A tear to my eye

Heartsofgold

This is the kind of stuff that made me join FoH. Not to have us challenging for silverware, not to build a lovely new stand, not to get one over the Hibs. Those are all just nice side benefits. 

The reason I joined, and which I think we sometimes forget is the whole purpose of FoH, is to make sure that we have a club to support, to love and most importantly, to make sure our kids and our kids' kids, will have the opportunity to experience the same highs (and character building lows) that we all have. 

It's been so long now that it's easy forgotten just how ****ing close we were to nothingness. Don't kid yourself we'd have been parachuted in to the leagues like Sevco. We'd have been obliterated. And people like HoG would never have been able to have that lifelong memory to cherish, of taking your kids to their first Hearts game. I know I still remember those first games my Dad took me to and they are still some of my most cherished memories. For all the bickering that goes on in here, every single fan who contributed to our survival deserves all the praise going. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back, folks. You're all ****ing heroes in my book. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Beats

• Poseidon

• CF11JamTart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

This is the kind of stuff that made me join FoH. Not to have us challenging for silverware, not to build a lovely new stand, not to get one over the Hibs. Those are all just nice side benefits. 

The reason I joined, and which I think we sometimes forget is the whole purpose of FoH, is to make sure that we have a club to support, to love and most importantly, to make sure our kids and our kids' kids, will have the opportunity to experience the same highs (and character building lows) that we all have. 

It's been so long now that it's easy forgotten just how ****ing close we were to nothingness. Don't kid yourself we'd have been parachuted in to the leagues like Sevco. We'd have been obliterated. And people like HoG would never have been able to have that lifelong memory to cherish, of taking your kids to their first Hearts game. I know I still remember those first games my Dad took me to and they are still some of my most cherished memories. For all the bickering that goes on in here, every single fan who contributed to our survival deserves all the praise going. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back, folks. You're all ****ing heroes in my book. 

Hearts Legends one and all.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

My goodness you and your family have had a tough time, HoG, and it's great to hear that things have got somewhat better. 

If anyone deserves a break it's you and I wish you and your loved ones all the very best. 

Also it's heart warming to read this thread and see the number of kind people that are around. 

Thanks jonno. There was a lot of really great people that pm’d me and kept my chin up. They say we were confirmed as safe I cried the same tears as when my children were born. 

Craig Herbertson
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Top post. I didn't realise how much the club meant to me until the cup parade in 1998, one of the best days of my life. I realised then that it's our club, our people, the good and the bad; all our families past, present and future. Can't really be summed up.