Sharp Pain in Jaw When Drinking Wine

Sooperstar

So, sometimes when I drink wine I get really sharp pains in my jaw, both sides just kind of below and forward from the ear a bit. It usually takes a few minutes after my first drink to start and then it gradually fades, but then after that it can be really sore as soon as I take a drink.

It doesn't always happen, but it is quite regular. Have only noticed it over that past few months.

Anyone else get this?

Boaby Ewing

Sounds like a problem with your wisdom teeth of sorts... not sure why it'd be triggered by wine though.

Sterling Archer

Get this sometimes after wine and bottles of beer.

Thought it was just me.

Parotid glands, never heard of them, will research this.

Wine glass too big? No.

Talking too much, definitely not, quiet lad me.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Stop giving blow jobs before you have a bevvy.

Needs something to take the taste away

Is it just wine or is it anything strongly flavoured? Sounds like your parotid or submandibular salivary glands jumping into action.

Gregory House M.D.

Sounds like your masculinity coming back on you.

Contact MSA for an assorted list of man drink.

The Mighty Thor

So, sometimes when I drink wine I get really sharp pains in my jaw, both sides just kind of below and forward from the ear a bit. It usually takes a few minutes after my first drink to start and then it gradually fades, but then after that it can be really sore as soon as I take a drink.

It doesn't always happen, but it is quite regular. Have only noticed it over that past few months.

Anyone else get this?

It's probably a combination of 3 things. the residual sugar in the wine, and the total (TA) and volatile acidity (VA) levels of the wine triggering the saliva glands in the mouth.

I get it occasionally when drinking white wines that are particularly high in acid. Things like New Zealand Sauvignon blanc or even dessert wines which are high in residual sugar are the biggest culprits.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sounds like your masculinity coming back on you.

Contact MSA for an assorted list of man drink.

I approve of wine, Bobo.

I have a question for you Mr Gatsby. Can I have your thoughts on the book?

Chad Sexington

I approve of wine, Bobo.

This should be good. :lol:

I approve of wine, Bobo.

ITS A BOOK?????

Nae homosexuality here...

Tannins as a Cause of Jaw Pain

The bitterness and astringency of tannins cause a rapid increase in saliva secretion from the salivary glands, according to ?Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Modern Herbal Medicine.? The main salivary glands in your mouth are the parotid glands, the submandibular glands and the sublingual glands. The parotids are the largest salivary glands and they are located directly over the hinges of the jaw, also called temporomandibular joints. Sudden stimulation of the parotid glands, either by ingesting tannins or from a cold draft, can lead to painful sensations and jaw muscle contraction or spasm. Jaw pain from consumption of tannins is usually mild to moderate in intensity and short-lasting. A similar phenomenon is experienced with drinking fresh, unsweetened lemon juice.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Ah right. Was going to say that I get the same thing when I drink fresh unsweetened lemon juice but I didn't want to sound like a weirdo.

Sterling Archer

Ah right. Was going to say that I get the same thing when I drink fresh unsweetened lemon juice but I didn't want to sound like a weirdo.

:lol:

I approve of wine, Bobo.

:lol:

Am I alone in expecting a Darren Mackie moment here??

:whistling:

Gregory House M.D.

I approve of wine, Bobo.

TL;DR

Great Leo smug gif though. :smuggy:

Kalamazoo Jambo

ITS A BOOK?????

Apparently a book of the film is coming out soon. Can't wait for the sequel either.

Adi Dassler

Anyone else get this?

Kayleigh punched you in the jaw after finding you in a compromising position with Dalmy.

Nap.

Archived