Your First Pint

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

I was trying to work out the other day what pub I had my first illegal/legal pint in. My first pint was in the Tynie Arms when I was 15 in 1984. My first legal pint was in the nightclub Bobbins in Galashiels.

Anyone else remember theirs?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st legal pint was in the Gordon's pub gilmerton on my 18th Birthday with my old man!

Can't remember my 1st ever pint though.

Craig Herbertson

Sheep's Heid. 15 years old. Still remember the barman shaking his head in pity at my attempt to look old.

Must have been about 14 or 15 in the BMC for my first illegal one thanks to a few posters on here. Saturday discos were always fun.

First legal one I am less sure about. I had my 18th in The Shandon but that was about a week after my actual birthday.

First pint in a pub was in the Tron Ceilidh House when I was 15 in 1996.

Nicked one of the glasses from the session too :facepalm:

Think it's still in my mum's cupboard :vrface:

A pint of Dryburgh's (sp) heavy which was the old man's tipple in the Livi Inn aged 14.

Can still taste it.....

Say What Again

First pint was in the Jenny Ha's at the foot of the Canongate, in 1992. A pint of Tartan Special :unsure:

I'd jut turned 17 the day before so wasn't too young :)

Though I don't remember it, my first legal pint would have been just up the road from the Jenny's, with my old man, in the Tolbooth.

Market Bar, Inverness, 2005.

I was out in Inverness one month to the day before my 18th birthday. Only one bouncer twigged that I wasn't 18.

Stewarts Bar Drummond Street bottle of becks (at 13 years young)en route to Tynie where a further bottle was necked in the BMC.

Cairneyhill Jambo

A pint of Dryburgh's (sp) heavy which was the old man's tipple in the Livi Inn aged 14.

Can still taste it.....

Was it the big dimpled tankard? :cheesy: :cheesy:

First pint would've been in the middle shop in Loanhead when I was 15. First legal one was in Brandy's that used to be just down the road from it.

Private Womble

First pint was in the chesser inn when i was 15 on a certain day in may 98. First legal pint was in corstorphine inn.

First pint would have been a pint of Bitburger Pils on a school trip to germany in 96, first legal one would have been the Corrie in Gorebridge after a meal with my folks!

First illegal pint. Think it was either St Andrews ale house(now the kilted pig) or the Centre Court at meggetland.

My first pint would have been at the rugby in gala when I was about 13-14. I know I never looked old enough and I only tried for a dare.

First legal pint was in naafi bar at RAF cosford, 7 months after I got posted there amd started drinking in it

Cairneyhill Jambo

I can't even remember what the first pint was in the Tynie Arms. I didn't start drinking lager until I was in my thirties so must have been a pint of Export/Tartan Special/70 or 80 shilling.

1st legal pint was in the Gordon's pub gilmerton on my 18th Birthday with my old man!

Can't remember my 1st ever pint though.

Miss the Gordons, like.

Mines was a pint of Guiness in Minders, Causewayside when i was 15.

Shanks said no

First illegal where I was served, not sure, was confident enough to drink in Lothian road by 15 so I guess about 14 and it was probably the Rainbow, lunchtime from school in full view of teachers who shouldn't have been there anyway. Was warned off though when I got back to class.

First legal Mathers West End - when Mac Bell had it - wanted it in a "mans pub", had been knocked back there before so had a point to prove

Franklin Delano Bluth

I'm a good laddie. Never entered a premise under the age of 18 (bit gay mate). 18 in some place in town. Maybe hive.

18 year old me is a shitebag .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jambos_1874

I was trying to work out the other day what pub I had my first illegal/legal pint in. My first pint was in the Tynie Arms when I was 15 in 1984. My first legal pint was in the nightclub Bobbins in Galashiels.

Anyone else remember theirs?

My first illegal pint was in Gala Rugby Club. I remember absolutely sh*ting myself going up to buy it! There's just not the same novelty going to buy a pint when you can do it legally!

Where was Bobbins Nightclub by the way? never even heard of it.

First illegal pint was in the taxi club, think I was 15. First legal pint was in the Caley Sample rooms. I had a few jars to watch Hearts steal a win in Bordeaux.

Thought it might have been the goodies bill?

:lol:

Too feart to go there at that age. :sob: Heard too many grim tales. Went when I was older and it wasn't bad at all.

If you can remember your first pint then it must have been a sheite night. I have no idea, legal or illegal. Must have been about 15-16

About 16 in the Artisan pint ay miller before a derby. Think we drew fat Mixu missed a last min pen.

My first illegal pint was a Black and Tan in the Shakespeare on Lothian Road. There were three of us pals and as usual there is always one wise guy who knows exactly how it should be done.We walked up to the bar, each of us ordered a black and tan, when we had finished the order the barman said most beer drinkers one man orders all three drinks then each pay for a round. We drank up got out of there, then away to the Palais like we knew what we were doing acting like we had drained a few beers. Fifteen years old, seems a long time ago, but its really only sixty three years.

Private Womble

Never been in the goodies after some of the stories my dad told me, and then thought it would be ok in the busybee. Wtf!! I was wrong.

16 can't mind the name of the pub before the Red Star Belgrade game at Tynie (it was the one almost opposite the Clock Inn if I'm remembering the name right)

Never been in the goodies after some of the stories my dad told me, and then thought it would be ok in the busybee. Wtf!! I was wrong.

Aye, I heard stories about the local radges and the squaddies from Redford barracks having royal rumbles after bumping into each other at the Goodies.

Never heard of the busy bee mate. Where's that?

J.T.F.Robertson

Possibly in a place called the Casrock. It's a restaurant now, but was down from where Footlights is, heading toward Johnstone Terrace.

I'd imagine it was a pint of heavy.

It's been a slippery slope. :(

Private Womble

Its in saughton. Absolute hell hole. Back in the day it used to be mental. Most toilets have please wash your hands signs, this one had please refrain from dealing drugs.

First legal pint was in The Cottar's Howff on Rose Street.

First ever - not sure. Probably the late, lamented McTavish's in Ft William.

All roads lead to Gorgie

First pre legal pint was at the speedway at Powderhall. Over 18 Tynie Arms pre match early 80s.

First illegal in the crown and cushion and ashamed to say it was a lager and lime as did not like the taste of lager

How I got served ordering that of all things is a mystery

Must have been 16

First legal in the golden gates

scott herbertson

First was about 14/15 in aberfoyle I think - I was walking/ hosteling with a mate who was 6ft 3 and a rugby player and he went up to the bar while i hid behind a pillar

1 was enough for me to get totally legless

ArcticJambo

Legally; Cider at Greyfriars Bobby's Bar. Was no point in trying pre-18th birthday ... was still getting in the boys gate in my late 20s. :crowngrin:

First illegal pint was a pint of 80/ aged 14 in the Swiss Cottage in Corstorphine (where American Golf is). First legal pint was in Dan McKays (now Au Bar) in the west end.

First pint would have been the Northern at Canonmills. The nearest pub to the house was my old mans local and he warned me he would kill me if I tried to go in before I was 18. I had to get the round in as though my mates were bigger than me I looked older and had the ability to grow stubble.

First legal pint would have been the Chain Pier, the manager was well pissed off I was celebrating my 18th as I'd been a weekend regular for two years.

The next day my old man took me into his local Spiers and I was too hungover to have a pint. He was disgusted to say the least.

First illegal pint aged 15 in a pub called the local in Dedridge, Livi.

First legal pint was in same boozer. Reckon I would still be drinking there now if it never closed down. Great pub best in Livi. Aaah memories :sob:

Market Bar, Inverness, 2005.

I was out in Inverness one month to the day before my 18th birthday. Only one bouncer twigged that I wasn't 18.

market bar ....... good lord , all the jakey's of inverness go there. sure it opens really early. anyway mine was in johnny foxes inverness age 16/17.

Jimmy McNulty

First illegal: 15 or 16, Christmas Eve disco, Penicuik Rugby club (cider)

Legal: Probably the Crown or Complex in Penicuik. Never got asked for ID after I turned 18...

Governor Tarkin

Goodies.

Under age, sometime around 1990.

Legal, Colinton Inn, sevral years later.

Snake Plissken

Illegal pint - aged 15 in Elgin

legal pint - Student Union, Stirling University

Prince Buaben

Illegal- 13 when I was in Germany with the pipe band

Legal- the Goth in Gorebridge the morning of my 18th

Archived