Filming in edinburgh

Stevenauskas

Stevenauskas

Does anyone know what's getting filmed in edinburgh? There was filming getting done at princess street yesterday and now they're filming just behind bristo square!!

Stevenauskas

Maybe but for the amount of trucks and people kicking about it looks bigger than for just that?!?

Guest GhostHunter

Pat Fenlon - My Life in the Big Smoke starring Martin O'Neill as Fat Penlon and Brad Pitt as The Thumb.

Prince Buaben

Could be Pramface?

Edited by Kimi Raikkonen

rossthejambo

Saw that yesterday beside the gallery, looked like a film or TV program getting filmed.

They are all parked on regent road. Maybe another one of these crappy "case studies" they have on BBC. Wouldn't be so bad but half the cast have Weige accents even though they are meant to be from Edinburgh. Good old bbc.

• 6 years later...
Shanks said no

High Street - From Lawnmarket to Parliament Square - 8am on Sep 9th to 6pm on Sep 10th.

West Parliament Square, Parliament Square and St Giles Street - In their entirety - 8am on Sep 9th to 6pm on Sep 10th.

Chance the Heart of Midlothian will be featured?

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

They got 50% of their title right for an Edinburgh-based film. Quite ironic that such an anti-car council will gladly accept the $$$ and close off roads for a film that is about cars.

Well noted

3 hours ago, jake said:

Well noted

Better not make any slasher movies in Glesga then. Might feck the good work on knife violence, right up.

:Aye:

It's a film, FFS!

Edited by ri Alban

14 hours ago, jonesy said:

They got 50% of their title right for an Edinburgh-based film. Quite ironic that such an anti-car council will gladly accept the $$$ and close off roads for a film that is about cars.

Mostly pedestrians affected by this. 

On 21/05/2013 at 15:27, Stevenauskas said:

Does anyone know what's getting filmed in edinburgh? There was filming getting done at princess street yesterday and now they're filming just behind bristo square!!

Where in Edinburgh is princess street?

:berra:

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Where in Edinburgh is princess street?

:berra:

For 6 years he thought he had got away with this, well spotted Dunks.

It should be St Giles Street anyway. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Stephane Grappelli

Waterloo Place still accessible to pedestrians but it's all cordoned off with lots of jobsworths in high viz jackets asking you to go there or walk there or wait here.  

Can they do this?  As a citizen and council tax payer of Edinburgh I'm sorely tempted to politely tell them to GTF.

Do any JKBers know the legal position?

I’ve been trying to find out, but haven’t managed to find an answer - has anybody got any idea if there’ll be places you can nip down to get a peek at them filming? I’d imagine it’s pretty closed off, but I’d like to take the wee man down to have a look if there were any decent vantage points. 

10 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Waterloo Place still accessible to pedestrians but it's all cordoned off with lots of jobsworths in high viz jackets asking you to go there or walk there or wait here.  

Can they do this?  As a citizen and council tax payer of Edinburgh I'm sorely tempted to politely tell them to GTF.

Do any JKBers know the legal position?

Check the closure notices on the council website and see what it says about access.

7 hours ago, Crete said:

It’s the movie fast and furious that’s getting filmed in Edinburgh.

Not in 2013 it wasn't. 

Closed Regent Road,Montrose Terrace and Waterloo Place and diverted buses and other traffic into areas such as London Road and Leith Street which are already congested because of road works caused by new tram lines.

I honestly think Edinburgh council have as part of their policy the need to piss off locals as much as possible 😠

On 04/09/2019 at 09:46, andyscott82 said:

I’ve been trying to find out, but haven’t managed to find an answer - has anybody got any idea if there’ll be places you can nip down to get a peek at them filming? I’d imagine it’s pretty closed off, but I’d like to take the wee man down to have a look if there were any decent vantage points. 

Calton Road. They were filming a scene yesterday afternoon where someone falls from Waterloo Place onto Carlton Road. Mattresses and cardboard boxes all set up to break the stunt persons fall. Plenty of onlookers with camera phones at the ready

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Calton Road. They were filming a scene yesterday afternoon where someone falls from Waterloo Place onto Carlton Road. Mattresses and cardboard boxes all set up to break the stunt persons fall. Plenty of onlookers with camera phones at the ready

I can see them now. Smart phones at the ready. 

th.jpeg

12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Cheers. Hopefully be able to find somewhere to get a decent view. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Palace car park in Holyrood Park is closed off and all the filming crew trucks are parked there. Drove passed there yesterday.

Better call Saul

I only recently watched 'avengers infinity War' I  was interested in the filming they did in Edinburgh waverly... was there much hype then disruption etc? 

• 3 weeks later...