The Official JKB Giant Raffle For Hearts

Maple Leaf

:yas:

Closed!

When's the draw? Should I crack open a Single Malt to build up the suspense?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When's the draw? Should I crack open a Single Malt to build up the suspense?

ASAP. :eek:

I've to run some checks and tests, and I've to try to figure out the owners of three tickets that were anonymous purchases by non-JKB members, but it should be in the next 90 minutes or so.

But for the moment here are the unofficial tallies. At the close of ticket sales, 374 people bought 1,166 tickets, and contributed a total of:

?5,830

Huge, huge thanks are due to everyone who bought tickets.

:toasting:

Carl Fredrickson

Well done Redm, Uly and the others on putting together a great prize list and it is a great amount raised. :cheesy:

ASAP. :eek:

I've to run some checks and tests, and I've to try to figure out the owners of three tickets that were anonymous purchases by non-JKB members, but it should be in the next 90 minutes or so.

But for the moment here are the unofficial tallies. At the close of ticket sales, 374 people bought 1,166 tickets, and contributed a total of:

?5,830

Huge, huge thanks are due to everyone who bought tickets.

tumblr_lntp643uwE1qg3b27.gif

OK, the official tallies are marginally different.

376 contributors.

1,168 tickets.

?5,840 raised. Thanks to everyone who bought tickets.

I'm now in the process of tearing up strips of tickets to put them into the draw drum. I could do with some volunteers to help run the draw in (about) 30-40 minutes from now.

Anyone? It doesn't matter if you have tickets or not. If there is a stampede I might have to select some volunteers and leave others out. :whistling:

OK, the official tallies are marginally different.

376 contributors.

1,168 tickets.

?5,840 raised. Thanks to everyone who bought tickets.

I'm now in the process of tearing up strips of tickets to put them into the draw drum. I could do with some volunteers to help run the draw in (about) 30-40 minutes from now.

Anyone? It doesn't matter if you have tickets or not. If there is a stampede I might have to select some volunteers and leave others out. :whistling:

I can help.

I'm also due a win... :look:

Carl Fredrickson

Would love to offer my services but I am shortly heading out to be a taxi for Mrs Bagger and her friends at the Paul Weller gig. Just email me what i have won ta :2thumbsup:

yvonnejambo

Ok my eyes are closing so if you have enough helpers I will go to sleep

OK, we have six volunteers - which is handy, because we have 24 prizes to draw.

Boof

Foxy Knoxy

Hannibal Lecter

Kimi Raikkonen

Lancashire_Lou

scottish_chicP

So you're going to draw four tickets each.

Now, here's how it's going to work. You may have seen some of JKB's convoluted coded draws before, and this is another one. I've assigned each ticket a random code, and the full list of codes will shortly be winging its way to a couple of trusted JKB stalwarts. To be honest, their job isn't really to be part of the draw - it's to make sure that I'm not making the winners' names up as I go along. :eek:

What the six of you will have to do is post codes on this thread when I ask you to - I'm not telling you the code structure now, but I will before you have to post them. And you will be racing each other; the prize winners will get to claim their prizes in the order their codes are posted on the thread.

The rules are simple. Each code is made up of three parts. Each volunteer has to post four codes (4 x 6 gives 24 winners) - but you must post only one code at a time. So you have to post a code on this thread and then post your next code as quickly as possible after that.

If you post a code that someone else has just posted, I'll shout and you have to post another one. If that happens you don't lose your place in the queue.

Some codes are placeholders - they are blank rather than named. If you name a BLANK I'll shout and you have to post another one. If that happens you don't lose your place in the queue.

So that's it. I'll say what your codes should look like and call for you to post them, and then you have to post four codes as quickly as you can - but only one per post.

Before we launch (this could get a bit :eek:), can all six of you post to confirm that this makes sense (to the extent that anything on JKB ever makes sense)?

:cheese:

Ok my eyes are closing so if you have enough helpers I will go to sleep

Cheers, and sorry for the delay. :toasting:

Hannibal Lecter
OK, we have six volunteers - which is handy, because we have 24 prizes to draw.

Boof

Foxy Knoxy

Hannibal Lecter

Kimi Raikkonen

Lancashire_Lou

scottish_chicP

So you're going to draw four tickets each.

Now, here's how it's going to work. You may have seen some of JKB's convoluted coded draws before, and this is another one. I've assigned each ticket a random code, and the full list of codes will shortly be winging its way to a couple of trusted JKB stalwarts. To be honest, their job isn't really to be part of the draw - it's to make sure that I'm not making the winners' names up as I go along. :eek:

What the six of you will have to do is post codes on this thread when I ask you to - I'm not telling you the code structure now, but I will before you have to post them. And you will be racing each other; the prize winners will get to claim their prizes in the order their codes are posted on the thread.

The rules are simple. Each code is made up of three parts. Each volunteer has to post four codes (4 x 6 gives 24 winners) - but you must post only one code at a time. So you have to post a code on this thread and then post your next code as quickly as possible after that.

If you post a code that someone else has just posted, I'll shout and you have to post another one. If that happens you don't lose your place in the queue.

Some codes are placeholders - they are blank rather than named. If you name a BLANK I'll shout and you have to post another one. If that happens you don't lose your place in the queue.

So that's it. I'll say what your codes should look like and call for you to post them, and then you have to post four codes as quickly as you can - but only one per post.

Before we launch (this could get a bit :eek:), can all six of you post to confirm that this makes sense (to the extent that anything on JKB ever makes sense)?

:cheese:

Makes sense to me.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

What happens if the 1st person drawn isn't online?

Does everyone have to wait until they've picked their prize?

I'm confused but hoping for a happy result for me.

Just to clarify, the persob will post a code then u announce a winner, and the winner has to get in asap to claim a prize?

I'm confused but hoping for a happy result for me.

Just to clarify, the persob will post a code then u announce a winner, and the winner has to get in asap to claim a prize?

No, everyone gets to claim their prize in the order drawn. The first person drawn gets to choose first.

Does everyone have to wait until they've picked their prize?

Pretty much - but last time we had all the prizes allocated within a day or two.

No, everyone gets to claim their prize in the order drawn. The first person drawn gets to choose first.

ie doesn't have to be chosen tonight?

Just as well as bed is calling

Lancashire_Lou

so we pick any prize if our name is drawn????????

Any prize that's left once its your turn.

I get u now! I think haha

No i do, having a slow day today. Looking forward to this, hope i'm first haha

Pretty much - but last time we had all the prizes allocated within a day or two.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

so we pick any prize if our name is drawn????????

In order.

You hoping for a season ticket?

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

In order.

You hoping for a season ticket?

just making up the numbers. can`t even remember the prizes

Lancashire_Lou

Hurry up Boof! Im at work & dreading an alarm going off soon. I'll have to just ignore it. PRIORITIES

Hannibal Lecter

Wakey wakey Boof

This always happens - not easy to co-ordinate several volunteers in different countries.

Sheesh.

Boof? Or another volunteer?

Boof better no win anything with the trauma he's putting the whole JKB community through

Boof better no win anything with the trauma he's putting the whole JKB community through

I'd wring his neck - if I could get to Shetland. :ninja:

Hannibal Lecter
Clearly a Hibbie

Or trolling us all

Archived