The Ashes

Harry Palmer

Matthew Le Tissier

Tremlett is a must for the Ashes down under. He bowled so well last time down there

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Kerrigan didn't bowl the whole of the 2nd day! :laugh:

Geoff Miller and co don't get much wrong but this selection stunk the place out.

Anyway, England to get a decent 1st innings total with hopefully decent runs for the top 3 and the Shermanator cementing his man of the series in the process. Draw.

Harry Palmer

They should have put Kerrigan in at some point to see how it went, no point selecting the guy if you're just going to give up on him after the first day and not see how he reacts after a bad day.

If England can bat all of tomorrow then it'll be a draw, especially as there is meant to be a shitload of rain/thunder/lightning on Saturday but then again given some of the forecasts it might not materialise. :whistling:

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the way England have gone throughout this series.

Looks like complacency to me.

Will need to do a great deal better when they get to OZ.

Fingers crossed.

Harry Palmer

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the way England have gone throughout this series.

Looks like complacency to me.

Will need to do a great deal better when they get to OZ.

Fingers crossed.

They've not been at their best but then they haven't had to be.

Would have preferred them to really go for it but all TMS seems to be going on about is the slowing down of play, no need when you're 3-0 up. Also mentioned in previous Tests but the point was also made that the umpires allow it to happen.

Still prefer Test cricket even though this series has done it's best to piss folk off with DRS.

TMS is the dugs- today there was discussion about wasps, bluebottles, pigeons and how Aggers got Viv Richards out LBW which was better than anything Boycott managed. :)

3mins 15s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpX7Vn4uFgA&feature=youtu.be

England run rate at a Geoff Boycott pace .

With that and the weather forecast suggesting rain tomorrow, a draws the most likely result.

ToadKiller Dog

With that and the weather forecast suggesting rain tomorrow, a draws the most likely result.

That would be my guess .

Harry Palmer

That was pretty shan today.

?110 to watch that and with an interrupted day expected tomorrow this won't go down in the annals as a classic.

Thank feck for the wasp. :)

Aussies should set England 170 or so to win in a session and a wee bit ... have a go at getting a win on the board.

ToadKiller Dog

Feck me England going for it slightly 184 from 34 overs needed .

Going for it is not the traditional conservative England way , won't last .

ToadKiller Dog

Rules are rules Jobs worth of a decision tho

Does not help promote the game after a great days play .

Certainly wasn't dangerous .

Guess The Crowd

A win for either team would have been slightly contrived, so in a sense missing the last 10 minutes didn't matter. Still a great day's cricket, Clarke's declaration playing a huge part.

Another occasion where rules overule common sense.

Can't blame the teams or the umpires but you can blame the lawmakers who never seem to leave the common sense option open to officials.

What was becoming a classic finish just leaves you with a bitter taste in the mouth....................especially if you had backed a 4-0 win in the series !!!!!

2013 working out great for me. Was looking for a Lions win, the Ashes retained, and England to be heading towards retaining the Ashes in Oz. Solheim Cup was a bonus.

The Hearts youngsters have exceeded all my expectations.

Great year so far.

Well done Ian Bell.

• 1 month later...
Harry Palmer

England squad for the return..starts November 21st.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/24205786

And I'm sure there was talk about having more DRS after 80 overs ie every new ball. Or it being reset every 80 overs...I'm sure one our cricket folk will clarify. :)

Afghanistan have, for the first time, qualified for the World Cup in 2015.

Paul Collingwood is now part of the coaching set up of Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/24348088

Maroon Sailor

England squad for the return..starts November 21st.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/24205786

And I'm sure there was talk about having more DRS after 80 overs ie every new ball. Or it being reset every 80 overs...I'm sure one our cricket folk will clarify. :)

Afghanistan have, for the first time, qualified for the World Cup in 2015.

Paul Collingwood is now part of the coaching set up of Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/24348088

Great move from Scotland to land Paul Collingwood as part of the coaching set up !

• 3 weeks later...

Another update and a welcome one I'm sure...

TMS with 24hrs Ashes and also have a full replay of the days cricket @ 11am. :)

Their facebook page explains the coverage.

Saves staying up through the night.

https://www.facebook...special?fref=ts

As England's Cricketers head to Australia we are delighted to reveal our plans for the series.

Welcome to the world of "24 Hours Ashes". We are going to be bringing you round the clock coverage with extended build-up, highlights and for the first time from 11am you?ll be able to relive all the action and TMS banter as we replay the whole days play on Sports Extra and online. It?ll be like listening to TMS in the summer!

We are delighted to confirm that legendary fast bowler Glenn McGrath will be returning to the TMS team which will be led of course by Jonathan Agnew. Also in the box during the series will be Henry Blofeld, Simon Mann, Ed Smith, Jim Maxwell, Geoff Boycott, Michael Vaughan and Vic Marks. Plus the ?analyst? Simon Hughes will be making regular contributions as well as also presenting a new video review of the day.

Aggers and Boycs will review each days play in our TMS Podcast, you can get the days play in two minutes in our ?Pint Sized Ashes? and Michael Vaughan will also host a new podcast available every afternoon building up to the next days play. Vaughan will also team up with Phil Tufnell for some 5 Live Cricket specials plus present a Stuart Broad documentary with an exclusive feature length interview.

Also on 5 Live Andrew Flintoff is hosting a ?Fighting Talk? Ashes special and just 3 days before the series Greg James will be joined by James Anderson and Graeme Swann for ?Not Just Cricket? plus Mark Pougatch will report from Australia throughout including co-hosting Ashes breakfast each day.

All that plus brilliant content online at bbc.co.uk/cricket with Tom Fordyce reporting live from inside the Test Match Special box.

And also for the first time ever we are going to be bringing commentary of every ball in the Women's Ashes Down Under as well as commentary on England's build-up matches starting with the game against Australia A in just 12 days time.

So how excited are you

Archived