What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

Just now, Tazio said:

Good song but not a patch on Wichita Linesman. 

Aye, he's had some fantastic tunes😎

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, he's had some fantastic tunes😎

To give credit where it’s due it was the brilliant Jimmy Webb that wrote it. Campbell was a hell of a guitarist as well, you might recognise the other brilliant guitarist in this clip as well 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To give credit where it’s due it was the brilliant Jimmy Webb that wrote it. Campbell was a hell of a guitarist as well, you might recognise the other brilliant guitarist in this clip as well 

Google tells me it was Jerry Reed! Great song. 

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Google tells me it was Jerry Reed! Great song. 

Ha. I was thinking more of the fact he’s known for Smokey And The Bandit and most people don’t know he was a Nashville hotshot musician. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Ha. I was thinking more of the fact he’s known for Smokey And The Bandit and most people don’t know he was a Nashville hotshot musician. 

I've got to admit Tazio that I never knew his name until I googled him, but when I heard his voice it clicked.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

For me, one of the greatest voices, one of the greatest song writers the world has ever produced, truly original and truly brilliant, along with The Doors, The Jam and The Small Faces the artist I wish I hd seen live, I grew up listening to him.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

For me, one of the greatest voices, one of the greatest song writers the world has ever produced, truly original and truly brilliant, along with The Doors, The Jam and The Small Faces the artist I wish I hd seen live, I grew up listening to him.

Apparently he was chuffed to do this gig as he felt he was being taken seriously and not just as a pop singer as the other guests included Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, and Van Morrison. 

30 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Sheer class, thier first LP was an absolute classic, not a duff track on it, how could all go so wrong after that?😪😪

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sheer class, thier first LP was an absolute classic, not a duff track on it, how could all go so wrong after that?😪😪

Kevin bought a banjo. 

6 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Kevin bought a banjo. 

Aye, we parted company when Eileen arrived with the fiddle.