Another journo picks up anti-Hearts ref bias

Jammy T

the voice from above

'This paper is loathe to repeat itself on any issue but until the begrudging attitude of Scottish officials towards Tynecastle is properly addressed there would appear little option.'

I think I need a lie down... at this rate we might get a couple of decisions by the time the new stand is up

'This paper is loathe to repeat itself on any issue but until the begrudging attitude of Scottish officials towards Tynecastle is properly addressed there would appear little option.'

I think I need a lie down... at this rate we might get a couple of decisions by the time the new stand is up

With that and the Daily record match report I have to say I'm shocked!

Banderson singing from the JKB songsheet to a great extent, not seen a journo come out quite as vociferously as he does. Banderson (swallows hard..), "well done"...

Also worth the price of the article for seeing two words that I don't think I've ever seen sitting beside each other. "Potent Lithuanian" :D

The Setanta highlight was disappointingyesterday. they showed what they suggest should have been a pen to the wee team, did not even mention or show the Velicka pen.

"Velicka was penalised and cautioned for diving in the Hibs penalty area when he seemed to be quite clearly impeded by Rob Jones. Moments later, Ian Murray, in the first game of his six-month loan from Norwich City, was late and clumsy with a centre-circle sliding challenge on Ruben Palazuelos but somehow avoided having his name taken.

On 32 minutes, another refereeing mishap. Robbie Neilson and Merouane Zemmama galloped into the Hibs penalty area and, despite being yards away from the ball, the Moroccan leaned into Neilson and forced him to ground. Yet Clark pointed for a goal kick as the ball bounced out of play.

When Abdessallam Benjelloun executed a reckless 39th-minute tackle on Michael Stewart, there was again no card despite several previous offences from the striker. This paper is loathe to repeat itself on any issue but until the begrudging attitude of Scottish officials towards Tynecastle is properly addressed there would appear little option."

Says it all really.

You can include the last paragraph of the Daily Express report to the list aswell,

"Frail took the right attitude, in public at least, by keeping quiet on the controversial issues but there is no doubt on my mind that the way Hearts players are being treated by match officials is a concern."

The Setanta highlight was disappointingyesterday. they showed what they suggest should have been a pen to the wee team, did not even mention or show the Velicka pen.

Ah well, early night for me tonight then :(

I was hoping to get a better look at the Velicka incident but I imagine Setanta or STV will edit that 'talking point' out ..........maybe it just looks so unavoidibly ANTI-HEARTS that they dare not show it ?

I was also hoping to do the same with 'the foul that never was' on Miko vs Killie..........but nope, no sign of that either :mad:

Michael Stewart was also withdrawn early having vomited on the pitch on more than one occasion. "Must've been the pie he ate at half-time," laughed Frail. In the aftermath of derby victories, jokes are notably easier to come by.

;)

Also worth the price of the article for seeing two words that I don't think I've ever seen sitting beside each other. "Potent Lithuanian" :D

Barrassa after a night on the Guinness ?

Or should that be 'pungent' ?

"Velicka was penalised and cautioned for diving in the Hibs penalty area when he seemed to be quite clearly impeded by Rob Jones. Moments later, Ian Murray, in the first game of his six-month loan from Norwich City, was late and clumsy with a centre-circle sliding challenge on Ruben Palazuelos but somehow avoided having his name taken.

On 32 minutes, another refereeing mishap. Robbie Neilson and Merouane Zemmama galloped into the Hibs penalty area and, despite being yards away from the ball, the Moroccan leaned into Neilson and forced him to ground. Yet Clark pointed for a goal kick as the ball bounced out of play.

When Abdessallam Benjelloun executed a reckless 39th-minute tackle on Michael Stewart, there was again no card despite several previous offences from the striker. This paper is loathe to repeat itself on any issue but until the begrudging attitude of Scottish officials towards Tynecastle is properly addressed there would appear little option."

Says it all really.

Did more than lean, watched Neilson all the way then deliberately barged him aside with his shoulder. Never in a million years could it be explained as an attempt to usher the ball out of play as he (Zemmama) did not have the ball covered or under control at any time, and it eas a long way from going dead. A stone wall penalty and I am surprised this claim has not had more publicity.

I'm thrilled that some journalists have finally backed up our 'paranoid' claims but in typical, modern Jambo style...I'm slightly suspicious....

:laugh:

I'm kidding (sort of). I think.

would any of the west coast media be saying anything if we were challenging the infirm for the league, i doubt it. this is just them taking a new slant on hearts because we no longer threaten them, and many of us have stopped buying their papers. it's not as if this is the first game it's happened. not to long ago we were getting slaughtered by these same hacks for diving/cheating, so i would take anything they say with a pinch of salt.

if we ever get in a challenging position again, these same hacks will be back havin a go at us

The Express hit the nail on the head though

The way Hearts players are being treated by refs is a huge concern

Look at the Killie game the other week. Audrey booked for being taken out whereas Nish dived at least twice looking for a foul, got no free kicks but got no booking.

Hibs players at the weekend getting free kicks for nothing.

Benji not only did a scissor tackle on Stewart it was from behind yet nothing more than a speaking to

Robbie gets a speaking to for kicking the ball hard in 50/50 challenge.

I think one of the reasons the papers are now more sympathetic is down to the fact that Frail is now in charge. Unfair but I'll take it because something needs to be done about it

peebles jambo

thank goodness that someone else is noticing and bringing to every readers attention what's happening to hearts

it's high time, we've been getting poor refereeing decisions against us all season

We're all so paranoid (according to some) that even the press have caught it!!!

Let this be an answer to those who say that we should just shut up and get on with it when we see the injustice that has passed over just about every turf Hearts have played on!!!

I have not an ounce of doubt in my mind that it is the "establishment's" response to the way Hearts have complained about refereeing ever since Leveingate!!!

Whether a spoken or unspoken "conspiracy" - it is cheating, so please can we do away with the pathetic whitewashing of what is a scandal in every sense of the word!!!

The authorities should deal with this because now that the press have jumped on the bandwagon, it is not going to go away - well, not until we're due to play Rangers!!!

Look at the Killie game the other week. Audrey booked for being taken out whereas Nish dived at least twice looking for a foul, got no free kicks but got no booking.

Benji not only did a scissor tackle on Stewart it was from behind yet nothing more than a speaking to

I think one of the reasons the papers are now more sympathetic is down to the fact that Frail is now in charge. Unfair but I'll take it because something needs to be done about it

Robbie got spoken to for standing on Murray's hand (by accident ofcourse!).

This is the type of thing Banderson (as a local journo) should have been highlighting for months so I'm loathe to give him any credit for it now.

The fact that the Daily Ranger is also saying it is astonishing though.

:confused:

We're all so paranoid (according to some) that even the press have caught it!!!

Let this be an answer to those who say that we should just shut up and get on with it when we see the injustice that has passed over just about every turf Hearts have played on!!!

I have not an ounce of doubt in my mind that it is the "establishment's" response to the way Hearts have complained about refereeing ever since Leveingate!!!

Whether a spoken or unspoken "conspiracy" - it is cheating, so please can we do away with the pathetic whitewashing of what is a scandal in every sense of the word!!!

The authorities should deal with this because now that the press have jumped on the bandwagon, it is not going to go away - well, not until we're due to play Rangers!!!

No one is asking what roll Gordon Smith has in all this? after the Scotland v Lithuania game he wanted Miko run out of Scotland on a rail and all his cronies at the BBC jumped on the bandwagon to crucify all Lithuanians at Tynecastle

I think it is down to the fact that after Levein/Miko-Davis/VR's initial outburst we have just sat back as a club and took it (what some on here wanted) as the club got little support from the fans or from other clubs , now the refs feel (imo)they no longer have to 'hide' it, that they are now becoming so blatant with it that some members of the press have broke ranks and have had to report what is happening in front of their eyes. Pity we have had to put up with it for those 2 and a half years instead of backing the club when they first started to make noises.

Annoying thing is paying for the privilege of being cheated, in large numbers.

Maybe we should have boycotted away games in protest, hitting other member clubs in the pocket.

Banderson singing from the JKB songsheet to a great extent, not seen a journo come out quite as vociferously as he does. Banderson (swallows hard..), "well done"...

Titter!

Jubilee Spree
Titter!

I thought we got more decisions in the game though obviously there's no point telling people in the penalty box "I'm watching you" and then doing nothing when the wrestling starts (from both teams) after the ball is kicked. The Karipidis/Hogg incident was highlighted but mostly because the only way Hibs were going to score would be if they got a pen.

There was always going to be SOME reaction after all the complaining and name calling originating from Tynecastle. Its predictable and therefore sad that the reaction is occurring on the pitch.

Did more than lean, watched Neilson all the way then deliberately barged him aside with his shoulder. Never in a million years could it be explained as an attempt to usher the ball out of play as he (Zemmama) did not have the ball covered or under control at any time, and it eas a long way from going dead. A stone wall penalty and I am surprised this claim has not had more publicity.

I thought it was probably the most blatant incident ignored by the ref and linesman, especially as they could have given an indirect free kick in the box for obstruction (although as Zemmama seemed to turn into Nielson he could have given a penalty).

Jubilee Spree
I thought it was probably the most blatant incident ignored by the ref and linesman, especially as they could have given an indirect free kick in the box for obstruction (although as Zemmama seemed to turn into Nielson he could have given a penalty).

As my mate (a jambo) said at the time "Will you stop going on about the Stevenson penalty in the last derby now?"

Was exactly the same - Berra wiped out Stevenson in the last derby and Zemmama did the same thing to Neilson (who must be 4 stone heavier, but that's besides the point ;))

Both were pens in my eyes but neither were given - fairs fair

Annoying thing is paying for the privilege of being cheated, in large numbers.

Maybe we should have boycotted away games in protest, hitting other member clubs in the pocket.

I agree that this is the way to do it.

We have had no support from other SPL clubs, in fact they have delighted in attacking us through the very same papers that some are now applauding.

I have not been to an away game (apart from ER which is an exception) for two seasons and I have no intention of doing so again. Home clubs keep their league gates and I do not intend to give my cash to any club in Scotland apart from the Hearts.

Famous Hearts
I agree that this is the way to do it.

We have had no support from other SPL clubs, in fact they have delighted in attacking us through the very same papers that some are now applauding.

I have not been to an away game (apart from ER which is an exception) for two seasons and I have no intention of doing so again. Home clubs keep their league gates and I do not intend to give my cash to any club in Scotland apart from the Hearts.

I am the same and I never used to miss a game. I wont pay upwards of 30 quid to see us continuously cheated. The whole corruptness is an absolute scandal but finally the press seem to be waking up to it.

The Rangers game at Tynecastle was a perfect example of what we have had to put up with from the officials. Weir grabbed hold of the ref nothing said. There Goalkeeper kicks Elliot nothing happens. If it was against anyother team both would have been off. :mad:

We all agree the Leven situation does not help but it also goes back to the Hartson elbow on Webster when Celtic claimed he elbowed himself. :mad:

So the problems with anti Hearts refs is not just this season.:mad:

Archived