zelijnicar

buster1874

Did anybody from here go to bosnia for this game? That was 1 game I really wanted to go to in europe also the st pats game away would have been fun.

Did anybody from here go to bosnia for this game? That was 1 game I really wanted to go to in europe also the st pats game away would have been fun.

I was at the St Pats game and although I was too young to have a bevvy it was great fun. The ferry journey over to Belfast was entertaining, and the atmosphere in Dublin was terrific.

I never made it to Sarajevo or Zelijnicar, but was at the Siroki Brijeg game and it was once of my fav trips. Game was crap but the 2 days I had in Mostar were memorable.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Left wing fascists, imo.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I bet even you didn't think you'd get away with it this long. Good work I suppose.

scott herbertson

Yes, was at Zelnicar - good time was had by London Hearts guys. As for a bunch of fascists here's a kickback regular outed donning his fascist uniform

IMG_1708.jpg

A Boy Named Crow

That was a great trip, but a strange one too. You don't really feel like Barga-esque fountain shenanigans in a city still bearing the scars of a brutal war... I'll never forget a teacher called Ahmed explaining to me that for three years he was "Rambo"...made me wonder of it could happen anywhere.

dkmmgcycbwc

Agree with comments above on Sarajevo but my other memories are of very friendly fans and absolutely freezing weather at the game (in September!) in a wide open stadium that was totally run down and lacking in basic facilities. Great trip.

pettigrewsstylist

Yes, was at Zelnicar - good time was had by London Hearts guys. As for a bunch of fascists here's a kickback regular outed donning his fascist uniform

IMG_1708.jpg

Haha is that oor NT??? Lol

Was a great trip freezing but a great trip, people were fantastic even in a war ravaged city they were proud to have us there. I also remember the pub we were all in and the McMirza the Tartan Army Zjelzo fan. * Oh and did I mention I got to go for free after hitting the corner flag from the centre spot at tynie?

* Still the only person to have done this!!! :silvio:

Zeljeznicar was my first European trip. Been to them all since then. I think we were the only two Jambos who actually stayed in Siroki Brijeg rather than Mostar.

IMG_1708.jpg

It was the greatest European trip ever

stuarty1874

Great trip, stayed for a week! Sarajevo's bullet torn buildings and mortar shelled roads/pavements was a stark reminder of recent history. Their old ground (poss used for league games) had a train parked on the terrace!

Great trip, stayed for a week! Sarajevo's bullet torn buildings and mortar shelled roads/pavements was a stark reminder of recent history. Their old ground (poss used for league games) had a train parked on the terrace!

Their proper ground was excellent, as you say old school locamotive on the terrace, bullet holes in the stand behind the goals and a dog kennel underneath the main stand.

The olympic stadium was a right old mess, especially those bogs.

Great trip all round.

If it wasn't for the alcohol killing the pain, it was probably the coldest I've ever been.

We managed a trip to their ground and someone at the stadium er 'sold' us the previous season's tops. 35 euros each? I'll need to look my own out when I get home (number 24) but I'm sure one of my mates has Dzeko's (sp) one.

Fxxx the SPFL

Yep was there with the wife on Deek Crosbie's bus two nights in Sarajevo and one in Ljubiana, Slovenia about 140 hours on the bus or at least it felt like that total numb arse. Great laugh and met some brilliant folk on that trip. Watson from Aberdeen being a total fruitcake dressed up as Elvis before the match.

the general

Yep was there with the wife on Deek Crosbie's bus two nights in Sarajevo and one in Ljubiana, Slovenia about 140 hours on the bus or at least it felt like that total numb arse. Great laugh and met some brilliant folk on that trip. Watson from Aberdeen being a total fruitcake dressed up as Elvis before the match.

it was a good trip and Deek really tried hard to keep in with the locals but my abiding memory was a guy of about 70 walking up to us and shouting 'where were you all when the war was on? Europe forgot and abandoned us!' well what can you say....

read a fair bit about the conflict since and we did!!

on a lighter not it was freezing we actually went round the second hand shops to buy fur coats but they were honking lol and so was the 'kebabs' that Meadows kindly bought us at the ground

The Treasurer

it was a good trip and Deek really tried hard to keep in with the locals but my abiding memory was a guy of about 70 w alking up to us and shouting 'where were you all when the war was on? Europe forgot and abandoned us!' well what can you say....

read a fair bit about the conflict since and we did!!

on a lighter not it was freezing we actually went round the second hand shops to buy fur coats but they were honking lol and so was the 'kebabs' that Meadows kindly bought us at the ground

Rab ?

Archived