A tear to my eye

Heartsofgold

Heartsofgold

For financial reasons.ie out of work looking after an sick wife and still trying to pay a mortgage etc, I cannot donate a bean to my beloved club just now and this devastates me in ways I cannot begin to explain. Christ, it's sometimes hard just getting food on the table some weeks.

However, having read some of the stories and the monumental effort that a lot of my fellow Jambos are making to save our famous and proud Edinburgh institution makes me so proud, so.......humble is probably the best way I can say it....that I'm in tears writing this. It just goes to prove how much this club means to so many people in and around the Capital (and beyond I suppose!!).

Please keep up the good work folks as I hope one day to return to paid employment and to be able to take my 2 young kids to see the famous HMFC and explain to them just what it means to support a REAL football team.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heartsofgold

• Beats

• Poseidon

• CF11JamTart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For financial reasons.ie out of work looking after an sick wife and still trying to pay a mortgage etc, I cannot donate a bean to my beloved club just now and this devastates me in ways I cannot begin to explain. Christ, it's sometimes hard just getting food on the table some weeks.

However, having read some of the stories and the monumental effort that a lot of my fellow Jambos are making to save our famous and proud Edinburgh institution makes me so proud, so.......humble is probably the best way I can say it....that I'm in tears writing this. It just goes to prove how much this club means to so many people in and around the Capital (and beyond I suppose!!).

Please keep up the good work folks as I hope one day to return to paid employment and to be able to take my 2 young kids to see the famous HMFC and explain to them just what it means to support a REAL football team.

Aww mate, one day your fortunes will reverse & you'll be able to do that.

I can assure you that the response we've had to the family day is unreal. I literally cant keep up with the messages & offers.

Bring your kids along that day.

:thumbsup:

Nice post mate.

How about I shout you and the 2 kids tickets for the Aberdeen game?

At the end of the day mate, it's not about who can donate the most money that measures how much of a fan you are.

I'm sure if we all won the Euromillions tonight, we'd give a hefty amount to the club to see us through.

All you can do pal is just keep supporting us and that's all that can be asked of you. Whether that's financially or not is a different story and unfortunately so many of us aren't in much better financial positions than the club.

Deep down though mate, you know where your passions lie, and your love for the club is far more important than any amount of money that you could possibly give.

Nice post mate.

I'll go halfers with you G

Heartsofgold

Nice post mate.

Beats, see this is what I mean about the supporters of our club!!!!! That is very, very generous and I thank you for the kind offer but I need to be with my wife 24/7 due to her illness (not much family help I'm afraid).

This is so cheeky but could you just make a cash donation to the club via the JKB donate button (only if you haven't already done so!!). This is doing so well and gets the cash straight to the clubs bank account.

Sorry but the tears just started again. Bit gay eh!!!!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

**** that. bad times, mate, so sorry. I'll happily chuck a hundred in towards a season ticket for yous.

PM me if you are interested. :thumb:

Beats, see this is what I mean about the supporters of our club!!!!! That is very, very generous and I thank you for the kind offer but I need to be with my wife 24/7 due to her illness (not much family help I'm afraid).

This is so cheeky but could you just make a cash donation to the club via the JKB donate button (only if you haven't already done so!!). This is doing so well and gets the cash straight to the clubs bank account.

I'll do that mate. No problem :thumbsup:

All the best mate stick in.

CF11JamTart

**** that. bad times, mate, so sorry. I'll happily chuck a hundred in towards a season ticket for yous.

Me too.

PM me. Otherwise I will just donate it to the club.

all the best hog, and keep the chin up, we'll do all we can to keep this love of your life going til you can make it back to Tynecastle

Nice post mate.

:sob:

FFS! This alongside the OP and JayJay is just to much, seem to have tears in my eyes every time I log on now.

It's a real honour supporting Hearts :pleasing:

Heartsofgold

SWR, being a longtime reader of JKB, I know that your one of the most passionate fans on this forum and this offer just proves it even more. As I responded to Beats, just now I need to be with my wife 27/7 due to her illness. So a ST, while really really tempting and wanted, would be great it would likely be an empty seat in Tynie and I'd rather see someone who can make the games every week get the ticket.

I'm positive that you will have already donated via the button but feel free to give the ?100 you offered me directly to the club.

Once again, thank you for a very generous offer.

Heartsofgold

all the best hog, and keep the chin up, we'll do all we can to keep this love of your life going til you can make it back to Tynecastle

That's all anyone can ask AR. Thanks you for the kind words. Stick in my friend and we will save this club.

I'll go halfers with you G

Nice post mate.

Me too.

Its people like you lot that make me proud to be a hearts fan! Amazing gestures.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

SWR, being a longtime reader of JKB, I know that your one of the most passionate fans on this forum and this offer just proves it even more. As I responded to Beats, just now I need to be with my wife 27/7 due to her illness. So a ST, while really really tempting and wanted, would be great it would likely be an empty seat in Tynie and I'd rather see someone who can make the games every week get the ticket.

I'm positive that you will have already donated via the button but feel free to give the ?100 you offered me directly to the club.

Once again, thank you for a very generous offer.

Cool, I'll do that. I feel ******* terrible mate. Wish I could do something to help that was Hearts related or something.

Heartsofgold

Me too.

CF11, as with the others, thanks for you generosity but I have to decline for the reason I gave Beats and SWR. Give it to the club my friend, they will see it properly used.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

CF11, as with the others, thanks for you generosity but I have to decline for the reason I gave Beats and SWR. Give it to the club my friend, they will see it properly used.

Do you Ken a wee laddie or lassie that might want one?

Got to admit getting my season ticket today I felt a bit emotional. Thinking this great club could end.

Heartsofgold

Not sure the age of the kids but couldn't they go along with an older relative or friend?

I know were your coming from mate but, and this may be me being a bit selfish, I want to be the one to take them to their 1st game at Tynie. A bit sad but it really is a memory that I want in my mental photo album so to speak. It's one of those memories I want to treasure like their birth and my wedding day....which was also held at Tynecastle.

They are still young, 5 & 3 so hopefully their mum will get better and I will fulfil this desire.

I know were your coming from mate but, and this may be me being a bit selfish, I want to be the one to take them to their 1st game at Tynie. A bit sad but it really is a memory that I want in my mental photo album so to speak. It's one of those memories I want to treasure like their birth and my wedding day....which was also held at Tynecastle.

They are still young, 5 & 3 so hopefully their mum will get better and I will fulfil this desire.

Totally get you mate :thumbsup:

scottish_chicP

Not selfish or sad at all. I would imagine that's a memory most of us want with our kids one day.

All the best to you and I hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

Now I may log off here....I'm all cried out.

Its people like you lot that make me proud to be a hearts fan! Amazing gestures.

I had similar gestures from posters on another thread... Our fans are unbelievable!

I love this club.

Heartsofgold

Do you Ken a wee laddie or lassie that might want one?

Sorry SWR I really don't. My cousin is a ST holder and he just renewed his and bought one for his 5 year old son. He is the only junoir Jambo that I personally know.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry SWR I really don't. My cousin is a ST holder and he just renewed his and bought one for his 5 year old son. He is the only junoir Jambo that I personally know.

Sound mate. Genuinely moved by your story. :(

Do the other two chaps still want to punt in together and buy an ST to donate to Big Hearts or something like that?

Do the other two chaps still want to punt in together and buy an ST to donate to Big Hearts or something like that?

I'll give you the price of an adult and 2 kids tickets I was going to give for the Aberdeen game.

CF11JamTart

Understand. I'll do that.

You take care, dude. It sounds like you have got a lot on your plate.

Include me mothy. end of the month im happy to donate ?100.

CF11JamTart

Yeah... I am up for that, SWR.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'll give you the price of an adult and 2 kids tickets I was going to give for the Aberdeen game.

Aye, dude. Just the amounts originally proposed, but pooled together they could buy a season ticket for a nipper or something. :)

Aye, dude. Just the amounts originally proposed, but pooled together they could buy a season ticket for a nipper or something. :)

I'll have the money on Wednesday :thumbsup:

I reckon chip in for the season ticket and sell it off to the highest bidder on here or donate it to one of the fundraisers as a prize?

Heartsofgold

I'll have the money on Wednesday :thumbsup:

Yeah... I am up for that, SWR.

Include me mothy. end of the month im happy to donate ?100.

Guys, this means so much to me, you really have no idea. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my Heart. With supporters like you, this club will NEVER die.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Keep me updated how you want to do this :thumbsup:

Dunno the best way mate... I'm pish at organising things. Maybe the other three guys know how to best do it. Sorry, I'm so useless! :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guys, this means so much to me, you really have no idea. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my Heart. With supporters like you, this club will NEVER die.

It'll be done in your wife and your names. :)

CF11JamTart

As I said, I'm up for 100. Just sure the best way to do it. Whether to just Donate straight to the club, but contributing to someone's ST feels better.

Dunno the best way mate... I'm pish at organising things. Maybe the other three guys know how to best do it. Sorry, I'm so useless! :lol:

:lol:

Snap.

I work in Gorgie if that helps and can take the cash along to the ticket office.

Someone organise this ffs :lol:

:lol:

Snap.

I work in Gorgie if that helps and can take the cash along to the ticket office.

Someone organise this ffs :lol:

I could meet you on Monday to give you my cash

This is the first time I've posted on the matter. I've been on the go non stop all week and I don't think it has really had a chance to sink in until tonight when I've had a chance to catch up and read everything.

The generosity of everyone is unbelievable and that is why this club will survive.

I'm just out of uni, waiting to start a full time job, at the brink of my overdraft and on a part time wage. I so desperately want to help but I can only put in small amounts just now. As soon as I get my first full time wage the season ticket will be renewed.

I love this club and the people who support it :sob:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

CD11JT gets my vote as organiser of donations... Seems like a well balanced and in control gent. :)

I stand ready to assist. :)

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

I could meet you on Monday to give you my cash

Could do mate.

I've got paypal as well if that helps.

Just let me know what you think. I'll give ?50. Love it to be more but that's all I can manage just now.