Hibs Moroccans

boabyarsebiscuit

boabyarsebiscuit

Namibia - Morocco just started (1-0 Morocco already).

How come Hibs Moroccans got work permits no problem, yet can't even make the 22 for their national team?

was speaking about this at the game Boaby.Can someone ask the home office the reasoning behind the panels decision?

Colonel Kurtz

they had to wait for a friendly appeals panel,who took into account caps gained in the Olympics.

The whole think stinks,there was also an incident when one of them couldnt travel abroad ,I believe he wouldnt have got back in the country.

Namibia are abysmal.

This could get silly!!

Is Quentin Jacobs playing for them? Former Partick Thistle "star" says it all about Namibias chance really.

How come Hibs Moroccans got work permits no problem, yet can't even make the 22 for their national team?

Cos they're pish?

Entirely due to the fact that it wasn't Hearts trying to sign them.

:mad:

Is Quentin Jacobs playing for them? Former Partick Thistle "star" says it all about Namibias chance really.

He is actually!

2-1 now, Morocco stopped playing after going 2 up.

And the Moroccan gets his hat trick.

Lovely playing surface though.

How long before people a screaming to sign this guy coz he's scored 3 past Namibia???

Namibia keeper has made 3 decent stops as well.

My Italian flatmate was saying last night that he doesn't enjoy watching African football because there are no tactics. Watching this game I begin to see what he means.

Glad to say my money is on Morocco.

Game is also on BBCi through the red button (then blue button) if you only have freeview.

I predict 7-2 full time.

Drylaw Hearts

When do Hibs have to apply for a Work Permit for the 2 Morrocans again ?

I recall Dundee Utd having to lose Jason Scotland as he no longer qualified for a Work Permit.

Does anyone know if they've played many games for Morroco since arriving at Hibs ?

Infact have they actually played many games for Hibs since they arrived ?

What about the free form jazz band at the games have not heard a proper tune from them yet.

I think they just played "Michael Row The Boat Ashore" Nice to see the BB's have bands in Ghana as well.

I recall Dundee Utd having to lose Jason Scotland as he no longer qualified for a Work Permit.

Does anyone know if they've played many games for Morroco since arriving at Hibs ?

I hope they get to stay.

They're keeping a couple of (potentially good) players out of a rival team.

How long before people a screaming to sign this guy coz he's scored 3 past Namibia???

Wouldn't be surprised if Romanov had a couple of people out there as part of his famous 'world wide scouting network'. He'll probably sign up a couple of players who have barely made an impact. If they go to Lithuania or Belarus then fine. Trouble is the African Nations is a honey pot for big clubs from all over Europe so opportunities and value for money for a club like Hearts will be very limited.

Hard to say how good Morocco are on this showing. 4-1 up and cruising in an almost empty ground. Must feel like they are in a friendly. 5-1 now. Namibia really are poor. Shame Libya or DR Congo didn't qualify.

As far as i'm aware you have to reapply for a work permit each time you extend the player's contract.

whether or not the permit is granted is based on international appearences but if the player has done well in the league a permit can be given by the panel.

Now I'm no Daily Mail reader but Benjigoon and Zemammary are two immigrants I'd love to see deported.

I wouldnae like to site next to them on a plane that's for sure :eek:

I think that renewals of work permits are based on number of appearances for the club rather than internationals. The official justification for Jason Scotland not getting his Dundee Utd one renewed but getting one for St Johnstone was that he'd not been a regular for Utd but was expected to be one for Saints.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/workpermits/workpermitarrangements/sportsandentertainers/footballplayers/

Initial applications

To be eligible for a work permit:

a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application;

and the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Extension Applications

Where the permit approval is about to expire and the player meets the criteria outlined above for initial applications.

If a club wishes to retain the services of a player, they should submit a new application before the work permit expires. If the work permit criteria are satisfied, a permit will be issued for the period of a player's contract, up to a maximum of five years.

Where the permit approval is about to expire and the player does not meet the criteria for initial applications

Where an application does not meet the criteria, then a club may request that it be considered by a panel.

Patrick Bateman

It really is a bit of a farce that Hashman Benjigoon and his dwarven cousin are allowed to play in the SPL. There is no way they match criteria for work permits.

In saying that, I think they're a total waste of a wage, so the longer they stay at Hibs, the better!

Eh? ... coz they are really Brazilians of course ... ALL the Hibs team are ... aren't they?

:whistling::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

When hibs started the 'your no Scottish anymore chant' after we replaced Chesney with Miko I tried to start up 'your no Christian anymore' however I think it may fall ill of certain PC rules these days - so withdrew after one verse to avoid being arrested for breathing again!

Libertonian_II
Who did the feckers have on the panel FFS ?

The Proclaimers and Yogi Hughes ?

Try Tony Higgins, Pat Stanton, Murdo Macleod.......................etc, allegedly.

Now try and guess the connection..................

Try Tony Higgins, Pat Stanton, Murdo Macleod.......................etc, allegedly.

Now try and guess the connection..................

Says it all about that shower. :mad:

Fine Scottish Wine

Wikipedia (i know not always reliable) says

Abdessalam Benjelloun - Morocco U23 - 6 caps (3 sub)

Merouane Rajamakki Zemmama - 0 caps (0 sub)

But like i say, not a totaly reliable site.

Archived