"Just a slither of brie, please"

Tommy Wiseau

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Sexington

The advert where its the boys birthday and they take a picture and ****wits all over the world do "hilarious" stuff with the picture. You know the one - a say I do a do ba ba ba (or something like that)

I genuinly f****** despise that advert.

:muggy:

Franklin Delano Bluth

50 posts till someone mentions her name.

FFS kickback, get your head of of your ass.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

chuck berrys hairline

Wonder if she has a wireless hub?

I'll wire her hub :P:D

She used to be in Hollyoaks and is belting, but let's not get off track.

A ****ing slither of brie. Could have picked any non-essential item from the shops, but they chose a slither of ****ing brie. Says it all. That's the kind of **** they are marketing to and not even ashamed of it :seething:

a slightly more abstract one that REALLY pissed me off was those orange mobile adverts with the big inflatible animals, each corresponding to a specific contract, so you could sign up to a 'dolphin' contract or a 'racoon' contract...

this pisses me off SO much. what the flaming balls to ******* dolphins have to do with mobile contracts? it's the idea that you somehow express what kind of animal you're like with your ******* MOBILE PHONE CONTRACT...aaargh...makes me actually boke...the thing that's worse is that there simply MUST be people who'll go 'ooh, a dolphin!' and then buy a ******* phone because of it, otherwise they wouldn't run these campaigns.

purest evil.

Snake Plissken

a slightly more abstract one that REALLY pissed me off was those orange mobile adverts with the big inflatible animals, each corresponding to a specific contract, so you could sign up to a 'dolphin' contract or a 'racoon' contract...

this pisses me off SO much. what the flaming balls to ******* dolphins have to do with mobile contracts? it's the idea that you somehow express what kind of animal you're like with your ******* MOBILE PHONE CONTRACT...aaargh...makes me actually boke...the thing that's worse is that there simply MUST be people who'll go 'ooh, a dolphin!' and then buy a ******* phone because of it, otherwise they wouldn't run these campaigns.

purest evil.

How gullible.

Next they'll be jumping out of planes for made-up people.

But that doesnt stop them making television adverts better suited. Just because A isnt working as well because of B doesnt stop you improving A.

oh.

:cornette:

Ha.

Can you explain what you mean by better suited?

Ha.

Can you explain what you mean by better suited?

If less people are watching adverts it may be advantageous to ensure that any 'message' is expressed through sound more than it would have been traditionally. Radio and television advertising is different and, if people are effectively treating TV ads the same as radio ads, then perhaps allowances should be made. That's not to say you should eschew the visual part of it; merely ensure that whatever it is you're selling is able to be picked up by both viewers and listeners.

If less people are watching adverts it may be advantageous to ensure that any 'message' is expressed through sound more than it would have been traditionally. Radio and television advertising is different and, if people are effectively treating TV ads the same as radio ads, then perhaps allowances should be made. That's not to say you should eschew the visual part of it; merely ensure that whatever it is you're selling is able to be picked up by both viewers and listeners.

The sound thing is an interesting point of view. I think it is something you already see with barrel-scraping brands such as We Buy Any Car and Go Compare. But they can afford the 'negative' publicity because they provide a service that could save/make you money.

The solution to better television advertising is to keep your communication single minded. Watch almost every ad in the breaks these days and they try to get four/five things across (usually saying it and showing you all at once) in the same commercial. In my experience, this is generally the client's fault but they hold so much power these days, so it's very difficult to change.

has anyone seen the grants (i think) whisky ad. family are all 'bantering' in well spoken english accents, then the bottle comes up at the end and it's a broad scottish voiceover 'grants every time- or some shit like that. i've got nothing against the english, but why don't they use scottish actors for the family?... seriously, why?

has anyone seen the grants (i think) whisky ad. family are all 'bantering' in well spoken english accents, then the bottle comes up at the end and it's a broad scottish voiceover 'grants every time- or some shit like that. i've got nothing against the english, but why don't they use scottish actors for the family?... seriously, why?

it's always on during the bundeliga highlights on itv, maybe the program sponsor. gets my goat every time

Sergio Garcia

The Aldi advert for hot cross buns with the horrendous looking weegies. Does my box in every time.

The Grants advert is another that annoys me greatly, "Dad,It's not the Cup Final" as if that guy has ever watched sport in his life.

Craig Gordons Gloves

purest evil.

I used to work in a capacity that brought me into contact with Orange on a regular basis. They have big elephants everywhere for Feng Shui, additionally - they have a dept of creativity and a dept of ideas (i think it was something else) so it's no surprise they came up with names like Dolphin etc - their marketing team sit around on bean bags all day smoking massive bongs.

Maiden Gorgie

Quite prepared to join in the Brie Seethe.

Saw it on Final night. My first impression was "she is fit" but as the sorry tale unravelled started turning into Billy Connolly and his fancy rug rant.

OK, it was Final night and I had had a few, but I am unashamed to say was screaming at the TV,, "When it's pishng with rain, thank ****k I've got my 4x4 and a bit of Brie!"

Actually, I feel an old wound may have been opened

If this has turned into an advert-seethe...may I nominate 'Scrunch or fold?'

Just....NO, on so many levels. I don't want to know how a bursd - no matter how desirable - wipes her arse.

...a bit disco

Just....NO, on so many levels. I don't want to know how a bursd - no matter how desirable - wipes her arse.

But some people do Boof.

:look:

It's a shocker, isn't it?

No idea what they were thinking.

If we're just going to moan about adverts then safestyle.co.uk is the worst.

The ******* worst.

Sterling Archer

If we're just going to moan about adverts then safestyle.co.uk is the worst.

The ******* worst.

Yes

Boaby Ewing

Folk scrunch toilet paper to wipe their hoop? :what:

And they're putting this er shite in adverts now.

Unless it's a 30 second commercial condemning these scrunching animals, of course.

Guest C00l K1d

I just dont get these weirdos Dave.

You get about 3/4 wipes out a fold, but only the 1 out a scrunch.

Boaby Ewing

Multiple wipes from the same bit paper? :what:

Let's end this conversation now.

Sterling Archer

So anyway, **** ing Brie :wiggo:

The only Brie I like is Alison.

...a bit disco

In the interests of clarification and the avoidance of any doubt, please refer to the guide below.

popularwipingmethods2.jpg

Morph, read it twice please.

At least 3 wipes from a fold method. Every. Single. Time.

Saving the planet shit by shit.

Guest C00l K1d

At least 3 wipes from a fold method. Every. Single. Time.

Saving the planet shit by shit.

Hughsie kens.

Tommy Wiseau

On every ad break during Soccer Saturday :muggy:

I defy anyone to watch it as closely as I have and say she doesn't say "slither" by the way :lol: Incandescent seethe tumblr_maco7dGYG71r8asq6_1347643274_cover.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

uoeXWk.gif

:jjyay:

:lol:

That honestly makes me so angry, with the wee smug smile and twinkle of the fingers.

It's ****ing on RIGHT NOW. Sickening. Yet another ad break ruined :muggy:

Sure she was in Hollyoaks Beats - might be wrong but I thought she was the same lassie out the yoghurt and Tampon pole vault advert?

Tommy Wiseau

It is defo that bursd off the yoghurt advert, who was in Hollyoaks. No danger I'm posting any photos on here to turn this from a seethe thread into a fap thread :muggy:

Thinking about going in person to Virgin towers and kicking the shit out of Branson until he censors every appearance of that advert off my screen.

Archived