?2 coins

BoJack Horseman

Generic Username

Just get a bus pass Rog. It's great. I don't even use my legs any more. I just drag myself along to the nearest bus stop, flop on whatever bus comes next and off I go on a magical mystery tour.

People keep complaining on this thread about getting change for buses.....what are these "bus" things?

:smug:

Transport for scaffs

:troll

BoJack Horseman

Just get a bus pass Rog. It's great. I don't even use my legs any more. I just drag myself along to the nearest bus stop, flop on whatever bus comes next and off I go on a magical mystery tour.

I've thought about it but I'm going to start walking again soon now the weather is picking up, so it's not worth it. I only get the thing out of laziness. Doesn't change the fact that ?2 coins are shite either.

They're right though. And it allows them to say things are "Under ?20" and price it at ?19.99. Price it whatever they want I say, but when I get to the till, just round it up.

nice one roger. seeing as your into subsidising the world, i've got ?700 in an account if you wouldn't mind rounding it up to ?1200 i've got a mate in Oz i wouldn't mind visiting.

Alan Johnson

Can't even use a ?2 coin on most pool tables. That's pretty much what I find the main use of ?1 coins are.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Tommy Wiseau

Just as easy to save ?1 coins!

?2 coins are just impractical as I said above nothing worse than needing bus fares, going to a shop with a ?10 note and spending ?5.50 so you get ?4.50 change, expecting it to be 1x50p and 4x?1 coins only to get 1x50p and 2x?2 coins meaning you spent more than you really wanted in the shop to get change for the bus and you still don't have change for the bus!

Why are you spending ?5.50 to get bus change when you know fine well it won't guarantee you the right coinage?

Why are you spending ?5.50 to get bus change when you know fine well it won't guarantee you the right coinage?

Because it should bloody well give me the right coinage, ?2 coins should not exist!

Tommy Wiseau

Because it should bloody well give me the right coinage, ?2 coins should not exist!

You're angry at your poor planning, shoddy mathematics skills and, to a lesser extent, the fact that LRT don't give change.

None of which is the ?2 coin's fault. It's fairly normal for people to lash out arbitrarily to cover their own inadequacies, why don't you take a seat and tell us all about it :)

I quite like ?2 coins - the two tone design appeals. Turning to the bus fare issue, I found (rarely jump on bus nowadays) that buying a stock of day saver tickets was the answer - it avoids buying stuff from the shops that you really don't want, only to get a ?2 coin in the change that you can't use for fares....

A couple I know have a savings jar and a deal that when you get in at night any ?2 coins in your pocket, purse or whatever go in the jar.

They saved a hell of a lot of money up in not very much time. I keep meaning to do it.

I did that last year and ended up with arounf ?550 to take on my holidays. Wish i'd done it again this time.

Generic Username

I've thought about it but I'm going to start walking again soon now the weather is picking up, so it's not worth it. I only get the thing out of laziness. Doesn't change the fact that ?2 coins are shite either.

Get roller skates instead.

rossthejambo

You're angry at your poor planning, shoddy mathematics skills and, to a lesser extent, the fact that LRT don't give change.

None of which is the ?2 coin's fault. It's fairly normal for people to lash out arbitrarily to cover their own inadequacies, why don't you take a seat and tell us all about it :)

Very poor planning, everybody knows you spend enough money so that if you get change you are guaranteed a pound coin back (even number between 5 and 10 and odd number between 0 and 5). Straightforward really.

Tommy Wiseau

Very poor planning, everybody knows you spend enough money so that if you get change you are guaranteed a pound coin back (even number between 5 and 10 and odd number between 0 and 5). Straightforward really.

If you're in a position where you can spend over a fiver on shite you don't want to get change for the bus, you should have the money to nonchalantly throw the driver a ?2 coin and tell him to keep the change. That's as gangsta as it gets on an LRT bus B)

BoJack Horseman

If you're in a position where you can spend over a fiver on shite you don't want to get change for the bus, you should have the money to nonchalantly throw the driver a ?2 coin and tell him to keep the change. That's as gangsta as it gets on an LRT bus B)

It's the principle Tommy. I'm not chucking LRT an extra 50p just because some idiot decided to come up with a completely unnecessary denomination of coin.

Archived