where/how to dispose of garden gravel

HMFC4ME

I've been clearing up the garden and now have a huge builders bag full of gravel.

I'm not allowed to put the stones into the green bin so anyone know how I get rid?

I did my garden a year ago and puty them into small rubble bags and advertised them on freegle and folk doing gardening projects came and took them away. I had over 60 rubble bags full but managed to shift them all.

Der Kaiser

Wheelbarrow it into the nearest woods.

Which I have not done DESPITE the stones in the woods near me looking remarkably similar to the ones that magically disappeared from my front garden.

Put some in the garden waste bin and cover it up with grass clippings. If your binmen are like mine they won't click that the grass feels really heavy....again something I have not done.

Nor have I bagged up some in black bags and put them in my normal bin.

It's the Shawshank redemption for me next......

I did my garden a year ago and puty them into small rubble bags and advertised them on freegle and folk doing gardening projects came and took them away. I had over 60 rubble bags full but managed to shift them all.

My neighbour advertised chips/gravel on Gumtree. People came and lifted and bagged them themselves.

skinnybob72

Wait until the neighbour is on holiday (or even at work) and put it through their letterbox. Then watch and laugh as they try to open their front door.

My neighbour advertised chips/gravel on Gumtree. People came and lifted and bagged them themselves.

I'd have done the same myself but managed to get a hold of some free turf that needed laid pronto so had to bag it up myself

Recycling centre,s a no go as I can't move the bag, would need a forklift. Will give Gumtree a shot.

On a further note, how people can class gardening as a hobby is beyond me, my back is killing me!

Get a pair of socks and tie them so each is hanging down each leg.

Have a wee flap on each and fill them and go for a walk releasing gravel as you walk.

Its indecently brilliant.

Archived