Rubbish Beards

Gershwin

Pete Seeger

My facial hair always ends up patchy and ginger. 28 in a couple of weeks and still can't grow a decent beard :(

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boaby Ewing

Grin and bear it. Not a lot you can do. It passes pretty quickly.

Hope it hurries the **** up.

I look like a chin-stroking **** at the moment.

I haven't had a shave since the start of this thread. Look like a parrafin lamp tbh. Maybe give it a few more days before deciding what to do with it. Catches on every collar and coat you wear!

Aaron Kaufman has a braw growth

aaron-kaufman.jpg

Chad Sexington

Five days into my beard experiment.

I look like a street bum. :(

Bit too much grey coming through for my liking anaw.

:muggy:

I keep mines at a number 1 or 2 stubble. If I grow it any longer it gets patchy and ginger. I also have a scar on my upper lip which gives me a tiny bald 'scratch'. Looks naff

Hope it hurries the **** up.

I look like a chin-stroking **** at the moment.

As gay as this will sound...try conditioner on it. :lol:

BoJack Horseman

Nothing gay about conditioning your beard.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm 21 and currently shave every morning before work then leave it over the weekend to see what happens. It comes in a lot on my neck/below the jawline but on my chin the growth is poor. I'm quite interested to see what a full beard would look like on me but it looks a bit silly if I don't shave for a prolonged period. Should I leave it and see what happens or keep doing what I'm doing in the hope that I eventually grow something decent?

heartgarfunkel

Nothing gay about conditioning your beard.

Exactly. It's precisely the same as drinking the best quality bevvy you can afford and only going out with the tidiest of bursds.

Boaby Ewing

Aye, I've been doing that. Tbh I think it's more the fact it's still bristly and it's irritating the skin a wee bit between my Adam's apple and my jaw. It's not been any bother on the cheeks or top lip.

Got a short haircut tonight so my shan beard looks a wee bit better proportioned now. Desperate times, but still sticking with it.

Chris Benoit

Had a not bad beard on the go last week then decided to shave my hair off on Friday and ended up looking like the rapist dad from This is England so had to take it off :(

Boaby Ewing

Cracked and shaved it into a gloriously sleazy looking Errol Flynn number tonight.

Need to remember and take the rest off in the morning or I'll end up on the register.

Got more growth in two weeks than I thought I would, but it was still very spiky/patchy on the cheeks. Might give it another bash in a couple of months (when I've finished puberty).

Chad Sexington

Full beard in place after 10 days.

Quite impressed with it and I'm getting some good feedback. The Mrs thinks I look rather dashing as well. :smuggy:

BoJack Horseman

Cracked and shaved it into a gloriously sleazy looking Errol Flynn number tonight.

Need to remember and take the rest off in the morning or I'll end up on the register.

Got more growth in two weeks than I thought I would, but it was still very spiky/patchy on the cheeks. Might give it another bash in a couple of months (when I've finished puberty).

You've got to give it the full month, anything less isn't trying. Hair on your face can grow at different rates all over the place, so you can't expect it all to reach the same length at the same time. Give it a month, cut it back to a bit longer than stubble, give it another month. Giving up after 2 weeks is the classic mistake.

Full beard in place after 10 days.

Quite impressed with it and I'm getting some good feedback. The Mrs thinks I look rather dashing as well. :smuggy:

Good on you, keep at it. Don't touch it for 30 days.

• 1 month later...
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm going for the beard big time at the moment.

It has been about 3 weeks and I can pull it away from my cheeks. Glorious.

Going to see how it goes after a month. Not even touching it, I like the tramp look.

Any tips for the terrible beard growers out there?

Hair conditioner will soften it and make it less uncomfortable as it grows in.

Get it trimmed fairly early as this will knock the fast bits back and allow the slow growing bits to catch up.

The Great Khali

I'm in the middle of attempting to grow one but severely tempted to just stop. Looking veeeeery paedoey.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I'm in the middle of attempting to grow one but severely tempted to just stop. Looking veeeeery paedoey.

This. So much this.

It doesn't help when I don't seem to have been through the facial hair section of puberty, at 20 years old. I can grow facial hair on my chin and top lip. Sideburns coming in nicely on one side and not the other (:vrface:) I look like an absolute state.

:vrface :sob:

Still growing shan beards by the way. Although I've not really taken any of the proper advice on this thread :jj:

Franklin Delano Bluth

Never wanted to look like James 'The Deviant' Dayton as much in my life, by the way.

mattyw_1874

Currently look like a real life version of Shaggy from scooby doo. Still rocking the woeful attempt though.

BoJack Horseman

This. So much this.

It doesn't help when I don't seem to have been through the facial hair section of puberty, at 20 years old. I can grow facial hair on my chin and top lip. Sideburns coming in nicely on one side and not the other ( :vrface:) I look like an absolute state.

:vrface :sob:

Some "men" just can't grow beards Yang. It's the genetic lottery, and thankfully I was gifted with a full growth. I owe it guys like you to have a beard and sport mine with pride.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Some "men" just can't grow bears Yang. It's the genetic lottery, and thankfully I was gifted with a full growth. I owe it guys like you to have a beard and sport mine with pride.

I want a beard too. In a years time, i'll have a beard. It'll be a tough year, and i'll be on and off many registers, but it'll happen.

Chris Benoit

Malky had a nice beard when I bumped into him on Saturday unfortunately the bairn didn't agree and was greeting the whole time I was talking to him. It was gone by Sunday when he picked me up for the football, peado looking ******* :lol:

Archived