Would you rather we finished 8th or 10th?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Would you rather we finished 10th and Hibs were a place below us? Or 8th and they were a place above? Just curious.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Whit?

Would I prefer Hibs to be 7th or 11th?

8th and Hibs finished above us, no question. Hearts always come first for me. And surely we'll get more money for finishing in a higher position?

HillmanHearts

Depends on other factors.

If We beat Hibs. And they loose the final ( heavily idealy ).

Then I can handle being 8th ( more money than 10th ) and them being above.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We need to finish as high up the league as possible, seventh ideally... We need the cash. All other permutations are moot as far as I'm concerned.

tartofmidlothian

Why are people answering this seriously?

Would people prefer us to beat Hibs or do as well as we can despite them, it's a reasonable question I would have thought.

Bowmans_Boot

Would people prefer us to beat Hibs or do as well as we can despite them, it's a reasonable question I would have thought.

I agree. I would imagine there are a fair few fans who would prefer the hibs to finish lower option.

Buster HMFC

Being honest there`s not really any big bragging rights when both teams finish in the bottom six so i`d take highest finish in the league for the extra cash.

Auldreekie1874

Is it not 40k a place?

Around 80k a place.

The ?300,000 being mentioned is what Garly Locke mentioned in an interview when talking about the difference between finishing 11th and 7th

Feck h1b5 - I just want us to finish as high up as possible. Higher we finish the more money we get.

Whatever gets us the most money.

I'm not a big fan of what if questions. Hibs are meant to.be so much better than us according to ,the media wags so how come we're on the same points?

I'd rather we won every match we play in, I hate stupid questions like this, we are Heart of Midlothian supporters not h1b5 ******s! !!!

Would you rather we finished 10th and Hibs were a place below us? Or 8th and they were a place above? Just curious.

han+solo.gif

(p.s. This may be the greatest gif ever)

tartofmidlothian

I agree. I would imagine there are a fair few fans who would prefer the hibs to finish lower option.

Bowmans gets it. :thumbsup:

Of course the correct answer is, I want us to finish 7th, but if that doesn't happen... Judging by the noise-up non-answers I suspect most other posters don't know either. :lol:

I get where the OP is coming from, but this is really a no-brainer.

Highest league position possible, every single day.

Hibs (when we're not playing them) are a complete irrelevance.

Easy for me. I will always rather Hearts do as well as possible than Hibs doing crap. I do not have a Hibs mentality.

We should be aiming for seventh anyway, then they will finish below us.

Unknown user

Part of me wants us to pick up no further points. Why?

The best case scenario going forward for Hearts involves us shedding our massive debt.

The only way I can realistically see this happening is via some sort of insolvency event for UBIG.

However, this would likely lead to us losing a 3rd of our previous season's points total.

As it looks like we'll make it to the end of this season, any points deduction would be for next season, using this season's points total to work it out. Therefore, every 3 points we pick up could mean another point taken off us next season.

Despite this I still want to really really beat the wee team of course.

Have we ever worried where Hibs finish?...maybe this season we are because we have been poor and our only sad chink of light is possibly finishing above them.....but given our record and standards Hibs are never in our thoughts at the start of a season ....we normally finish well above them....they have never been a barometer for us. I always want us to finish as high as we can and 7th is the aim, if it ends up 8th and they are 7th,so be it, but it just means we haven't been good enough.....I do want to finish above them as itd be amusing after their shouting earier in the season but not 10th.

Easy for me. I will always rather Hearts do as well as possible than Hibs doing crap. I do not have a Hibs mentality.

We should be aiming for seventh anyway, then they will finish below us.

Its hibs mentality that they wish their arch rivals to do worse than themselves. To get as much cash as possible we definitely need to finish 7th this season. I dont care about the wee team - they can take care of their own downfall and miserable cupless exisitence.

mahgrassyshoes

Part of me wants us to pick up no further points. Why?

The best case scenario going forward for Hearts involves us shedding our massive debt.

The only way I can realistically see this happening is via some sort of insolvency event for UBIG.

However, this would likely lead to us losing a 3rd of our previous season's points total.

As it looks like we'll make it to the end of this season, any points deduction would be for next season, using this season's points total to work it out. Therefore, every 3 points we pick up could mean another point taken off us next season.

Despite this I still want to really really beat the wee team of course.

If we're working on this theory of potentially going into admin to shave the debt, I'll take Win against Hibs, a draw against St Mirren and Aberdeen and a defeat off Dundee. The minimum points deduction is 15pts so we might as well pick up our five remaining points! Defeat to Dundee would only be acceptable if they were going to catch St Mirren. If the saints were to get relegated we could probably do admin and stay in the league against that Dundee team next year!

It's all conjecture anyway; I want Hearts to win all those games, that's what matters to me.

TeribleTrio

If we're working on this theory of potentially going into admin to shave the debt, I'll take Win against Hibs, a draw against St Mirren and Aberdeen and a defeat off Dundee. The minimum points deduction is 15pts so we might as well pick up our five remaining points! Defeat to Dundee would only be acceptable if they were going to catch St Mirren. If the saints were to get relegated we could probably do admin and stay in the league against that Dundee team next year!

It's all conjecture anyway; I want Hearts to win all those games, that's what matters to me.

Good shout!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What admin discussion? :blink:

Giving serious consideration to the merits of amassing less points in case we get docked next season. I am assuming its all tounge in cheek though. :lol:

tartofmidlothian

Giving serious consideration to the merits of amassing less points in case we get docked next season. I am assuming its all tounge in cheek though. :lol:

Ahhh got you.

Archived