'Murray to win Wimbledon' odds

Tenor

5/1

It's a sign! (and before anyone has a go - he's not a die-hard Hibs fan, FFS!)

'MON THE MUZZAAAA!!!

:yas:

shaun.lawson

His record in Grand Slam finals is 1-5 anaw.

Another sign. ;)

Another sign. ;)

HAHA! YAAAASSS!!

:pleasing:

:sincere: he'll no win it bottle will crash just his wee TEAM

Another sign. ;)

:sincere: he'll no win it bottle will crash just his wee TEAM

:vrface:

Away and sh*te!

:symf: trust me semi finals at most this year

A) he's not a hibs fan

B) his bottle is fine cheers

C) bolt ya radge

Typical Scottish mentality assuming the worst before it happens.

Andy Murray WILL win Wimbledon this year.

Anyone fancy a ?100 bet loser pays the money to FOH?

Rudi Skacel

Sadly this is the time of year when you get knobs commenting on tennis who only watch 2 weeks a year.

I did wonder if we had seen the last of the people who would call him a bottler after US Open last year but obviously not. To be fair they probably didnt even realise.

shaun.lawson

Murray will NEVER win Wimbledon.

I pretty much guarantee it.

:usualbet:

A) he's not a hibs fan

B) his bottle is fine cheers

C) bolt ya radge

Typical Scottish mentality assuming the worst before it happens.

Andy Murray WILL win Wimbledon this year.

Anyone fancy a ?100 bet loser pays the money to FOH?

you should put that hundred into the club not betting on that ****

you should put that hundred into the club not betting on that ****

this^^

whatever hearts fans have ?100 to bet on a tennis match has their prioritys all wrong imo

do as the man above said

couple on here no getting the message

"Anyone fancy a ?100 bet loser pays the money to FOH?"

might be my english but that reads to me like the money will be going to the hearts foundation, just a matter of who's name is beside the donation. without the bet maybe this money would just stay in their pockets

5/1 looks way to short to me, looks like the bookies are strangling the odds on andy. he's won 1 title against 3 players with umpteen, all are proven winners on grass, 2 are at the top of their game, and he has to beat 2 of them. djoko's gotta be favourite followed by nadal, i'd put roger just in front of andy, just for the fact he's been seen and done it many times before and wont have any of the media pressure that andy will have.

couple on here no getting the message

"Anyone fancy a ?100 bet loser pays the money to FOH?"

might be my english but that reads to me like the money will be going to the hearts foundation, just a matter of who's name is beside the donation. without the bet maybe this money would just stay in their pockets

if you have ?100 spare to bet with another jambo on the outcome of a tennis match then both should maybe think of donating your bets to hearts :usualbet: :usualbet: ?200 to FOH hearts end up the winner :locke:

im not the smartest on jkb but even a deluded hibs fan would see my point :hibsfud:

basicly double the money going to hearts maybe buy the loser a pint :beer:

rudi must stay

can't see past him winning it this year. He's has a lot more inner belief than he used to, I think today will be a tough game though. Becker took Murray to a tie-break at Queens

Franklin Delano Bluth

No wonder the guy struggles at Wimbledon.

Bunch of miserable so and so's, honestly :lol:

'He's shite, he's not going to win it' etc.

He is quite comfortably the 4th best tennis player in the best era that has ever been. Agassi last night said Federer and Nadal were the two best ever (obviously he wouldn't say he was). Not just that, he often mixes it with them and beats them (it's not just about slams, Olympics, Masters 1000s anyone?).

Give the guy a break. He's by far the best sportsman to come out of Scotland in decades, if not ever. Absolutely unreal. If he was 10 years younger/older, he'd dominate world tennis and clean up everywhere.

He has a real chance to win Wimbledon, but the population have to be behind him and really support him. Absolute disgrace the rats come out the woodwork at Wimbledon with their 'He's just a wee Hobo bottler' patter. Just let the boy do his work and leave him alone. Wimbledon is the worst time for tennis in the UK. Hate it.

Caspian Primrose

Have I missed something? I dont follow Tennis as much as I used to tbf. Have Nadal and Djokovic arms fallen off?

oh and does Andy Murray read JKB? Apparently all the negative comments are gonna put him off. Stop it guys.

So wait the now...because he's a "jock" we automatically have to support him?

He's a dreary, moaning faced pleb who has done nothing to enhance his image within the media or sport.

I honestly couldn't care less if he wins or loses.

And that's more a reflection on Andy Murray than me.

Franklin Delano Bluth

So wait the now...because he's a "jock" we automatically have to support him?

He's a dreary, moaning faced pleb who has done nothing to enhance his image within the media or sport.

I honestly couldn't care less if he wins or loses.

And that's more a reflection on Andy Murray than me.

Just because you refuse to watch things to do with Andy Murray don't mean he has 'done nothing' to enhance his image within the media or sport.

He has to do 10x more work on his image than any other player on the tour, because the people from his own country hate him :lol:

Scottish people not supporting one of the only genuine world class Scotsmen in a worldwide sport shocker.

Guaranteed the same ******s were cheering a turgid Scotland team who beat Croatia when the pressure was off and they didnt need to win thus showing everyone that they have spent the last year taking the piss.

Typically Scottish.

ToadKiller Dog

while i want him to win, i think nadal will win this year

Yeah I think that also .

I see Baltacha looks like the first Brit out .

Always thought she had the ability to do a bit better than she has in her career .

Just because you refuse to watch things to do with Andy Murray don't mean he has 'done nothing' to enhance his image within the media or sport.

He has to do 10x more work on his image than any other player on the tour, because the people from his own country hate him :lol:

Do me a favour love.

He has to do 10x more work on his image than any other player because he has the personality of a wet paper bag.

Don't try and kid yourself on here eh!

rudi must stay

Do me a favour love.

He has to do 10x more work on his image than any other player because he has the personality of a wet paper bag.

who cares about personality, he's doing what he loves doing. Federer only has a good personality because he's told what to say and has been sculpted into this gentleman by Nike, when push comes to shuve he wants to win just like Murray

Nookie Bear

Do me a favour love.

But which top sportsmen actually have interesting personalities?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Why does Elena Baltacha keep getting wild cards for Wimbledon? She's fecking shite and won't get better. It's like when they kept including that useless bawbag Alex Bogdanovic. Jobs for the LTA boys and girls.

Money back if Murray doesn't reach the Semi Final with us (William Hill),

Pretty poor bet, as surely he'll get at least that far.

But which top sportsmen actually have interesting personalities?

Its a shite excuse used by idiots to not support Murray. much like the utterly woeful Hibs chat.

Its because he isn't a complete loser like our footballers and rugby players and isnt a 'cheeky chappy' underdog that the nation can cream their pants over before the inivitable pummelling happens.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Its a shite excuse used by idiots to not support Murray. much like the utterly woeful Hibs chat.

Its because he isn't a complete loser like our footballers and rugby players and isnt a 'cheeky chappy' underdog that the nation can cream their pants over before the inivitable pummelling happens.

Boo hoo.

Say What Again

A) he's not a hibs fan

Really? Someone better let him know that.

Me and my brother [ex-Wimbledon doubles champion, Jamie] started going to Hibs games when we were 13 or 14.

"Most of my friends are Rangers or Celtic fans. There have never been such high expectations at Hibs, I guess, so at least we don't feel like we're being let down. They've always got new young players coming through, and have done relatively well, considering ? we've been on some good cup runs in recent times, like winning the League Cup in 2007."

Best moment

"As a Hibs fan, probably the best match I have watched them play was in 2001 against [AEK] Athens in the UEFA Cup, at home. The atmosphere was electric."

Worst moment

"I wouldn't know, but there's been a lot over the years!"

All-time hero

"Franck Sauzee without a doubt. He is our 'Le God'."

Dream signing

"Lionel Messi is my favourite of the lot."

Would you force your kids to support Hibs?

"I wouldn't make them ? I'd try and edge them that way, but I wouldn't force them to."

Interview: Robin Brooks. From the September 2009 issue of FourFourTwo.

SWYW.Murray.286.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Me and my brother [ex-Wimbledon doubles champion, Jamie] started going to Hibs games when we were 13 or 14.

"Most of my friends are Rangers or Celtic fans. There have never been such high expectations at Hibs, I guess, so at least we don't feel like we're being let down. They've always got new young players coming through, and have done relatively well, considering ? we've been on some good cup runs in recent times, like winning the League Cup in 2007."

Best moment

"As a Hibs fan, probably the best match I have watched them play was in 2001 against [AEK] Athens in the UEFA Cup, at home. The atmosphere was electric."

Worst moment

All-time hero

Dream signing

"I wouldn't make them ? I'd try and edge them that way, but I wouldn't force them to."

SWYW.Murray.286.jpg

Ha ha, pwned.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Who cares whether he is a Hibs fan or not, genuinely?

Only the pathetic sort of people who don't eat green sweets, don't wear green clothes and dye their grass maroon, that's who.

I don't honestly get the whole 'He has no personality'. The Brow is right - it's a shite excuse used by people who are scared of success. Andy Murray is a sportsman Scotland can only dream off - and he's treated like shite in his own country.

People using some ***** excuse that he's a Hibs fan so they can't support him, or isn't in the papers shagging about every week so isn't enough of a personality. :vrface::rofl:

I P Knightley

Yeah I think that also .

I see Baltacha looks like the first Brit out .

Always thought she had the ability to do a bit better than she has in her career .

She also believes that she has/d the ability to do better but has come to realise late in her career that she's been let down or misguided by the LTA in terms of her coaching and match preparation.

Wouldn't be expected to do well today due to lack of match practice since injury but may have a couple of good tournaments* in her before retirement.

* inasmuch as women's tournaments are ever 'good'.

Do me a favour love.

What utter pish you are talking.

If you watched the Murray documentary last night or have read anything about him you'll know his personality is nothing like what is portrayed by the media.

He's an inspiration to millions throughout the UK and World, but you go ahead dissing him, sure you know better!

The 4/1 I took on Murray (no sign of 5s when I put it on) is looking not bad right now. I bet him to win the US Open pre-tournament at the same price so hopefully that's a good omen!

Randy Marsh

What utter pish you are talking.

If you watched the Murray documentary last night or have read anything about him you'll know his personality is nothing like what is portrayed by the media.

He's an inspiration to millions throughout the UK and World, but you go ahead dissing him, sure you know better!

:spoton:

The folk that slag Murray are probably the sort of people who think their favourite football players are big personalities. Despite most of them barely being able to string a sentence together.

I actually think Murray at 5/1 was a cracking price. A ton on that would have paid for the season ticket.

Best moment

Worst moment

All-time hero

Dream signing

SWYW.Murray.286.jpg

Started going when he was 13/14...how long did he stick it before saying "**** this, I'm off to Barca."

I've been to Easter Road more than him ffs.

Archived