier mate

Got myself a Dreambox 800HD with hard drive. Just levelled with the satellite installation company and they were cool offered me their option for 12 months of they sort everything for you (box, card, install, 12 months fix it if its broke). Eventually just got them to put the satellite in and c-line stuff is simple enough they offered to set that up but I just use it for FreeSat. Couldn't be happier. I can record shows, transfer files from PC onto the box and watch them, pause tv and all that stuff. If your thinking about it id say go for it. Call a few satellite installers and just tell them the score. Skybox F5 is pretty much the same gig as the Dreambox just a little cheaper with less features. PM me if you want the satellite installers number they done me a real good service.

Got myself a Dreambox 800HD with hard drive. Just levelled with the satellite installation company and they were cool offered me their option for 12 months of they sort everything for you (box, card, install, 12 months fix it if its broke). Eventually just got them to put the satellite in and c-line stuff is simple enough they offered to set that up but I just use it for FreeSat. Couldn't be happier. I can record shows, transfer files from PC onto the box and watch them, pause tv and all that stuff. If your thinking about it id say go for it. Call a few satellite installers and just tell them the score. Skybox F5 is pretty much the same gig as the Dreambox just a little cheaper with less features. PM me if you want the satellite installers number they done me a real good service.

How much mate?

jambogaz1968

My mate has the Skybox f5 , he tried to update the channel listings or something and lost all pay channels, they just come up as scrambled . Installer reckons it's a internet problem but he's tried different cables etc and he isn't having problems with his PC etc.

My mate has the Skybox f5 , he tried to update the channel listings or something and lost all pay channels, they just come up as scrambled . Installer reckons it's a internet problem but he's tried different cables etc and he isn't having

problems with his PC etc.

Sounds like its a problem with the subscription he has bought. he should contact the person he bought it from

jambogaz1968

He has mate, he said that everybody he knows on that server are having no problems.

Maybe he should try a free test line and see if that works. Ive heard of a few people being ripped off with there subscription' s. Especially off ebay and gumtree

jambogaz1968

My mate got his sorted, it was on GPRS instead of Ethernet.

Too use box as a recorder just plug in a usb drive, I have problems recording HD stuff ,say's the device is too slow or something.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of buying one of these receivers as my 50% package is almost up. After doing a tad research on the subject it seems it might be the wrong time to be buying a subscription. It appears Sky are getting their act together and it won't work for much lo get. Anyone aware of the situation that could advise?

Thinking of buying one of these receivers as my 50% package is almost up. After doing a tad research on the subject it seems it might be the wrong time to be buying a subscription. It appears Sky are getting their act together and it won't work for much lo get. Anyone aware of the situation that could advise?

Over the next year or so Sky will be launching a totally new 'viewing interface' along with new set top box and remote, the software behind it will improve the on-demand offering but it may well also include additional security to combat things like the Skybox etc

Gregory House M.D.

Shrewd move discussing your personal illegal card sharing/theft of pay tv on a public forum.

:cornette:

Shrewd move discussing your personal illegal card sharing/theft of pay tv on a public forum.

Is it a no news day over on the terrace for you :wink:

Aye cause they will trace you from your username right enough

Gregory House M.D.

Aye cause they will trace you from your username right enough

Nah, they'll use your IP for that.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
mrmarkus1981

Mate of mine bought on off ebay, ive seen it in action and its pretty impressive.

Can understand why people would rather pay ?11 p/m for all channels, my SKY is ?80!!

Anybody purchased one of these recently?

Got a skybox f5s from Amazon a few weeks ago for ?50. It's pretty basic and the remote and interface are poor but I can put up with it. The signal will scramble once or twice a game but not bad. Can't complain.

I think mines is nearing the end of the 1 years " free Gift " how easy is it to get this updated again ?

Thanks

Father Tiresias

I think mines is nearing the end of the 1 years " free Gift " how easy is it to get this updated again ?

Thanks

Loads of information out there on t'internet and not hard to find. Download a few files to a USB stick and Bob's yer uncle!

just go to ebay and put in skybox gift, about 20-30 for the year. Beware that these deceives wont work for too much longer, HD channels have already gone and just a matter of time till all of them will disappear.

I got Sky put back on...I couldn't handle the scrambling

I got Sky put back on...I couldn't handle the scrambling

For me the benefits outweigh the problems. Granted,scrambling and updates are a pain in the arse but for the price you can't complain

just go to ebay and put in skybox gift, about 20-30 for the year. Beware that these deceives wont work for too much longer, HD channels have already gone and just a matter of time till all of them will disappear.

I'd imagine by this time next year most of these boxes will be defunct!

jambogaz1968

For me the benefits outweigh the problems. Granted,scrambling and updates are a pain in the arse but for the price you can't complain

Just heard you now can't get HD channels .....Sky TV is nothing without HD

Just heard you now can't get HD channels .....Sky TV is nothing without HD

that's right mate, the sky channels are non hd. Bt sports and stuff still are though

Archived