A tear to my eye

Heartsofgold

Lads and ladies...can I assist too? I've bought a bunch of merch this week to get some cash into the club, but would love to help get a hearts daft bloke a season ticket and in there supporting the team if possible.

Who's Paypal can I send to for this? Will chuck in 30 quid.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Beats

• Poseidon

• CF11JamTart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just had a wee read through this, unbelievable gestures from most of you guys.

Like Wee Robbo, put all this 'Hibs Hearts' pish to one side because deep down we're all just football supporters following the club we both love.

In the process of moving house down to Southend so money is incredibly tight right now but if someone can point me in the right direction I'm more than happy to donate (might only be a small figure mind) come Friday when payday arrives.

Stick in HoG mate, wish you and your family all the best.

Good stuff mate :thumbsup:

You'll be a marked man on hibs.net though :ninja:

:lol:

The Wrinkly Ninja

Thanks Dagger. Again a very generous offer. If the wife gets better or if I can get care organised I may take you up on that offer. You'd better not call my two little GIRLS boys though!!! They will tell you very quickly that they are not boys!!! HAHAHAHA!!

What kind of care we talking about HOG? Is this something that can be arranged through a third party? Even for enough time for you to get out with the girls?

I will happily pitch in with time or money to make it happen!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Lads and ladies...can I assist too? I've bought a bunch of merch this week to get some cash into the club, but would love to help get a hearts daft bloke a season ticket and in there supporting the team if possible.

Who's Paypal can I send to for this? Will chuck in 30 quid.

Just tried to add you to the PM convo on this, but it comes up saying that you cannot use PMs or something. Is your inbox full?

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

Only just found this thread - as others have said, brought a tear to my eye.

Can I make a suggestion RE the season ticket that is bought - raffle it off at ?5 for a ticket - alot of people have said over the last few days that they just dont have the money to renew/buy a season ticket, but i am sure most could afford ?5 for the chance of getting one. with the money that is made, buy another and do it again and again and again - its a win/win.

If any money is left over - buy the OP's kids a home top, then they can support the team from home in style

Think this is a good idea! I'd be more than happy to enter into the raffle with the chance to win one.

Had a couple people on the 'xxxx season tickets sold' thread offering to pool together for a ticket for me so, if those guys are reading; as much as I'd love a ST, could I ask just to put any money into this idea? That way it gives more people a chance and much more money to the club :-) cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
graeme miller

Just had a wee read through this, unbelievable gestures from most of you guys.

Like Wee Robbo, put all this 'Hibs Hearts' pish to one side because deep down we're all just football supporters following the club we both love.

In the process of moving house down to Southend so money is incredibly tight right now but if someone can point me in the right direction I'm more than happy to donate (might only be a small figure mind) come Friday when payday arrives.

Stick in HoG mate, wish you and your family all the best.

when you get settled in southend message me and i'll sort you out a couple of tickets to see sufc my mates a coach there

I'm in absolute bits reading this thread.

HoG, I know at close hand how fantastic the members of JambosKickback can be and all the offers that have been offered to yourself by the members on here has been nothing short of wonderful and I doth my Cap to everyone. :2thumbsup:

The support I received from the members on here when I posted about losing my son (13) suddenly to a brain embolism was overwhelming and more than 8 yrs on,I still read the posts as one of the family kindly printed the whole thread up. Callum's sister now 11, sat with Me one night recently while I was reading them and like myself she was in floods of tears, It was the 1st time she had seen them. There was a thread posted on Hibs Net by my sister in law and they too were fantastic.

The Club were also Fantastic to Myself and the Family and I will forever be indebted to everyone associated with Our Famous Club.

I suffer from chronic back pain,arthritis etc and still suffer from what happened 8 yrs ago and I'm unable to work and my Wife cares for Me,and my daughter, so I know how hard it is.

Last Word from Me is that I hope Your Wife can make a recovery and that your Family issues improve as fast as they can.

Best wishes to You and the family,

Maroonman

There is nothing better than being part of the Hearts family.

HHGH

Edited by maroonman

Heartsofgold

Hi everyone.

I got a PM last week from Allez Rossineri telling me that all the money donated is going to Big Hearts and buying an adult and child ST in my wife and kids names. This is just fantastic and I hope they are well used.

My wife is a huge Jambo to and was in tears when I showed her this thread.

A big thank you goes out to everyone who has donated. With great Jambos....and even the occasional brilliant Hibby....looking at you Wee Robbo....this brilliant club will never die.

Just glad me and some guys are able to do our bit. Tickets being bought tomorrow, and I believe Big Hearts will be passing the tickets onto a school to be used by kids that may not normally have been able to get along to Tynecastle. This'll probably be my last post on the thread so would just like to wish you and your family all the best again Heartsofgold.

So Make Some Noise..

We've got the club covered mate, :2thumbsup: you just concentrate on the fam!

All the best to you and yours.

CF11JamTart

Just glad me and some guys are able to do our bit. Tickets being bought tomorrow, and I believe Big Hearts will be passing the tickets onto a school to be used by kids that may not normally have been able to get along to Tynecastle. This'll probably be my last post on the thread so would just like to wish you and your family all the best again Heartsofgold.

Gold star for you, Allez. Thank you for sorting it all out.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder to members that issues relevant to one thread shouldn't be pursued around other threads on the forum. Otherwise, we just end up with threads being dragged off topic.

Thanks.

Just a reminder to members that issues relevant to one thread shouldn't be pursued around other threads on the forum. Otherwise, we just end up with threads being dragged off topic.

Thanks.

So this isnt the place to find Wales DVDs?

Franklin Delano Bluth

Shan state of affairs when one person gets off with not paying their dues, and defended by Kickback's version of the Avengers and someone else gets chastised for it.

To make it clear, if you are due money, you man up and get it paid, irrelevant of circumstances. :down:

TheMaganator

Shan state of affairs when one person gets off with not paying their dues, and defended by Kickback's version of the Avengers and someone else gets chastised for it.

To make it clear, if you are due money, you man up and get it paid, irrelevant of circumstances. :down:

Or do the honourable thing and go into administration.

Edited by TheMaganator

Let's hear the sob story then, Ryder/Beats.

Not my place to say mate. We got the season tickets that we wanted so it's done with :thumbsup:

scott_jambo

Not my place to say mate. We got the season tickets that we wanted so it's done with :thumbsup:

Sounds like Ryder and Beats swallowed it then :beatnik2: Slippery wee Jezza so he is. I bet he'll be tanning 12 cans of McEwans Export the night, money that could've went on these tickets he agreed to chip in for.

Good on the rest of you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sounds like Ryder and Beats swallowed it then :beatnik2: Slippery wee Jezza so he is. I bet he'll be tanning 12 cans of McEwans Export the night, money that could've went on these tickets he agreed to chip in for.

Good on the rest of you.

I never paid more than I originally promised. Others did and they deserve credit. I was unable to afford to.

Allez and CF EH 11 were more involved than me, and Allez in particular deserves a big pat on the back for doing the non cash related stuff on top of his contribution.

Let's just leave it though.

Guest C00l K1d

Unfortunately i cant afford a pair of maroon gazelles to go to tynie with.

Please help me kickback :sob:

Seriously but we have ******* amazing fans. There may not be loads of us but we're fantastic

• 5 years later...
Heartsofgold

Guys.

I'm bumping this thread up as a wee reminder.

Back in 2013 I was in a really dark place in life.  No job, my wife was seriously ill and I had 2 young kids to try and support.  

On top of that our club was almost driven to extinction and I'm not afraid to admit I was driven into a real pit of despair at the time.  Just read through the tread again and it brought some tears again thinking back to the generous nature of a lot of posters on this thread.

Fast forward 6 years.....my mental health is far better, I've been back in a full time, well paid job for a few years, my wife is still ill and in a wheel chair now but her general health is far better than it was.  The most important thing outside of that is that we saved this club and I will never forget it.  I managed to take the kids to their 1st game 4 years ago and got us all season tickets after that (at their insistence)!!  They are now 11 & 9 and love going to Tynecastle.  They were at the final last month and at both the semi-final and League Cup Semi at Murrayfield.  Both of them were in tears at the final whistle at the final, they were both so sure we'd win.

They would not have those memories but for the way we came together and saved this club.  I would not have the memory of their faces at these big games.

My (Heart)felt gratitude to each and every single person that has bought season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise, run fund raising days, raided their piggy banks, joined the Foundation and every other way we've raised money to keep Heart of Midlothian Football Club a part of all our lives and futures.

8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Guys.

Back in 2013 I was in a really dark place in life.  No job, my wife was seriously ill and I had 2 young kids to try and support.  

On top of that our club was almost driven to extinction and I'm not afraid to admit I was driven into a real pit of despair at the time.  Just read through the tread again and it brought some tears again thinking back to the generous nature of a lot of posters on this thread.

Fast forward 6 years.....my mental health is far better, I've been back in a full time, well paid job for a few years, my wife is still ill and in a wheel chair now but her general health is far better than it was.  The most important thing outside of that is that we saved this club and I will never forget it.  I managed to take the kids to their 1st game 4 years ago and got us all season tickets after that (at their insistence)!!  They are now 11 & 9 and love going to Tynecastle.  They were at the final last month and at both the semi-final and League Cup Semi at Murrayfield.  Both of them were in tears at the final whistle at the final, they were both so sure we'd win.

They would not have those memories but for the way we came together and saved this club.  I would not have the memory of their faces at these big games.

My (Heart)felt gratitude to each and every single person that has bought season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise, run fund raising days, raided their piggy banks, joined the Foundation and every other way we've raised money to keep Heart of Midlothian Football Club a part of all our lives and futures.

Great news HoG, glad things have turned round for you and was delighted to be able to do my bit.

I've gone through my own trials and tribulations since then, marriage breakdown, money woes etc but I'm now back on my feet and restarted my DD to FoH just last week to continue to job we originally started.

Won't be long til we're lifting silverware again for the kids to experience I'm sure!

6 years, 6 fecking years you've let us worry about how things turned out, 6 fecking years!!!

Seriously though, great to hear things have picked up, the cup win will come soon enough.

:thumbsup: 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Guys.

Great to hear HOG. 

The cup win is only postponed for a year. ?

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Great to hear HOG. 

The cup win is only postponed for a year. ?

Here's hoping RJ!

TyphoonJambo

Well done HoG good luck for the future. 

I never read this first time round but feel compelled to answer this time.

Delighted for you, HoG.

It’s genuinely lovely to hear (read) stuff like this.

Morgan

jimbojambo

Yes the darkest hour is truly before the dawn and hopefully anyone in a similar situation now will find hope that you've been there and came out the other side. Well done for not giving up

Heartsofgold
42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I never read this first time round but feel compelled to answer this time.

Delighted for you, HoG.

It’s genuinely lovely to hear (read) stuff like this.

Morgan

Thanks Morgan, and to all the other replies.  It was a hard time for a while but life is good again.

HoG reminds us all of how much Hearts mean to so many of us.  I still find it hard to comprehend how much money Hearts supporters raised and continue to raise each month.  Absolute millions, most of which come from ordinary people like HoG.

The pay off on the field will come, I am absolutely certain of that.  I am just one of thousands who get a feel good feeling every month when the email comes through telling me that my FoH sub has rocketed through cyberspace and tucked itself safely away in the bank.

I again want to pay tribute to JKB.  It played a monumental role in our recovery.

Hindsight tells us that letting our Hearts club die was never a viable option.

@Heartsofgold

It's great to hear that you're in a much better place these days.  For all we argue and bicker, this forum really is something special, and our Club even more so. 

Threads like this make it abundantly clear that the community around the club is one of the best in the game, and I wouldn't change a single bit of it :thumbsup:

How about us starting a fund to let this super fan who is down on his luck get a season ticket for himself and his sons. I would be willing to contribute but am not sure how to go about it.

Robbo-Jambo
25 minutes ago, eusabio said:

How about us starting a fund to let this super fan who is down on his luck get a season ticket for himself and his sons. I would be willing to contribute but am not sure how to go about it.

Daughters:arry:

Dagger Is Back
On 07/06/2019 at 12:57, Heartsofgold said:

Guys.

I live good news  stories. Brilliant to hear HOG

On 21/06/2013 at 20:40, Heartsofgold said:

For financial reasons.ie out of work looking after an sick wife and still trying to pay a mortgage etc, I cannot donate a bean to my beloved club just now and this devastates me in ways I cannot begin to explain. Christ, it's sometimes hard just getting food on the table some weeks.

However, having read some of the stories and the monumental effort that a lot of my fellow Jambos are making to save our famous and proud Edinburgh institution makes me so proud, so.......humble is probably the best way I can say it....that I'm in tears writing this. It just goes to prove how much this club means to so many people in and around the Capital (and beyond I suppose!!).

Please keep up the good work folks as I hope one day to return to paid employment and to be able to take my 2 young kids to see the famous HMFC and explain to them just what it means to support a REAL football team.

Priorities lie within the household, family comes first and providing a roof over the heads is vital. Your praise for your fellow supporters of the fine club that is the Heart of Midlothian is welcomed, we will continue to pledge and contribute to allow The Famous Hearts to play on and make our presence known in to top flight of Scottish football, as long as we have the foundation the club will remain steady as a rock for guys like yourself to come back one day when all is well. 

FB_IMG_1508856977503.jpg

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Priorities lie within the household, family comes first and providing a roof over the heads is vital. Your praise for your fellow supporters of the fine club that is the Heart of Midlothian is welcomed, we will continue to pledge and contribute to allow The Famous Hearts to play on and make our presence known in to top flight of Scottish football, as long as we have the foundation the club will remain steady as a rock for guys like yourself to come back one day when all is well. 

FB_IMG_1508856977503.jpg

Nice badge. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1508856977503.jpg

Heart warming and very well said

3 hours ago, eusabio said:

We tried that 6 years ago and he wasn't in a position to accept, fortunately his luck has taken a turn for the better in the meantime so probably not required.