**The Masters - Official Thread**

rossthejambo

rossthejambo

It's almost that time of year again, one of the great events on the sporting calendar.

Can't wait for more of Monty's words of wisdom on Sky and hopefully see the return of Tiger to Major winning form.

My money's on Adam Scott (E/W) but think Woods or Mickelson will be the ones to beat.

Sergio Garcia

Woods is looming large over Augusta this week with 3 wins already on tour including one WGC but at the odds he isn't worth my while betting. A strong Valero Texas Open will get Rory back into the mix, first weekend of a tournament this year where he has cut out silly mistakes and will give him the confidence and kickstart he needs. Mickleson has had a decent start to 2013 without winning yet and he comes alive at the Masters.

However at the majors I prefer decent each way shouts to make my fortune and so far I have bets on Sergio at 66/1, KJ at 100/1 and Westwood at 28/1. Still deliberating over my final bet for the week, at the moment its between DJ, Kuchar, Adam Scott and G-Mac.

A lot of players are showing decent form so far this season so if Woods doesn't bring his A-game this could be anybodys Masters.

Harry Palmer

No idea who will win but the Beeb have some live coverage of the final two rounds.

SAT: starts 7.30pm

Sun: 6.30pm

Sergio Garcia

Sky have very good coverage all week.

Tonight they had "On the range" from 5pm on the red button on SS1.

Tuesday "On the range" from 2pm on the red button on SS1.

Wednesday Par 3 tournament 7pm on SS1. (Repeated 11:15am on Thursday on SS1)

Thursday Day 1 live (Selected holes) 3:45pm on red button on SS1

Full coverage starts at 7pm on SS1

Friday Masters Breakfast programme at 9am on SS1

Day 2 live (Selected holes) 4pm on red button on SS1

Full coverage starts at 7pm on SS1

Saturday Masters Breakfast programme at 9am on SS1 (Repeated at 1pm on SS2)

Day 3 live (Selected holes) 4pm on red button on SS1

Full coverage starts at 7pm on SS1.

Sunday Masters Breakfast programme on 9am on SS2 (Repeated at 1pm on SS4)

Day 4 live (Selected holes) 5pm on red button on SS1

Full coverage starts at 6pm on SS1.

Then a documentary on How the Masters was won on at various times Monday and Tuesday.

rossthejambo

I just hope we don't have to suffer that boy that used to coach Faldo, he bores the arse off me when he does the ordinary PGA Tour programs.

Sergio Garcia

I just hope we don't have to suffer that boy that used to coach Faldo, he bores the arse off me when he does the ordinary PGA Tour programs.

Simon Holmes? I would doubt it, for the majors we usually get Butch "Stares straight down the camera lens" Harmon and Monty. Also Sky have Jack Nicklaus on the Thursday coverage.

I've been counting down the days for this for weeks - sad ******* that I am. Cannot wait.

Fancy Tiger but too short to back.

Will do some more research prior to betting but think one of my outside bets will be Henrik Stenson.

rossthejambo

Simon Holmes? I would doubt it, for the majors we usually get Butch "Stares straight down the camera lens" Harmon and Monty. Also Sky have Jack Nicklaus on the Thursday coverage.

Aye that's him, I did think that but he seems to get a lot of coverage. Don't mind Butch although his dodgy eye creeps me out a bit :lol:

Was really good last year when Nicklaus was commentating.

rossthejambo

What price is that dick Mickelson?

11/1 last time I looked. Delighted I'm not alone in not liking him :lol:

11/1 last time I looked. Delighted I'm not alone in not liking him :lol:

Can't stand the prick!

Always does well at the Masters though. Might stick a Fiver on him.

Sergio Garcia

I quite like Mickleson, he showed his class in his match against Rose in the last Ryder Cup which made him go in my estimations.

Sergio Garcia

For those thinking of betting Paddy Power are giving 6 places for each way punters and Bet Victor are refunding win only and the win part of each way bets if Tiger or Rory win.

I quite like Mickleson, he showed his class in his match against Rose in the last Ryder Cup which made him go in my estimations.

Agreed, think he's a decent sort is big Phil.

rossthejambo

He probably is, I've never heard a bad thing about him and he carries himself well on the course and in the press, but his smug face annoys me.

JustWinBaby

Oosthuizen 28/1

Watson 40/1

Colsaerts 110/1

Couples 250/1

Shall have a wee e/w punt on all of the above. Can't help but feel Tiger's going to piss this one though.

One of my favourite weekends of the year. Don't keep track of the golf much during the year but there's something about the Masters that I absolutely love.

Woods' odds are far too short (4/1 on ladbrokes) but do fancy him to do well, will be there or thereabouts come Sunday.

Better to stick with the e/w bets - might stick a couple of quid on; Jason Day, Martin Laird (100/1 are great odds), and Ian Poulter.

Would love it if Sergio won though.

Scott Napier

Woods is looming large over Augusta this week with 3 wins already on tour including one WGC but at the odds he isn't worth my while betting. A strong Valero Texas Open will get Rory back into the mix, first weekend of a tournament this year where he has cut out silly mistakes and will give him the confidence and kickstart he needs. Mickleson has had a decent start to 2013 without winning yet and he comes alive at the Masters.

However at the majors I prefer decent each way shouts to make my fortune and so far I have bets on Sergio at 66/1, KJ at 100/1 and Westwood at 28/1. Still deliberating over my final bet for the week, at the moment its between DJ, Kuchar, Adam Scott and G-Mac.

A lot of players are showing decent form so far this season so if Woods doesn't bring his A-game this could be anybodys Masters.

Mickelson won the Phoenix Open in February, lipped out for a 59 on the Thursday. Hard to see past Woods at the moment but would love to see him going toe to toe with McIlroy on Sunday.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Any tips folks? Made a profit on the betting over the weekend and looking to put some of it on this.

Love watching the majors but don't watch enough golf over the year to pick a winner.

Sergio Garcia

Mickelson won the Phoenix Open in February, lipped out for a 59 on the Thursday. Hard to see past Woods at the moment but would love to see him going toe to toe with McIlroy on Sunday.

:facepalm: I watched that tournament as well and forget he went wire to wire. He hit a fantastic putt early in the round that was amazing.

I feel like a fool.

Another outside chance of a top-4/5 finish for each-way is Jim Furyk. Pretty consistent record at Augusta.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Tiger isn't accurate off the tee enough at Augusta to be considered for me. Odds are much too short as well.

Looking at Snedeker and Colsaerts at the moment.

Sergio Garcia

As good as Snedekers early form was since his comeback from his rib injury he has missed both cuts. I am thinking he isn't fully fit but doesnt want to miss an opportunity at the Masters.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Ah, didn't know that. I was wondering why you could get him for pretty good odds considering his good form this season. Cheers.

Sergio Garcia

Ah, didn't know that. I was wondering why you could get him for pretty good odds considering his good form this season. Cheers.

If he hadn't got injured then he would have been single figures I think. Saying that Padraig had an injury before his 2nd Open win and went out as far as 33s in the week leading up the tournament and won.

If he hadn't got injured then he would have been single figures I think. Saying that Padraig had an injury before his 2nd Open win and went out as far as 33s in the week leading up the tournament and won.

His injury is a worry, but I got him at 44/1 on Betfair which I think's a decent price, even with the rib injury. Also on Adam Scott to win at 28/1, with each ways on Henrik Stenson at 50/1 and my big outsider, Stewart Cink at 150/1.

Can't wait for this, absolutely love the Masters.

Some interesting prices I got yesterday - Kuchar @ 35/1, Day @ 60/1 and Na @ 350/1

Usually take a punt before it starts and then get serious on the Saturday - got on Watson last year on the Saturday morning for a healthy profit!!

Oosthuizen 25/1

Laird (for some scottish interests and he has come on to form) 100/1

Woods 4/1

Mahan 45/1

Midloth_Iain

Expect Tiger to win it but gone for small e/w bets on

Westwood

Day

Dufner

G-Mac

Midloth_Iain

Usually take a punt before it starts and then get serious on the Saturday - got on Watson last year on the Saturday morning for a healthy profit!!

also saving my one bigger bet til after Fridays scores

Sergio Garcia

His injury is a worry, but I got him at 44/1 on Betfair which I think's a decent price, even with the rib injury. Also on Adam Scott to win at 28/1, with each ways on Henrik Stenson at 50/1 and my big outsider, Stewart Cink at 150/1.

Can't wait for this, absolutely love the Masters.

44s is decent I just thought I would mention the injury lay off to those who mentioned Snedeker incase they didnt know.

Swaying on Scott as my fourth and final pre Masters bet.

North Berwick Jambo

I picked Hunter Mahan & Bubba Watson last year (both were 40/1) & won a fair bit so I am looking at players around those odds again this year. Dustin Johnson, Matt Kucher, Luke Donald & Brandt Snedeker all look decent bets.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Gone E/W on Colsaerts and Mahan.

Is there a way to check how the players do on their practice rounds?

The Great Khali

Laird and Colsaerts are my bets so far.

Another two to pick. Off tomorrow so will have a wee deek.

Sergio Garcia

Decided on Adam Scott for the last of my pre Masters bets. Been knocking on the door a few times and I think the limited schedule this year is very much with the Masters in mind.

All each way

Adam Scott (25)

Lee Westwood (28)

Sergio Garcia (66)

KJ Choi (100)

rossthejambo

Some interesting pairings, Bubba and Poulter, followed by Woods and Donald, followed by Fowler, Harrington and Day.

Scott and Garcia going out together as well, 2 players more than deserving of breaking their major duck.

Quite tempted to stick another cheeky bet on Rose or Fowler.

?1 e/w on the following

M Laird (100)

Dustin Johnson (30)

Lee Westwood (28)

Ian Poulter (50)

Sergio Garcia (45)

i really fancy Dustin and Martin to do some damage. Can't see past woods but just so short odds. Fred Couples is a good long bet out at 200's

44s is decent I just thought I would mention the injury lay off to those who mentioned Snedeker incase they didnt know.

Swaying on Scott as my fourth and final pre Masters bet.

I was well worth mentioning as its kinda been on the QT.

I think Scott has a great chance, as long as he's over his collapse last year. He always plays well at Augusta though; it really seems to suit his game.

kingantti1874

As I say I think tiger will win this, but fancy keegan Bradley each way...( even though I dislike him intensely)

Bubba Watson at 42/1

Graeme McDowall at 71/1

Martin Laird at 145/1

Louis Oosthuizen 34/1

I'd like to see Westwood win a major but I suspect Woods, McIlroy (coming back to form ?) and Mickleson may fight it out.

It does seem to be a course that you either love or hate and those who have played well in the past seem to do so on a regular basis.

Archived