What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

Very true on the recycled bit. But I see folk knicking a small maiden riff and it being their whole song. Deep Purple or Maiden songs tend to have the same amount of tunes on one song as the entirety any of the new rock albums I've heard recently.

The greats of the 80s and 90s had huge and obvious blues and jazz influences. My favourite drummer Jimmy Chamberlain is a jazz drummer originally.

The main influence I'm feeling if I ever hear the radio is advertising jingles. 

Jesus I sound like a boring middle aged guy reflecting on the good old days. But show me the modern Maiden, Zeppelin, Purple etc...

The closest I see to complex but accessible songwriting is Biffy Clyro. Who were great when I saw them in the early days.

-Not at all, I do worry where the next generation of Rock Royalty is coming from.
I had forgotten about the Pumpkins, thanks.
Right off to work..

frankblack
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

The Who Sell Out, stereo mix.

Paste the video.

Go to youtube - if its on a browser, copy the url and paste it here and it should become a video.  If using the app, press the share icon (right pointing arrow), select "copy to clipboard" and paste it here and it becomes a video.

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Paste the video.

Go to youtube - if its on a browser, copy the url and paste it here and it should become a video.  If using the app, press the share icon (right pointing arrow), select "copy to clipboard" and paste it here and it becomes a video.

I know how to paste a video !  The Who Sell Out is an entire album from 1967, there are two different mixes from that time, one in stereo and one mono. The mono has a much more punchy and aggressive feel to it, the stereo is much more widescreen and slightly psychedelic in feel. I doubt if both complete mixes are on You Tube but if it makes you happy I'll have a look.

Well, you're in luck, here are both mixes as a playlist. Turn it up !

frankblack
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

I know how to paste a video !  The Who Sell Out is an entire album from 1967, there are two different mixes from that time, one in stereo and one mono. The mono has a much more punchy and aggressive feel to it, the stereo is much more widescreen and slightly psychedelic in feel. I doubt if both complete mixes are on You Tube but if it makes you happy I'll have a look.

You would be surprised at the amount of people that can't manage to paste a video!

As for The Who, I still have a signed copy of their new CD to rip in my backlog of CDs.  One good thing coming out of the lockdown is that I'm not far catching up!

I got a signed copy of Roger Daltrey's last album, and he didn't sign the The Who CDs.

I didn't bother getting a ticket for The Hydro gig - tickets were way overpriced.  Saw them at Hyde Park several years ago with a great supporting line up including Weller, Johnny Marr, Gaz Coombes.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You would be surprised at the amount of people that can't manage to paste a video!

As for The Who, I still have a signed copy of their new CD to rip in my backlog of CDs.  One good thing coming out of the lockdown is that I'm not far catching up!

I got a signed copy of Roger Daltrey's last album, and he didn't sign the The Who CDs.

I didn't bother getting a ticket for The Hydro gig - tickets were way overpriced.  Saw them at Hyde Park several years ago with a great supporting line up including Weller, Johnny Marr, Gaz Coombes.

Good stuff. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen The Who, it dates back to October 1975 at the Apollo in Glasgow. Being a bit of a collector I've got quite a number of signed items including two different versions of the latest album signed by Townshend. I was very pleasantly surprised by the new album, it's way better than Endless Wire for me, a really good late career effort. Roger's last solo album is one of his best too, I've got that on red, blue and black vinyl. (Yeah, I know, my wife thinks I'm nuts too. But I've always been a record collector, since my early teens.) I do have a couple of tickets for the Hydro gig but I'm begining to doubt that even the re-scheduled date will happen in March next year. Just can't see 12,000 at a show in the Hydro by then.

Dagger Is Back
24 minutes ago, AWM said:

Got tickets for November in Glasgow. Clinging on to a faint hope that it will be on

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Got tickets for November in Glasgow. Clinging on to a faint hope that it will be on

Same here.  I'm not optimistic I'll be seeing any gigs this year.

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, AWM said:

Same here.  I'm not optimistic I'll be seeing any gigs this year.

Another good choice. I know I had a few lined up too. BSC at the Usher Hall I’m sure you’ll have had a few too. Hopefully rescheduled and not cancelled 

Jingle Bells
22 hours ago, AWM said:
Cheers AWM, one of my favs.
Luv Dave Murray's guitar  playing,btw.

Madjambo21

Reminds me of 2000's pop punk.

Thought he only done rap music but this is a catchy tune.

Even got Travis from Blink 182 on drums.

Also any video with Megan Fox is a must watch