Double explosion at Boston marathon

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Going to put this photo in spoiler. It isn't very nice.

Aftermath

BH6kFLDCQAAcSDO.jpg

CBS saying that it came from a hotel. But they don't really know an awful lot right now, understandably.

Maroon Sailor

London Marathon on Sunday - can see security being ramped up for that " fun " event now

Horrendous scenes in Boston

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Confirmed: third device found.

I don't like jumping to conclusions on things like this, but this definitely looks like a co-ordinated terrorist attack.

Shanks said no

Thatchers funeral before London marathon, how are they going to police that, all it needs is a muppet with a ruck sack

Confirmed: third device found.

I don't like jumping to conclusions on things like this, but this definitely looks like a co-ordinated terrorist attack.

Confirmed where?

rossthejambo

Harrowing pictures, poor buggers. Can't imagine just going along for a marathon and that happening.

Maroon Sailor

On the anniversary of Hillsborough as well

Same local time as the disaster

All bomb squad teams& dogs being sent in. now new york gone on full alert just incase.

Every injured person they've shown on telly so far has appeared to be conscious...which is something, I suppose.

Talk of amputations now. Jesus.

They reckon 1 went off in a hotel, with another in a waste bin on the street.

scottish_chicP

You could actually hear someone say "oh my god they're dead" a couple of minutes ago :(

Jesus!! Quote from a witness saying he ran past as the 2nd explosion went off&a leg flew past him.

That looks bad, quite a few spectators very close to the blast. The blast itself didn't look huge though.

Think that's the first one, from the footage from down wind you see the nearby smoke then another cloud of smoke growing in the distance from a second blast

Ryan Jarman

Brutal. More than one nugget behind this one, planned and prepared for a while.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Is the runner that goes down hit with something or does he collapse with shock/dive for cover. I can't make it out

Looks to have been hit as he goes down quickly.

Is the runner that goes down hit with something or does he collapse with shock/dive for cover. I can't make it out

Shrapnel I'd imagine. I mind in the Old Compton Street nail bombings some poor lad got a nail lodged in his penis.

Ffs.

Just realised this had happened.

Vile.

Who's getting the blame?

no-one yet. but they've cleared the airspace round boston & reckon ball bearings where in the bombs.

Archived