"Plans to close pubs on football matchdays are excessive"

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So glad I don't live in Scotland under the SNP.

Their approach to alcohol is complete nanny state stuff.

It's really not been any different to the last 18 year's to be honest... Not that I've ever noticed anyway. :huh:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dipped Flake

I keep repeating myself here but Labour, the Tories and Liberals all support minimum pricing for alcohol so why pick on the SNP. Also, as for the OP this has been shown as total rubbish so, again, why pick on the SNP.

Guest Dipped Flake

And another thing, who was it that brought in the ban on drinking at football matches in Scotland? Here is a wee hint; it sure as hell wasn't the SNP

It's really not been any different to the last 18 year's to be honest... Not that I've ever noticed anyway. :huh:

Small example - at Edinburgh airport you could

double up a spirit for a quid 3 or so years ago. Now you have to pay for two full measures under some flawed message of health care.

That's an SNP policy isn't it?

Nanny state stuff

And another thing, who was it that brought in the ban on drinking at football matches in Scotland? Here is a wee hint; it sure as hell wasn't the SNP

Wasn't talking about that - but fair enough.

As a responsible drinker i shouldnt pay more under the pretence that this will stop low life neds getting jaked up on booze of a night.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

double up a spirit for a quid 3 or so years ago. Now you have to pay for two full measures under some flawed message of health care.

Nanny state stuff

Never noticed that actually... Um... I always have a beer before take-off.

I'll need someone else to argue the independence point of view on airport bean-counting. :(

Drewjambobusby

Never noticed that actually... Um... I always have a beer before take-off.

I'll need someone else to argue the independence point of view on airport bean-counting. :(

I could have a go ? However, i would probably make James Hunt of that too !!!!!

Not getting into the whole independence thing but from what I've seen the SNP government have been absolutely laughable when trying to tackle football issues:

A rushed and completely unnecessary new law regarding sectarianism, which hasn't changed a thing and pertains to issues that could have been dealt with perfectly well under previous legislation.

Kenny MacAskill's stupid comments about making overtures to ban late night Edinburgh derbies after a few minor events.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go along with this as well.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I could have a go ? However, i would probably make James Hunt of that too !!!!!

Nae danger, mate. You've been nothing other than honest and tactile in your views and opinions on this stuff, as far as I'm concerned.

Reckon a fair minded gent like yourself could and would do a good job of it.

:)

(peace out, mate)

Drewjambobusby

Nae danger, mate. You've been nothing other than honest and tactile in your views and opinions on this stuff, as far as I'm concerned.

(peace out, mate)

Actually, i blame 1. jist getting aulder and dafter and 2. giving up smoking after 36 years. No been able to function lol. But Cheers anyhow.

Actually, whats the SNP`s take on a the price of a packet of Fags ? I might huv tay have a rethink here ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Actually, i blame 1. jist getting aulder and dafter and 2. giving up smoking after 36 years. No been able to function lol. But Cheers anyhow.

:D

I gave up snouts 21 months ago mate... It's difficult. I'd only smoked 16 years or so... It was hard.

Cheers though mate. Each to their own and all that.

You seem like a decent and honest Jambo... :)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

(peace out, mate)

Actually, whats the SNP`s take on a the price of a packet of Fags ? I might huv tay have a rethink here ?

2 Peas out of the same pod here IMO.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd be honoured to share a pod with a decent auld pea like that, mate. :sob:

Guest Dipped Flake

Nanny state stuff

Once again, the same policy is being pursued by the UK government although not yet in law. Although I have been repeating that the other parties support the stance the SNP have taken,the SNP have certainly shown the way as regards trying to fight the booze culture that has had such a huge, negative impact on Scotland for decades. If you really think there is no health benefit in trying to get people to cut down their drinkng then it's probably not worth arguing

Drewjambobusby

Nothing wrong wi that son. Don`t you go stirring it up you bugger. Still got tay have to have that pint wi you. And this Auld yin, kin still swally some let me tell you.

Guest Dipped Flake

Wasn't talking about that - but fair enough.

As a responsible drinker i shouldnt pay more under the pretence that this will stop low life neds getting jaked up on booze of a night.

you won't pay more in pubs, in fact this move should help the pub trade as people might not be getting tanked up on cheap booze before leaving their houses and may just spend a bit more in their locals.

On the one hand you have the British Medical Association, the Royal College of Physicians and the Police and on the other, some football fans on messageboards (and the Labour Party in Scotland; but I don't want to associate posters on here with that mediocrity).

Tough one for the Government there.

Drewjambobusby

I'd be honoured to share a pod with a decent auld pea like that, mate. :sob:

Hahahha ...............hey i am allowed tay say Auld.

Cheers Shaun yer a good spud. Am sure you will look after me in the Cyber attacks lol

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hahahha ...............hey i am allowed tay say Auld.

Cheers Shaun yer a good spud. Am sure you will look after me in the Cyber attacks lol

I'm a good egg, Drew...

All this cyber-bullying pish isnae for me, mate. :(

You appear to be a good un'. :)

Independence

Aye, build the trams and ruin pubs, early kick offs ruin pubs may as well just shut them down completely and then spoil football for everyone whilst at it.

Scotland is ******* terrible. Mon the union.

You can blame the SNP for lots of things (as you can any party in control as the SNP has now been in control, democratically for many years) but you cant blame them for the Trams. The trams was a Labour initiative/policy and the SNP tried to stop them, but the penalties were too high.

As to the drink issue, at least they are tackling Scotland's issues head on and not having to bow, as Labour do, to Westminster. These are unpopular initiatives but they are not scared to loose votes short term if it is for the good of Scotland long term. What you cannot argue is that the SNP is the only pure Scottish party with the good of its people as its first concern.

So the idiots want to close businesses and people lose the jobs...... Knobs.....

john brownlee

Once again, the same policy is being pursued by the UK government although not yet in law. Although I have been repeating that the other parties support the stance the SNP have taken,the SNP have certainly shown the way as regards trying to fight the booze culture that has had such a huge, negative impact on Scotland for decades. If you really think there is no health benefit in trying to get people to cut down their drinkng then it's probably not worth arguing

No No its nothing to do with the drinkin' culture..... its all to do with rakin' n money the more expensive things are the more the governments get through VAT the more expencive things are from DIY products to parking tickets the more these parisites collect and while some folk think they care about our health think again the more ill people there are, weather through drink or fags they get the get more tax pounds and are happy to keep it that way I do think that there is a health benift in trying to get people to cut down on consumtion just like obesity but the polititions are not going to cut the cash cow

Think of all the posters,,TV adverts leaflets, signs and so on,plus the increase in price of these products these may only cost a few bob at atime, but if you have ten million or more at 20%Vat that a lot of coffers, and these parisites learnd that a long time ago

So in that context I do think it is worth it to argue about the ambitions of politicians or governments in screwing and hoodwinking the populas.Its guys like you that swallow it hook line and sinker

Think that policy was dropped last week by the UK government.

Guest C00l K1d

So you think a good, regular source of income should be denied our clubs because a few daft wee laddies can't behave after a couple of shandies ?

You think the only people who are areholes and can't handle their bevvy at a football game are 'daft wee laddies?'

Serious question, do you think the sale of alcohol would be a good introduction at either Ibrox or Parkhead?

Guest Dipped Flake

Think that policy was dropped last week by the UK government.

you are cprrect but it was being advocated by all the unionist parties

Should this no be in the Shed now, seeing as folk have reverted to the apparently inescapable "FAT ALEX IS GREAT/SHITE" routine?

Guest Dipped Flake

No No its nothing to do with the drinkin' culture..... its all to do with rakin' n money the more expensive things are the more the governments get through VAT the more expencive things are from DIY products to parking tickets the more these parisites collect and while some folk think they care about our health think again the more ill people there are, weather through drink or fags they get the get more tax pounds and are happy to keep it that way I do think that there is a health benift in trying to get people to cut down on consumtion just like obesity but the polititions are not going to cut the cash cow

Think of all the posters,,TV adverts leaflets, signs and so on,plus the increase in price of these products these may only cost a few bob at atime, but if you have ten million or more at 20%Vat that a lot of coffers, and these parisites learnd that a long time ago

So in that context I do think it is worth it to argue about the ambitions of politicians or governments in screwing and hoodwinking the populas.Its guys like you that swallow it hook line and sinker

not sure where to start with that, apart from to say your argument is all over the place. You say increasing the price of booze is so the government can make more money?? It has been shown that increasing the price of cheap booze cuts consumption so that argument is flawed to put it mildly. Can't really argue when you get onto cigarettes and the cash cow that is, for the unionist government not the Scottish government. You then go on to say there is a health benefit from trying to get people to cut down, which is what the Scottish goverment is trying to do. To summarise I have no idea what your argument is. It seems that you are so determined to slag off the SNP that you have got yourself a bit tied up in knots. Anyway, got to go now and see how Scotland gets on tonight

Guest Dipped Flake

Should this no be in the Shed now, seeing as folk have reverted to the apparently inescapable "FAT ALEX IS GREAT/SHITE" routine?

said that a page ago. It has nothing to do with football and is pure politics

said that a page ago. It has nothing to do with football and is pure politics

Sorry man, missed that. Incredibly couldn't be bothered to go back to page two to read shite from folk who can barely eat rice crispies without a plastic bib trying to enforce upon everyone that they know the best way to run the country.

You think the only people who are areholes and can't handle their bevvy at a football game are 'daft wee laddies?'

Serious question, do you think the sale of alcohol would be a good introduction at either Ibrox or Parkhead?

They should sell drink in stadiums, its up to the police to deal with anyone that does anything against the law. The SNP have the power to change things but instead have it in for fitba fans.

Archived