Zaliukas Wages and Contract Expiry

Poseidon

Anyone know for certain what Zaliukas weekly wage is and when his contract is due to expire? I'm guessing he's the highest paid player at the club so can't help but think we could have tried to persuade him to take a bit less during his long injury lay off to save the club some much needed cash.

Jaime Lannister

Are you offering to pay his wages? Seriously though he is one of the higher earners at the club so probably unlikely that he'd be willing to take a wage drop to stay if he's on decent money. Would love him to stay but I just cannot see it happening, especially with our current situation.

Are you offering to pay his wages? Seriously though he is one of the higher earners at the club so probably unlikely that he'd be willing to take a wage drop to stay if he's on decent money. Would love him to stay but I just cannot see it happening, especially with our current situation.

I've just made a donation to the 1874FF so who knows what it'll get used for! I read somewhere that his contract may be up at end Aug and if he's on ?10k a week or thereabouts then IMO we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we're not trying like crazy to come to some sort of agreement

winston churchill

I thought he had moved to a big club ?

Is he still here, milking a dying club for every penny he can ?

Alwaysinourshadows

Zzzzzz

Still under contract even if he has signed for someone else.

Contracts usually run to July/August, players can't be registered elsewhere until August

Jaime Lannister

I've just made a donation to the 1874FF so who knows what it'll get used for! I read somewhere that his contract may be up at end Aug and if he's on ?10k a week or thereabouts then IMO we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we're not trying like crazy to come to some sort of agreement

End of July I heard his contract ends. We'll see what happens, you never know! Keeping Zal would be fantastic and help steady the team for what could well be a turbulant season but I just can't see it happening.

IIRC contracts usually end on 30th June - definitely not August as the season has already started by then.

His contract runs to June 30th and he is without doubt the highest paid player at the club, by quite a distance actually.

Would love to see him stay but can't see it. Signing of Wilson is presumably seen as a replacement fr the departing Zal.

Napoleon  Wilson

Hi Winnie!

I have to say I haven't missed your chronic trolling much pal.

Poor effort on this one in particular.

2/10

Daydream Believer

Anyone know for certain what Zaliukas weekly wage is and when his contract is due to expire? I'm guessing he's the highest paid player at the club so can't help but think we could have tried to persuade him to take a bit less during his long injury lay off to save the club some much needed cash.

If the board go asking any players to take a voluntary pay cut based on performance then they have a bigger brass neck than I had imagined.

If he's still ours until the end of August I hope he can play the first month of the season.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Yawn.

If the board go asking any players to take a voluntary pay cut based on performance then they have a bigger brass neck than I had imagined.

Aye it's much better if we increase everyone's wages and go into liquidation.

Ideal situation: Sell Webster and use wages on offering Zal a new contract.

Likely situation: Offer Webster a good deal and let Zal go without a fight.

I dunno would be nice if zals not staying to agree to early termination and just move on, or to agree a new deal on (say ?5k a week) and have his wages dropped to ?5k a week until his new deal

Just say goodbye to Zal, he is not worth what we were paying him and we couldn't afford it then and there is no way he'll accept less money now.

Bye Zal and thanks for 19/05/12.

More like ?12k +

I'm sure I had heard that it was 10k per week. My brother met with someone from the commercial department towards the end of last year and was told that one of the things that was holding up Rudi's potential return (pre embargo) was that he wanted the same wage as Zaliukas. I seem to remember that 10k was the figure mentioned. As much as I appreciate Zaliukas' contribution, that's not a wage we can afford any longer - even half that would probably be more than we can afford unfortunately.

Lary Gocke

Believe Zal is up after June some time but I just don't get why clubs would not have all player contracts terminating at the end of a season (let's say day after Scottish Cup Final for example). Why pay for someone to have a lovely wee holiday in the summer? Seethe!

He's not match fit & he's been out of the shop window for a while. Stands to reason that he might not get the move he probably deserves at the moment so maybe he could take the cut and sign a short term deal... We get his services, he gets to play again & wait for decent offer. Win win.

Daydream Believer

Aye it's much better if we increase everyone's wages and go into liquidation.

My point was that the board themselves should be taking a cut before anyone else.

My point was that the board themselves should be taking a cut before anyone else.

Maybe they have.

The board have had an increase in wages as per the accounts. 67k to 93k if memory serves me correctly.

The board have had an increase in wages as per the accounts. 67k to 93k if memory serves me correctly.

If the Board take a cut before Zal that will be reflected in accounts to 30/6/14 and it will be around 2 years before we see them.

He's a jambo mate, that means its ok!

Captain Canada

I love Zal but no way should we be thinking of offering him a new deal. We need to be sensible and have a wage cap in place like a lot of others teams do. Nobody at Hearts should get more than about ?3K a week from now on IMO - anything more is just crazy.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

He's a jambo mate, that means its ok!

:olly:

I love Zal but no way should we be thinking of offering him a new deal. We need to be sensible and have a wage cap in place like a lot of others teams do. Nobody at Hearts should get more than about ?3K a week from now on IMO - anything more is just crazy.

But if Zal is happy to sign up to such a wage cap, then we should sign him up.

jack D and coke

I'm sure I had heard that it was 10k per week. My brother met with someone from the commercial department towards the end of last year and was told that one of the things that was holding up Rudi's potential return (pre embargo) was that he wanted the same wage as Zaliukas. I seem to remember that 10k was the figure mentioned. As much as I appreciate Zaliukas' contribution, that's not a wage we can afford any longer - even half that would probably be more than we can afford unfortunately.

Do you know what Rudi was on at Dundee Utd? Rumoured to be around a grand a week so I'm not wearing that one at all.

Ideal situation: Sell Webster and use wages on offering Zal a new contract.

Likely situation: Offer Webster a good deal and let Zal go without a fight.

How are we going to sell Webster? He isn't under contract anymore?

The longer Zal doesn't sign a pre-contract with anyone, the more I start to think there is a possibility he might stay. Would love to see us tie Zal up to a 3 year deal on sensible wages.

I've got a funny feeling Zal will sign a short term deal this summer even to January to regain match fitness. It was a dull injury he got which has no doubt set him back. If he hadnt got it he would have definitely been away in January there.

I've got a funny feeling Zal will sign a short term deal this summer even to January to regain match fitness. It was a dull injury he got which has no doubt set him back. If he hadnt got it he would have definitely been away in January there.

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing. I would like to see us get a settled back 4 for next season.

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing. I would like to see us get a settled back 4 for next season.

Zal staying for any amount of time next season would be a good thing. Could be the difference between staying up or going down.

Archived