'Emergency' signings under a transfer embargo

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

As I've mentioned elsewhere and probably will again, one of the many news reports about us recently said someone (admins or a bidder) anticipated us being able to make emergency signings for positions we have no experienced cover for when we come out of admin, provided it's within the window.

First of all, does anyone remember this quote? Second, which positions should we be able to recruit if that's the case? I'd say if Sutton goes that would definitely mean a new centre half and striker at the very least.

It's usually goalkeeper.

If we had (for example) 14 players then maybe we could go for other positions.

I don't see it happening with us

Punks No Deid

Do you really think the SFA will give us any slack or help whatsoever? mmmm on their past record in dealing with us...that's a big fat NAW

Hearts51515151

Surely there's players out there that would sign for us that have no current club.

I've been getting ripped up here in sheep world for rumours linking Darren Mackie coming to us as he's unhappy in the states.

Hannibal Lecter

Do you really think the SFA will give us any slack or help whatsoever? mmmm on their past record in dealing with us...that's a big fat NAW

You never know... Then again pigs might fly.

Surely there's players out there that would sign for us that have no current club.

I've been getting ripped up here in sheep world for rumours linking Darren Mackie coming to us as he's unhappy in the states.

Not bloody surprised after what he has to put up with fans wise.

You've all seen the welcoming party :rofl:

Did this happen previously with Dundee and Motherwell? It definately never happened with Dunfermline as they where playing their under 18s to try and stay in the league last season and now have a ban until the end of the year where they will have to play youths until then also.

There's no danger the SPL then SFA would give us a transfer ban or registration ban then allow us to sign a couple of players cause were short.

Did this happen previously with Dundee and Motherwell? It definately never happened with Dunfermline as they where playing their under 18s to try and stay in the league last season and now have a ban until the end of the year where they will have to play youths until then also.

There's no danger the SPL then SFA would give us a transfer ban or registration ban then allow us to sign a couple of players cause were short.

I think they can sign U21s

Excellent there's some hope we could get in a couple of under 21 players then if the SPL don't ban us.

scott herbertson

The big problems for us are up front and centre half i think - two positions where older players are a must over a long hard season

Hearts51515151

The big problems for us are up front and centre half i think - two positions where older players are a must over a long hard season

Rory fallon ??! No club , cheap as chips. Wages.

Im not taking the pi55, I believe he could do a job for us , could we not sign him on an amateur form?!

scott herbertson

If we sign him on an amateur form how will he live? What will he eat?

Did you actually watch Rory Fallon when he played for Aberdeen?

Amateur is exactly the word I'd use to describe him. :down:

Archived