VELICKA

it_hearts

The way he's banging in the goals just now, do you think we can keep a hold of him? Or will VR cash in on him as well.

Drylaw Hearts
The way he's banging in the goals just now, do you think we can keep a hold of him? Or will VR cash in on him as well.

The latter.

TBH, who would want him?

He can't last 60 minutes and in all truth he blows out of his arse after about 20 minutes. He can stick the ball in the pokey though.

If he does go Vlad should go for Boyd, who isn't getting a sniff at the moment.

The former.

I doubt Vlad will sell him at the moment.

i dont either if we could get another 18 months out of him banging in the goals. he could be worth a lot more. would like to see hearts give him a contract

Problem is, despite what we've seen in the flesh to question it, I think Benny had a better goals tally than Andrius when he came away from Kaunas so, on paper, we would appear to have a ready made replacement for him :(

If anyone meets the ?2m tag that has been 'slapped' on him then I think the business man in Vlad would come to the fore and he'd be off :ninja:

i dont either if we could get another 18 months out of him banging in the goals. he could be worth a lot more. would like to see hearts give him a contract

Remember what happened to Bednar when he got his contract though?

Would hate for that to happen to Velicka.

TBH, who would want him?

He can't last 60 minutes and in all truth he blows out of his arse after about 20 minutes. He can stick the ball in the pokey though.

Point taken, but playing up front yourself requires more effort, for that reason i think thats how he cant last 90 mins. And boyd is a good goal scorer also, but he does'nt work hard enough , and think he would also struggle up front on own.

FTH

The guy is quality.I really don't know what more he has to do to win over some fans.As for the fitness issue the whole team have the same problem but Velicka is the one who takes the most stick as far as i see he puts in a great shift all the time.I would love to see him with a real manager in charge and a real pre season behind himinstead of the crap pre season training we have had the last two years.

would not want to sell our only goalscorer, he will only get better and i think he has adjusted to a higher standard of football

apparently boyd is valued at 3m , cant say much more than that.

We should just keep telling folk he is rubbish and lazy and unfit.

That way, we get to keep a Lithuanian huddy who scores on average one goal a game in a crap team that plays with just one up front.

Buffalo Bill

TBH, who would want him?

Well ...Bolton apparently. "Big money" too.

Remember what happened to Bednar when he got his contract though?

Would hate for that to happen to Velicka.

Bednar had done feck all to deserve such a long contract in my opinion where as Velicka has banged in about 25 goals in two seasons.

The guy is quality.I really don't know what more he has to do to win over some fans.As for the fitness issue the whole team have the same problem but Velicka is the one who takes the most stick as far as i see he puts in a great shift all the time.I would love to see him with a real manager in charge and a real pre season behind himinstead of the crap pre season training we have had the last two years.

Exactly.Some folk are either blinkered by his nationality or really don't understand the game.

Best striker we've had for some time(and I include fatty Bednar).

Not sure I'd want Boyd, almost sure he wouldnt come here either.

Hope we can hold on to Vali until the end of the season.

TBH, who would want him?

Velicka not lasting 90 mins is a total myth,seemed to last 90 the last few weeks no problem,one of those games we were playing wi ten men for 60 minutes also.

Velicka not lasting 90 mins is a total myth,seemed to last 90 the last few weeks no problem,one of those games we were playing wi ten men for 60 minutes also.

agreed ...evidence that once you've been labelled then it's sticks (like Lithuanians are all divers)....pity some on JKB continue to swallow that line (that Velicka's particularly unfit) :mad:

Oh bollocks, missed the sarcasm smily again..........:ninja:

Velicka done the work of 3 or 4 players on Saturday, played very well indeed.

I agree he always appears to be knackered after about 30 mins but mibbe thats jist part of his makeup.

But didn't we make a news story before Xmas about trying desperately to hold onto him?

I think that was spin for finally getting him from Kaunas onto Hearts books, and was the backup success story when we sign no-one else of note during the transfer window.

I was talking to the Sheffield UTD scout on Saturday before the match. He was up watching Velicka and would be preparing a ?1 million pound bid if they liked what they saw. He was also Interested in big Jones but as they signed Ugo Ehiogu (sp?) they would not be going after a centre half. He thought Berra is class and one for the future. He would not listen when i tried to tell him Robbie was brilliant!! and the next Cafu!!

The Old Tolbooth

He's probably the best natural finisher we've had since Robbo to be fair to him, Adam may come into that equation but I like Velicka and think he's getting better and fitter every week.

It was refreshing to see him chasing lost causes and still full of running with 5 or 10 minutes to go and he really appreciated the crowd singing his name which clearly lifted him, superb to see.

Did he not make a terrific run into the Hibs box the 90th minute on Saturday, almost leading to an O.G? Not bad for someone who isn't fit!!

in a brief period, better than even robbo....true test is keeping it up at that level.

No danger is he anywhere near the quality of Robbo.

The debate on Velicka is the same as the one for Boyd at Rangers. Neither offers much outside of shooting at goal. And that is why Boyd is left out at Rangers.

I would be delighted if we could swap Boyd for Velicka though one way or another - he's a better finisher.

If anyone meets the ?2m tag that has been 'slapped' on him then I think the business man in Vlad would come to the fore and he'd be off :ninja:

I agree it does make good business sense

Archived