Queens/Wimbledon

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Murray back in action and has looked sharp and focused sppo far as he's made it to the quarters without dropping a set.

Now he has broke through the glass ceiling, this will be his best ever chance to win Wimbledon.

Unfortunately for him, Rafa wins it at a canter. Early exit for fed as well IMO.

Murray back in action and has looked sharp and focused sppo far as he's made it to the quarters without dropping a set.

Now he has broke through the glass ceiling, this will be his best ever chance to win Wimbledon.

Unfortunately for him, Rafa wins it at a canter. Early exit for fed as well IMO.

Rafa won't win it and Fed will get to at least the quaters.

I P Knightley

Rafa won't win it and Fed will get to at least the quaters.

I fall between the two of you on this.

Rafa could well win it but most certainly not at a canter. Murray is a very strong shout for it and there's nothing to suggest Djoko is out of the running.

Rafa's stats for the year (lost 2 in 60 or whatever) look great but many of those matches have been on clay - the real exceptional surface now - and set against players that even Murray would stand a chance against on the red dirt.

A lot depends on the draw but the one that hasn't got either of the others in his half will become favourite. For all their "powers of recovery", a match between two of those three will be more sapping than one between one of them and Berdych or Del Potro.

I will be very surprised if Federer fails to reach the QFs. He's just given some poor German wildcard a ladies' tennis-like double bagel in Halle. He may be on the wane but when you start as high as Fed has been, there's a long way to go. Wouldn't be surprised if this is his last Wimbledon, though.

shaun.lawson

- 5th seed Rafael Nadal will not win Wimbledon.

- Roger Federer, who has made 36 Grand Slam quarter-finals on the trot, must be pretty likely to reach a 37th too.

- Novak Djokovic has a big, big chance

- But not as big of one as oor Andy. 77 years of hurt are about to end: I can feel it in my bones. :cool:

I P Knightley

- But not as big of one as oor Andy. 77 years of hurt are about to end: I can feel it in my bones. :cool:

Awwwh.... Eff Off Shaun and your hex-laden predictions!! ;)

shaun.lawson

Awwwh.... Eff Off Shaun and your hex-laden predictions!! ;)

Shan't. :)

And besides, at Grand Slams this year, I'm 2 for 2. It was always the latter two Slams which would be harder to call though.

How will the best player in the world currently (and 7 away from all time) not win it? As long as he is healthy he'll be there or thereabouts.

To clarify on fed - I see qf as early for him!

Outside bet of tsonga.

I P Knightley

How will the best player in the world currently (and 7 away from all time) not win it?

Because he's stepping away from his surface of comfort onto a more level playing field; one where he was beaten last year by Lukas R-sol. Djokovic won't lose to someone like that.

"There or thereabouts" is a much safer prediction.

Berdych was knocked out by Cillic and Del Potro on the brink of losing out to Hewitt.

With second and third seeds gone, Murray should have queens in his back pocket.

Tsonga the only real threat I can see that's left.

I would love to see Murray vs Nadal at Wimbledon.

Because he's stepping away from his surface of comfort onto a more level playing field; one where he was beaten last year by Lukas R-sol. Djokovic won't lose to someone like that.

"There or thereabouts" is a much safer prediction.

He's excellent on grass and to be fair, he was seriously injured last year.

Hewitt nearly in the semi, played very well this tiurnament,

Sergio Garcia

Hewitt into the semis, apart from the first set in his first game and the middle set today he is looking a lot like his old self.

I think Rafa may do it again at Wimbledon, if the draw allows I am hopeful for him versus Novak in the final.

I P Knightley

Berdych was knocked out by Cillic and Del Potro on the brink of losing out to Hewitt.

With second and third seeds gone, Murray should have queens in his back pocket.

Tsonga the only real threat I can see that's left.

I would love to see Murray vs Nadal at Wimbledon.

Cilic was looking pretty tasty in the bits I saw. I imagine he'll beat Hewitt.

It would be a shame if Murray played Nadal in a semi final. The AELTC should have a word with the SFA about delivering a spectator-friendly draw.

Just watched the trailer for the BBC Murray documentary. They've got a lot of good contributors for it: Agassi, McEnroe, The Tiger, Nadal, Fed, Sir Alex... Will set that to record.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Is it not likely to be:

Djokovic, Federer and Nadal in one half. Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga in the other.

Djokovic or Federer will pump Nadal out in the quarters. Coming off the 'roids must be a bitch for Rafa the Animal.

Djokovic - Murray final

:vrwow:

Andy Murray, Wimbledon Champion

:glorious:

rossthejambo

Is it not likely to be:

Djokovic, Federer and Nadal in one half. Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga in the other.

Djokovic or Federer will pump Nadal out in the quarters. Coming off the 'roids must be a bitch for Rafa the Animal.

Djokovic - Murray final

:vrwow:

Andy Murray, Wimbledon Champion

:glorious:

I'd be very surprised if they had Fed, Rafa and Nole all on one side of the draw.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:facepalm:

Every year.

shaun.lawson

:facepalm:

Every year.

1. Now that he has a major under his belt - and an important singles title won at Wimbledon last summer too - of course it's his best ever chance to win the Big One.

2. You were the one who insisted over and over and over again that he'd never win a major at all!

The draw will be vital though, as ever.

Boaby Ewing

I hope Murray keeps something in the tank for the US Open, when he doesn't have to put up with all the 'Come on Tim, er, Andy' wanks.

Patrick Bateman

Would it really surprise anyone if Nadal was found doping? If anyone is at it, it's him.

I P Knightley

Would it really surprise anyone if Nadal was found doping? If anyone is at it, it's him.

After last year's Ozzie Open, with his back-to-back five hour matches, my betting would have been on Djoko visiting the lab.

The links to the dodgy Spanish doctor, though, put the spotlight back on Nadal. Internet rumours don't help. All a shame as I think he's a good guy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1. Now that he has a major under his belt - and an important singles title won at Wimbledon last summer too - of course it's his best ever chance to win the Big One.

2. You were the one who insisted over and over and over again that he'd never win a major at all!

The draw will be vital though, as ever.

1. Wrong

2. I think you'll find that right up until Murray won a major, I was bang on the money.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Cilic was looking pretty tasty in the bits I saw. I imagine he'll beat Hewitt.

It would be a shame if Murray played Nadal in a semi final. The AELTC should have a word with the SFA about delivering a spectator-friendly draw.

Just watched the trailer for the BBC Murray documentary. They've got a lot of good contributors for it: Agassi, McEnroe, The Tiger, Nadal, Fed, Sir Alex... Will set that to record.

When is the documentary on?

Assuming the doping stopped when the Spanish doc was caught, nadals form since his return from injury does not suggest he was previously using performance enhancers. He's also very outspoken about cheats and drug tests in tennis.

I think the reality is tennis is in its greatest ever moment, and is very lucky to have four phenomenal, honest, athletes at the top of the game.

Tommy Wiseau

1. Wrong

2. I think you'll find that right up until Murray won a major, I was bang on the money.

You were bang on the money that Murray would never win a major... until he won one? Is that what I've just read? :lol: :lol:

loveofthegame

A documentary about Murray's one major?

:what:

Eh... the lad is the first Brit to win a major in 80 years or something... why shouldn't there be a documentary about the country's biggest sports star?!

loveofthegame

You were bang on the money that Murray would never win a major... until he won one? Is that what I've just read? :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

Murray in trouble here a set down.

Is the English commentator on Eurosport the same boy who used to be a wwf commentator early 90s?

:cornette:

Rudi Skacel

I read it that way aswell, But I thought it was such a stupid thing to say I must have missed something.

Really looking forward to Wimbledon. Murray could get really lucky in the draw or really unlucky.

Can see Nadal doing well and I reckon we will see a Nadal-Djokovic match at somepoint whether its a quarter, semi or final. Be interesting to see how Rafa reacts to playing on grass again though. I think he has only played 1 tourny off clay courts since he came back (Indian Wells, hard court) and he won that.

Cant wait, I hope to see Murray make the final again though.

I don't know about you Tommy but I'm always right until I'm proven wrong.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Affirmative.

I'd love Murray to win then flounce around Wimbers waving a saltire.

Would be most :pleasing:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'd love Murray to win then flounce around Wimbers waving a saltire.

Would be most :pleasing:

Imagine if he ran round with a union flag.

:sheeeit:

Yet another blow to the independence movement.

Rudi Skacel

Affirmative.

you turned out to be wrong with what you said anyway.

final delayed by rain. Was supposed to start 2 hours ago.

Tommy Wiseau

Affirmative.

:lol:

You're some machine, Dusk Til Dawn.

If I was to say that I will never die, does that mean I was bang on the money until I do?

Rudi Skacel

If I was to say that I will never die, does that mean I was bang on the money until I do?

bang on the money till you get hit by a bus and you end up wrong.

covers are off at queens so should get tennis soon.

Dusk till dawn and foxy Knoxy should have their own TV show

:cornette:

This charity match after should be good.

I P Knightley

Murra letting his own head get the better of him from being 4-1 up in that first set.

Let's hope he capitalises on a good start to the second.

That slip just destroyed his focus.

Still think he'll win.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Absolutely. And then you'll be deed so no-one can call you for it.

I P Knightley

He was letting stupid things get to him. Cilic serving two stupendous aces has to be taken on the chin with a resolve to batter the next in ball. Instead, Murray was moping about and letting Cilic know his heart wasn't in the tail end of that first set.

Murray's been much better in this set - 3 really good service games in particular - but Cilic is no mug on the grass and still has his dander up.

Still could go either way.

I P Knightley

Has the umpire gone for a dump?

Don't think I've seen that in a match before.

Eughhh! Dirty bugger can't have washed his hands at that speed.

Archived