Zal must stay!

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Slightly tongue in cheek title, but...

Just had a thought, I wonder if Zal will agree a wage cut? Just because we have a signing ban we can still extend his contract, right?

IMO the reason the admins aren't dumping players is because we need a team to put on the park if we get a signing ban. The above would be a massive boost if we have to work with what we've got for the rest of the year or even season.

I'm dreaming, but it's a good dream. :sob:

John Robertson seemed to suggest on Radio Scotland last night that Zal still has 6 months on his contract. I assume he was wrong but it did get me wondering....

That would be a real moral booster if it were to happen. Too much to hope for I fear.

CloustonHMFC

According to the beeb the signing ban will only be in place while we are in admin, cant see Zal staying but whats life without hope eh

FarmerTweedy

Slightly tongue in cheek title, but...

Just had a thought, I wonder if Zal will agree a wage cut? Just because we have a signing ban we can still extend his contract, right?

IMO the reason the admins aren't dumping players is because we need a team to put on the park if we get a signing ban. The above would be a massive boost if we have to work with what we've got for the rest of the year or even season.

I'm dreaming, but it's a good dream. :sob:

It is a good dream!

In reality though, assuming his contract hasn't actually expired yet (and it's rumoured to run until August), I'd be astonished if he isn't one of the four players reported to be set to be made redundant. I don't think there's really any way the administrators could realistically give any player a new contract or extension, unless they still had at least a year to go on their existing one, and were willing to accept a huge pay cut but only on the condition that their contract was extended.

heartsfc_fan

John Robertson seemed to suggest on Radio Scotland last night that Zal still has 6 months on his contract. I assume he was wrong but it did get me wondering....

6 months?! :dizzy2:

6 months?! :dizzy2:

Yeah! I know he signed his new contract midway through a season so guess it would depend if it was for 2 and a half years or 3. If it was for 3 then he'd have about 6 months left I think.

Suspect Robbo was wrong but you never know....

Archived