FOH - Pledging and any problems

iainmac

chrisyboy7
On 23/05/2020 at 16:18, Independence said:

Youngest son (19yo) just joined!!! That's both sons and I now proud members. HHGH. FTH.

Well done to you all

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• davemclaren

• durhamhearts

• Captain America

I upped my personal sub the other month - how can we increase the Kickback amount more per month?

Would be nice to double it - another £1 / £2 perhaps per KB member? Could we increase the KB subs for example (sorry if I’ve missed this previously).

20 minutes ago, jambodoug said:

I upped my personal sub the other month - how can we increase the Kickback amount more per month?

Would be nice to double it - another £1 / £2 perhaps per KB member? Could we increase the KB subs for example (sorry if I’ve missed this previously).

JKB just increased the monthly pledge to £500 per month yesterday. 

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Yeah sorry - that was what I was referring to - I was asking the question how can we make that bigger within the Kickback community.

WorldChampions1902
On 26/05/2020 at 15:55, iainmac said:

You have a PM.

carnockjambo

I already pledge and have done since day one. I want to set up new pledge in my daughters name. Can I use same bank account and Email as my pledge ? 

On 01/06/2020 at 11:36, carnockjambo said:

I already pledge and have done since day one. I want to set up new pledge in my daughters name. Can I use same bank account and Email as my pledge ? 

No.

Same bank account is fine but each pledger must have a separate email address.

No longer active

I increased my pledge from 10 to 15 this week however 5 payments have been taken ???  1 for 11, 1 for 12, 13 , 14 and £15 ? Can’t really afford 65 a month !!!

5 hours ago, George Cowie said:

I increased my pledge from 10 to 15 this week however 5 payments have been taken ???  1 for 11, 1 for 12, 13 , 14 and £15 ? Can’t really afford 65 a month !!!

Drop me an email at Rewards inbox & I'll sort that out for you. 

ToadKiller Dog

Taken two payments off me also ,increased my pledge from 20 to 30 , 30 came off on the 5th and 20 yesterday , emailed FOH said they can keep the extra 20 thus time and that I had cancelled the 20 Direct debit with my bank  .

So people should keep an eye out as it seems could be an issue .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

14 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Taken two payments off me also ,increased my pledge from 20 to 30 , 30 came off on the 5th and 20 yesterday , emailed FOH said they can keep the extra 20 thus time and that I had cancelled the 20 Direct debit with my bank  .

So people should keep an eye out as it seems could be an issue .

The process for increasing your pledge is effectively stopping one DD and starting another.

GoCardless should send you emails to both accept cancellation and also to authorise the new amount. Sometimes these emails go straight into junk / spam folders and pledgers never see them. this leads to either 2 pledges coming out or the new pledge sitting in a state of "pending customer approval" for ever and no money comes out.

if anyone is not sure if their pledge has increased, please drop me an email at the Rewards inbox.

Italian Lambretta

I want to give a 100 quid donation today over and above my monthly FOH payment. Has it been confirmed if my donation will be used specifically for legal fund? 

I am going  to increase my pledge from £10 to £20 but on the FOH site increasing or decreasing your pledge is a bit confusing...It advices you to complete another DD ....do i complete this for the  new amount then cancel the original on my bank app as some posters advising duplicate payments have been taking from them

indianajones
On 09/06/2020 at 15:32, iainmac said:

The process for increasing your pledge is effectively stopping one DD and starting another.

GoCardless should send you emails to both accept cancellation and also to authorise the new amount. Sometimes these emails go straight into junk / spam folders and pledgers never see them. this leads to either 2 pledges coming out or the new pledge sitting in a state of "pending customer approval" for ever and no money comes out.

if anyone is not sure if their pledge has increased, please drop me an email at the Rewards inbox.

Worth keeping this bumped. Emails took a while to come through but they did indeed come.

Easy process. 

Got 2 confirmations of pledge increased to £20     but nothing in inbox or spam about cancelling original DD of £10 ?

If anyone hasn't pledged yet but wants to, please click on the 1st link.

https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/

For existing pledgers that would like to increase (or decrease, these are tough times) click on the 2nd link.

https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/my-account/

Only if you can afford to, obviously.

The response from our fans has been nothing short of amazing!

About time I started pledging. But I can't see a way to do it monthly as there is no option for living in the US? 

Mods, can be binned after I get a reply. Cheers

FTH

12 hours ago, iainmac said:

For existing pledgers that would like to increase (or decrease, these are tough times) click on the 2nd link.

Hi Iain, 

I have just relied to your email - I increased my pledge but now it seems there is 2 separate accounts possibly?

13 hours ago, stubo said:

Got 2 confirmations of pledge increased to £20     but nothing in inbox or spam about cancelling original DD of £10 ?

Hi Stubo, I had same thing, both DDs kept going

12 hours ago, iainmac said:

I have sent over the two DD references in the email

37 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Hi Stubo, I had same thing, both DDs kept going

I just cancelled original one through Banking App

8 hours ago, trotter said:

About time I started pledging. But I can't see a way to do it monthly as there is no option for living in the US? 

Mods, can be binned after I get a reply. Cheers

FTH

Hi, unless you have a UK bank account, PayPal can be used for overseas pledgers.

https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/paypal-payment-option/

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I have sent over the two DD references in the email

I'll get to it at some time today.

We're a bit busy. 😄

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I'll get to it at some time today.

We're a bit busy. 😄

Cheers 👍

Thanks again Iain, sorted out in no time. Really tempted to make a lump sum payment to get me to the next milestone now!

8 hours ago, novoman said:

Hi Iain

I’ve sent you a PM called “one off payment “

Sorted. 

jambostuart

I have a couple of questions. Apologies if already answered. I had a brief look but never saw anything

1) I am probably in a position I can pay monthly but to be honest would prefer to pay one off payments each month. Does this affect FOH in any way/how much money Hearts see? Is  there an advantage for FOH for me to pay monthly?

2) I just tried to give a one off payment but got a "No existing mandate found" error? How do I get around this?

12 hours ago, jambostuart said:

I have a couple of questions. Apologies if already answered. I had a brief look but never saw anything

1) I am probably in a position I can pay monthly but to be honest would prefer to pay one off payments each month. Does this affect FOH in any way/how much money Hearts see? Is  there an advantage for FOH for me to pay monthly?

2) I just tried to give a one off payment but got a "No existing mandate found" error? How do I get around this?

1. The money goes to the same place but a monthly DD just makes it easier for you not to have to remember to donate every month. 

2. This probably means that you don't have an active bank account registered on the GoCardless system. To get round this, you can set up a monthly pledge, make a one off donation, then drop me an email to cancel the monthly pledge. 

jambostuart
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

1. The money goes to the same place but a monthly DD just makes it easier for you not to have to remember to donate every month. 

2. This probably means that you don't have an active bank account registered on the GoCardless system. To get round this, you can set up a monthly pledge, make a one off donation, then drop me an email to cancel the monthly pledge. 

Thanks for the quick response! I will set up a monthly pledge and see how it goes. My finances aren't subject to change with my current job until the end of the year so would be fine until then at least. 

After that, I would just give as and when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question. Under my ‘direct debit’ list on my banking app, the FOH amount showing is the recent one off payment I made. This is a different amount from my monthly contribution. Can I assume that my DD will revert back to my usual amount next month again? Hopefully that makes sense. Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just a quick question. Under my ‘direct debit’ list on my banking app, the FOH amount showing is the recent one off payment I made. This is a different amount from my monthly contribution. Can I assume that my DD will revert back to my usual amount next month again? Hopefully that makes sense. Cheers. 

The Dashboard can only show one "pledge" at a time - your most recent one.

GoCardless treat "one off" donations as a DD, albeit not an ongoing one. When your next regular pledge comes off, your Dashboard should revert back to normal.

If anyone is worried about this, drop me an email and I'll check your account.

56 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The Dashboard can only show one "pledge" at a time - your most recent one.

GoCardless treat "one off" donations as a DD, albeit not an ongoing one. When your next regular pledge comes off, your Dashboard should revert back to normal.

If anyone is worried about this, drop me an email and I'll check your account.

Got it. Cheers Iain 👍🏼

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question, apologies if asked previously.

I recently resurrected my D/D wef 1st July, I've also made 3 one-off payments between 24th June and 21st July.  While I can see all of these in my completed payments list, my points total hasn't been updated to reflect any of these payments.  Are the points only updated periodically, it's just that I'm expecting to hit the 2006 club target during August?

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Quick question, apologies if asked previously.

I recently resurrected my D/D wef 1st July, I've also made 3 one-off payments between 24th June and 21st July.  While I can see all of these in my completed payments list, my points total hasn't been updated to reflect any of these payments.  Are the points only updated periodically, it's just that I'm expecting to hit the 2006 club target during August?

Points for one off payments take a while to materialise but they do appear eventually . I've flagged this previously. 

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

Points for one off payments take a while to materialise but they do appear eventually . I've flagged this previously. 

OK, thanks Ian, I thought it was probably just a timing issue, but good to know for sure. 👍

I'm having some problems logging into my FOH account, it won't accept my password and I don't get e-mails. I've checked as far as I can and, can see my current e-mail addy,  address & phone nos are correctly listed. I've tried a few times to change my password but no e-mails confirming it have ever been received. I want to increase my pledge and would welcome any helpful advice.

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, argyjambo said:

I'm having some problems logging into my FOH account, it won't accept my password and I don't get e-mails. I've checked as far as I can and, can see my current e-mail addy,  address & phone nos are correctly listed. I've tried a few times to change my password but no e-mails confirming it have ever been received. I want to increase my pledge and would welcome any helpful advice.

Thanks in advance

Either PM me or send an email to the Rewards Inbox.

Harry Potter
On 17/05/2020 at 01:32, 1971fozzy said:

cheers. Sorted. Cancelled the old one and new one has been set up

Be better as a standing order where you can change it your self.

queensferryjambo

@iainmac

Hi,

I done a fundraiser for Foundation of Hearts on the facebook Heart of Midlothian football shirt collectors page. Once it was completed I made a one off payment of £300 to FOH on the FOH page but it has still not taken the money yet.

On my FOH dashboard It is basically under a row called 'Non-completed payments'. It has a transaction ID, the amount, the date (which is 03/08/2020 whicj I presumed was when the money would go to FOH as it was 28/07/2020 that I tried to make the one off payment) and it also says pending_customer_approval.

I just got off the phone to my digital banking as well and they aren't seeing any request for payment from anyone at all so issue must be on FOH side.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

@iainmac

Hi,

I done a fundraiser for Foundation of Hearts on the facebook Heart of Midlothian football shirt collectors page. Once it was completed I made a one off payment of £300 to FOH on the FOH page but it has still not taken the money yet.

On my FOH dashboard It is basically under a row called 'Non-completed payments'. It has a transaction ID, the amount, the date (which is 03/08/2020 whicj I presumed was when the money would go to FOH as it was 28/07/2020 that I tried to make the one off payment) and it also says pending_customer_approval.

I just got off the phone to my digital banking as well and they aren't seeing any request for payment from anyone at all so issue must be on FOH side.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

PM me your email address & I'll check what's happened. 

On 02/08/2020 at 09:00, Harry Potter said:

Be better as a standing order where you can change it your self.

Standing Orders we can certainly do but the process is a bit "clunky"  to say the least. I have to send the pledger  an electronic form,  pledger has to print then  send said form to the FoH registered address (NOT their bank) and then Maroon Points have to be manually added every month. 

Most of this happens automatically with GoCardless,  so it's a lot easier for pledgers (and me!) but we can do it,  if requested. 

Also,  PayPal should really only be used by our overseas pledgers as,  anyone with a, UK bank account should use GoCardless -  we can even take Euros now  

If you choose PayPal as an option,  your preferred will always show as £0 (Dashboard is fed from GoCardless) and I have no access to the PayPal system so won't be able to help you. 

• davemclaren locked this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic