'Murray to win Wimbledon' odds

Tenor

Im still on Djokovic. The man doesn't know when to give up. Should be a decent tournament.

Boaby Ewing

I think it's pretty much a straight fight between Murray and Djokovic now.

Heart says Murray, head still says Djokovic. They're so equally matched on hard courts, but I think Djokovic can still edge it on grass.

Would love to be wrong though.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I think it's pretty much a straight fight between Murray and Djokovic now.

Heart says Murray, head still says Djokovic. They're so equally matched on hard courts, but I think Djokovic can still edge it on grass.

Would love to be wrong though.

IF the crowd gets behind Murray, it'll be a good result. Today was quite nice, the crowd were definitely behind him and he looked better for it. It's Federer that'll split the crowd if anyone does against Murray - Federer the Gent is the darling of Middle England at Wimbledon.

Boaby Ewing

IF the crowd gets behind Murray, it'll be a good result. Today was quite nice, the crowd were definitely behind him and he looked better for it. It's Federer that'll split the crowd if anyone does against Murray - Federer the Gent is the darling of Middle England at Wimbledon.

Aye, he's a ***** right enough.

And Middle England loves a *****.

The wimbledon crowd are a bunch of arseholes tbf. Last year in the final was absolutely shocking. British man aiming to win Wimbledon for the first time in fecking years and they're cheering on Federer :vrface:

Started going when he was 13/14...how long did he stick it before saying "**** this, I'm off to Barca."

I've been to Easter Road more than him ffs.

People get into football at different stages - he seemed to when he first got the independence which afforded him the opportunity - and the boy, for **** sake, travels around the world for a large majority of the year making it impossible to get to football.

JamboInSouthsea

Djokovic still favourite at 11/10, Murray has gone from 9/2 to 3/1 after Nadal defeat.

Hope Murray wins regardless of which fitba team he supports.

Off topic but there are other Scottish sportsmen/women...nice one McNish for being part of team who co-won Les Mans at the weekend.

Clean living guy with utter dedication to his craft. What's not to like? A proper role model.

couple on here no getting the message

"Anyone fancy a ?100 bet loser pays the money to FOH?"

might be my english but that reads to me like the money will be going to the hearts foundation, just a matter of who's name is beside the donation. without the bet maybe this money would just stay in their pockets

Aye it's no hard to understand tbf.

Patrick Bateman

Murray is disliked (or at least, not warmed to) by the English middle classes largely because he is Scottish. The wimbledon crowd genuinely seems to adore their darling, Persil advertising, serial loser Tim Henman because he's one of their own. I guess Murray's joke with a journalist about having the temerity to not support England during the 2006 World Cup is another excuse for them too. I can't imagine Murray has much time for them either. As for the people who care what football team he supports, who cares? As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, he's one of Scotland's few world class athletes and seems like a decent, down to earth kind of guy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Murray is disliked (or at least, not warmed to) by the English middle classes largely because he is Scottish. The wimbledon crowd genuinely seems to adore their darling, Persil advertising, serial loser Tim Henman because he's one of their own. I guess Murray's joke with a journalist about having the temerity to not support England during the 2006 World Cup is another excuse for them too. I can't imagine Murray has much time for them either. As for the people who care what football team he supports, who cares? As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, he's one of Scotland's few world class athletes and seems like a decent, down to earth kind of guy.

A bit like the Scots hating the English because they're English ;)

What utter pish you are talking.

If you watched the Murray documentary last night or have read anything about him you'll know his personality is nothing like what is portrayed by the media.

He's an inspiration to millions throughout the UK and World, but you go ahead dissing him, sure you know better!

Millions? How many people do you know that have even been to a tennis match?

Caspian Primrose

are you saying you can only be inspired by sportsmen/women that you have witnessed in the flesh?

Bonnie Prince Charlie

A bit like the Scots hating the English because they're English ;)

???

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I hope he doesn't.

Hibs *****.

Don't be so ignorant; he is not a Hibs **** , Barcelona **** maybe, - the info is all out their, just do a search.

I P Knightley

Don't be so ignorant; he is not a Hibs **** , Barcelona **** maybe, - the info is all out their, just do a search.

If you watched the BBC documentary, you might have caught a glimpse (full screen) of a childhood photo of him (I'd have said aged 8 or 9) and he's wearing some awful yellow thing with a very distinctive logo on it.

Add to that the comments quoted earlier and there's not much doubting that he's a Hibs ****.

Whatever you like to believe, it shouldn't have the slightest bearing on whether a grown up individual takes a shine or otherwise to a top level sportsman FROM A DIFFERENT SPORT. But wee Eck doesn't often show signs of having grown up so we have to tolerate him.

Say What Again

The info is on this thread.

An interview with the biggest football magazine in the UK, in which Andy Murray discusses being a Hibs fan.

So Andy Murray classes himself as a Hibs fan, but according to JKB he's wrong :facepalm:

He may well have a soft spot for Barca, just like myself, but I'm pretty sure his Scottish team is Hibs. Not that it makes any difference.

The info is on this thread.

An interview with the biggest football magazine in the UK, in which Andy Murray discusses being a Hibs fan.

So Andy Murray classes himself as a Hibs fan, but according to JKB he's wrong :facepalm:

He may well have a soft spot for Barca, just like myself, but I'm pretty sure his Scottish team is Hibs. Not that it makes any difference.

Boy confirms he is a Hibs fan but still some folk will try and tell you he's not. Exact same folk who would be clambering to call him 'one of our own' if he was Hearts inclined no doubt :lol:

I've warmed to Murray over the last year or so, mostly because of his brilliant performance for Team GB at the Olympics. Would quite like to see him win Wimbledon.

Rudi Skacel

He inspired me to take up tennis 3 years ago, im sure there are many more like me aswell. If it wasnt for Andy Murray then I probably would never have taken up the game.

Does help the fact he is my sporting hero though.

Until a jambo minded tennis player challenges Murray, I'll be supporting Murray all the way.

Nucky Thompson

I couldn't care if Murray is a wee teamer, I hope he wins it this year

Tommy Brown

Considering that his grandfather played for Hibs, is it really that awful for him to be a hibee?

I just thank god that none of my grandas did the same.

Good documentary with the likes of Agassi saying that Fed & Nadal are probably the best tennis players ever. For a Scot to be mixing it (and with success) against this pair deserves our support.

I always liked and supported Henman, too. I get naffed with people who regard the likes of him as some kind of failure. A fantastic player wo wasn't quite the best in the world, some failure?

Fair enough if you are indifferent to him, but any Scot actively wanting him to lose - for whatever reason - will very likely be a self-loathing, Scottish cringe merchant (and therefore a moron).

Andy Murray is a world-class athlete, who we should cherish for as long as we possibly can. Hopefully he creates another piece of history this year.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Andy Murray is a world-class athlete, who we should cherish for as long as we possibly can. Hopefully he creates another piece of history this year.

gay

Boy confirms he is a Hibs fan but still some folk will try and tell you he's not. Exact same folk who would be clambering to call him 'one of our own' if he was Hearts inclined no doubt :lol:

I've warmed to Murray over the last year or so, mostly because of his brilliant performance for Team GB at the Olympics. Would quite like to see him win Wimbledon.

He won't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Now that the arrogant tosser has taken his wee knife, his clocks and chocolate and buggered off as well as Tsonga going out Murray should make the final.

Good luck to him and by the way the person you see on camera with the media isnt how the guy normally is have a watch of the documentary.

Archived