Ref swearing at Hearts player on Saturday ?

hoof.hearted

Firstly I'm not one of those precious people who don't think referee's should swear at players, so when I saw Kenny Clark mouth what looked to me like 'shut the **** up' to one of our players I chuckled to myself.:)

But then when I noticed Nade mouthing what looked like '**** off' to Clarke who promptly booked him.:(

Surely whats good for the goose etc....:confused:

It would not surprise me in the slightest as there is one rule for the Ref's and another for the players, especially those who play for HMFC it would seem.....

givememychoice
Firstly I'm not one of those precious people who don't think referee's should swear at players, so when I saw Kenny Clark mouth what looked to me like 'shut the **** up' to one of our players I chuckled to myself.:)

But then when I noticed Nade mouthing what looked like '**** off' to Clarke who promptly booked him.:(

Surely whats good for the goose etc....:confused:

if only we could listen to the refs.

but then we might notice the double standards...

Guest S.U.S.S.

Surely no difference between

"Would you like to take a quick free kick Mr Ferguson?"

or

"****in wait ya Hearts B*****d!"

Are rugby refs not miced up? They always seem to be a million miles ahead in terms of using technology in the name of fair play. Wonder why.... :ninja:

Are rugby refs not miced up? They always seem to be a million miles ahead in terms of using technology in the name of fair play. Wonder why.... :ninja:

Aye they run aboot with the wee white ones with the pink tails...;)

the voice from above

like the OP i don't mind the refs talking to players the way players talk to each other, swearing is a part of modern football, so be it. What i don't like to see is the sheer agression exhibited by most of the spl refs. what benefit is there from kenny clark getting all pumped up and basically challenging nade to test his luck? it's ****ing ridiculous! there's no way his judgement is at it's clearest when he's on the verge of starting a fight with anyone who questions him. it's soooooooo amatuerish it's a joke. no wonder we've had no officials representing at any international tourneys in forever. the fact that i'd probably welcome dallas back says it all really.

Aye rugby ref's (in big games) wear mic's etc but it could be a double edged sword in fitba do you remember the Arsenal documentary a few years ago... some players and manager's etc could be exposed for the numptys they are.

He warned Nade.

Nade should have shut up.

He didn't and was booked.

Dare I say that Kenny Clark and Nade are ar$eholes.

Think they should go american and get ref cams, so they can weed out all the cheating dirty weegie bias feckers and get their view of the incident... they'll be walking on egg shells after that.

He warned Nade.

That's not quite right GMA - in fact it's wrong.

A more appropriate description of what happened is:

He warned Nade.

Nade walked away with his back to Clark

Clark pursued him, niggling and goading him into responding

Nade responded and was booked.

Clark was well out of order in what he did, and if there was any justice at all he would be severly reprimanded for that action alone - and that's not taking account of a cataloge of disgraceful decisions he gave against Hearts during the game..

Clark is a cheat, like so many other officials (MacDonald Underhill and so on)

That's not quite right GMA - in fact it's wrong.

A more appropriate description of what happened is:

He warned Nade.

Nade walked away with his back to Clark

Clark pursued him, niggling and goading him into responding

Nade responded and was booked.

Clark was well out of order in what he did, and if there was any justice at all he would be severly reprimanded for that action alone - and that's not taking account of a cataloge of disgraceful decisions he gave against Hearts during the game..

Clark is a cheat, like so many other officials (MacDonald Underhill and so on)

Myself, and most around me in section C ,were shouting for big Chris to shut his mouth. Clark is indeed an A-ring but a professional footballer should not be getting booked for dissent.

Big difference being if a Rugby player swore at a ref he'd be booked immeadiately...if not sent off, there is a lot more respect between rugby players and refs compared to footy.

That said I dont think swearing at refs is a bad thing in football if refs are happy to take it. If its made clear by a ref they dont like it and wont stand for it then dont do it.

Vlad_Knows_Best
Seem to remember Stuart Dougal hauled up in front of the sfa a few years back for swearing at a rangers player........

And he refereed in the 1st division for a couple of weeks after that incident.

Just to be sure I'm gonna check when Clarke "looks" like he's swearing at the Hearts player so others can look to see what they think.:527:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm actually dead against refs swearing at players.

The players are the talented ones on the pitch, the ref is supposed to be the 'invisible' man who helps keep the game in check and blows for half time and full time.

The worst one was that pleb Charlie Richmond calling Elliot a 'fecking f@nny'

The hatred in his face was unreal.

Referees = arseholes

Dagger Is Back

I didn't make the game on Saturday coz I was working but watched the recorded game later.

Thing that struck me about Clark was the hostile posture and body langauge he displayed throughout the game.

He was snapping and snrling at players constantly and I did think to meself - that plum has lost the plot.

Contrast that approach to some of the refs down south who appear to be enjoying themselves and actually having banter with the players.

Our refs are perhaps not crooked but certainly incompetent little Adolf ****ers!

Aye, I remember Dougal was fined by the SFA for swearing at a hun.

Its a mans game and players swear at each other and the refs / linesmen get it all the time.

They should just get on with it.

What they should be more worried about is improving their game. The standard of refereeing in Scotland is absolutley shocking.

The point about how aggressive they are is true. How many, particularly Clark, look like they are raging whilst reffing? He looks furious from first whistle-last.

Although you dont hear what he's saying you can tell he's being a d**k and if someone was talking to you the way he does, you'd smack him in the mouth.

I honestly cant think of ONE decent ref in the SPL. I've had great refs even at amteur level who share a laugh and joke and who have the respect of the players because they explain their decisions.

Big difference being if a Rugby player swore at a ref he'd be booked immeadiately...if not sent off, there is a lot more respect between rugby players and refs compared to footy.

That said I dont think swearing at refs is a bad thing in football if refs are happy to take it. If its made clear by a ref they dont like it and wont stand for it then dont do it.

That's because rugby players don't understand the rules. Agreed they don't swear at the ref (usually). They are too busy kicking and punching the **** out of each other!! Booting somebody's head perfectly OK, old boy just don't speak rudely to the referee.

Mind no so long ago, Richmond I think it was booked Elliot against Motherwell after Callum complained about how many times he'd been fouled. The ref went radge at him, booked him and called him a *****!

(A womans front bum)

maltese jambo
He warned Nade.

Nade typifies everything wrong with Hearts at the moment

Theres a difference

If he had abused nade, Id see your point

But telling a whinging fat cant to shut the **** up is ok

I'm reading Graham Poll's autobiography at the moment and despite him being an arrogant bawbag it's very interesting. I didn't realise the abuse that officials take, especially in their dressing room after full time was so full on.

I don't understand why a referee would feel the need to swear at players during the game, wouldn't having verbals with players just make their job harder?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I think we are all getting a wee bit precious. I dont believe for a second that every player that swears at a ref in a game gets booked. That being the case the game we be called off after 10 minutes. I think if you face the ref up and bellow a swear word in his face then your likely to get booked. A wee swear as you run past the ref isnt going to get you booked. Why cant ref's do the same back. I'm sure theres a list as long as you arm of players refs would like to swear at. Let them get on with it i say. We're all adults

Dunno about the swearing but did anyone else see Clark's face when he booked Nade? I actually had to stop the game and rewind to check that it really had been that bad. He's not the cheeriest of chaps but seriously, his face was twisted in sheer hatred...seriously nasty stuff....

I think we are all getting a wee bit precious. I dont believe for a second that every player that swears at a ref in a game gets booked. That being the case the game we be called off after 10 minutes. I think if you face the ref up and bellow a swear word in his face then your likely to get booked. A wee swear as you run past the ref isnt going to get you booked. Why cant ref's do the same back. I'm sure theres a list as long as you arm of players refs would like to swear at. Let them get on with it i say. We're all adults

If you read the first post then you'll realise you're missing the point.

If you see both incidents then it really is nothing. The Hearts player maybe should have "shut the **** up" but how can somebody in so called authority say this then book somebody for telling him to "**** off" ?

And you're spot on when you say facing up to the ref & swearing could get you booked...........but Nade said it as a almost every other player say's it to the ref in a match. No facing up, just a retort.

Watch super Barry next time the huns are on the box, he'll do it a dozen times.

I think all SFA referees must have been bullied at school. Like traffic wardens they're given a little bit of power and turn into total priicks :mad:

I think all SFA referees must have been bullied at school. Like traffic wardens they're given a little bit of power and turn into total priicks :mad:

Heard you the first time.:P

Mind no so long ago, Richmond I think it was booked Elliot against Motherwell after Callum complained about how many times he'd been fouled. The ref went radge at him, booked him and called him a *****!

(A womans front bum)

Was that not Brines - it was featured later on a TV documentary?

Archived