Rubbish Beards

Gershwin

heartgarfunkel
Day two.

Thicker and darker than I'd expected at this early stage. It's still more teenage Hispanic delivery boy than anything though.

Keep with it Dave and get your order in for shitty sticks.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Men with beards: Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Abraham Lincoln, Paul Hartley

Folk without beards: Leigh Griffiths, Deek Riordan, Neil Lennon

Nowt more has to be said.

Loving the beard rival at the moment. It's like a reaction to the Geordie Shore fake tanned, low cut t-shirt, carrot top chino wearing, eyebrow shaping *****.

BoJack Horseman

This

james-tindale-974606018.jpg

Or this

1353192319274232.png

What's with laddies showing their cleavage?

Shakespeare knew the score!

From 'Much ado about nothing'

Leonato: You may light on a husband that hath no beard.

Beatrice: What should I do with him? Dress him in my apparel and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man: and he that is more than a youth is not for me, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him...

BoJack Horseman

Shakespeare knew the score!

From 'Much ado about nothing'

Leonato: You may light on a husband that hath no beard.

Beatrice: What should I do with him? Dress him in my apparel and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man: and he that is more than a youth is not for me, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him...

Great line.

Nuff said.

Pass me my razors.

x_factor_judges_house_rylan_49.jpg

Thats not a beard. Its a chav strap thats tinted with mascara.

How dare you besmirch the bearded men of this world.

BoJack Horseman

Thats not a beard. Its a chav strap thats tinted with mascara.

How dare you besmirch the bearded men of this world.

I'm sure he straight up dies it. Definitely not a beard either way.

I'm sure he straight up dies it. Definitely not a beard either way.

Its ******* horrific whatever it is. Chin straps are for wannabe gangsters who cant sport the full regalia.

Real Beards for Real Men.

You can see he's shaved the cheek area which separates real beards from something that looks like a piece of shite on your face.

If you ###### about styling it and shaping it you are an imposter imo.

You can see he's shaved the cheek area which separates real beards from something that looks like a piece of shite on your face.

If you ###### about styling it and shaping it you are an imposter imo.

To the extent above yes but general upkeep of your beard is essential! I keep mine at a decent length with no 4 clippers and below the jaw line goes down to a zero.

To the extent above yes but general upkeep of your beard is essential! I keep mine at a decent length with no 4 clippers and below the jaw line goes down to a zero.

na im from the Tom Hardy school of beards. Just let it do its thing.

As a newly single guy with a beard, I'm finding this thread most encouraging. Thank you good men of Kickback.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Rudi knows the score.

_60355718_skacel.jpg

Clean shaven on 19-05-12

I can't grow a beard :sob:

This. You cannae let it look like pubes on your neck or look in any way tufty, like if you get a random stray bit low down on the neck or its creeping up towards your eyes. A properly groomed beard is a thing of beauty. real men have to groom.

You have clip it to let it thicken, beards generally grow unevenly so clipping the faster growing hairs makes the beard thicker and more manly. A good beard needs tended like a good hedgerow or a rose bush. Take some pride in it, but remember, you're pruning not preening.

BoJack Horseman

You can too far wrong the other way though, don't follow your jaw line exactly, that's not where your neck line should be. Nothing worse than a neck line that's too high.

You can too far wrong the other way though, don't follow your jaw line exactly, that's not where your neck line should be. Nothing worse than a neck line that's too high.

Yeah I know what you mean, I take it pretty much to the inside of the underside of the jaw bone if that makes sense?

BoJack Horseman

Yeah I know what you mean, I take it pretty much to the inside of the underside of the jaw bone if that makes sense?

Sounds like it's too high. Do you follow the arc of your jaw? You really should be mirroring it.

Sounds like it's too high. Do you follow the arc of your jaw? You really should be mirroring it.

I do to an extent and it's probably a bit higher than purists would have but as my hair isn't dark it always looks more tapered than a rigid line anyway!

BoJack Horseman

I do to an extent and it's probably a bit higher than purists would have but as my hair isn't dark it always looks more tapered than a rigid line anyway!

img6783z.jpg

This guys is far too high, if it looks like that, get it lowered. That red line is where it should be.

This guy thinks he has a beard, but it's as bad as the chin strap posted above.

0S2ms.jpg

Notbrainwashed

I'm more of a permanent stubble kinda guy. If the beard gets too long, I look like I've been washing my face in Irn Bru so I use one of those beard trimmer things. Only occasionally clean shave properly. I hoped it would get darker the older I got, but all that happened is it started to go white/grey around my chin.

Kinda half way between the red line and the bottom picture tbh.

Never had anything looking like a chin strap but it is still a valid style of beard and dates back to the 18th century!

heartgarfunkel

You've got to keep your clunge sponge in good nick. Can't be looking like a tramp.

Quite. What's the consensus on shampooing the beard?

Tend to just use soap as with the rest of my face, but my beard is usually kept to about a 3, so I'm not at Cpt Haddock proportions.

If it is longer, sometimes it gets the shampoo treatment.

BoJack Horseman

Treat it like the hair upon my head. Gets shampooed as regularly.

Tend to just use soap as with the rest of my face, but my beard is usually kept to about a 3, so I'm not at Cpt Haddock proportions.

If it is longer, sometimes it gets the shampoo treatment.

I got the Captain Haddock patter in the co-op last night. Boy thought he was well funny. I took it as a compliment.

Day two.

Thicker and darker than I'd expected at this early stage. It's still more teenage Hispanic delivery boy than anything though.

Gave up on mine until I get a beard trimmer - it started to look fairly ridiculous after a week...the hairs just seem to grow straight out!!!

Gigolo-Aunt

Look like some South American warlord with a beard. Not had one in a few years - a few grey specks appearing unfortunately.

Hearts should open a section for men with Beards at Tynecastle.

Section B(eard).

A tribute to Paul Hartley.

Alan Johnson

Clean shaven man myself.

Never tried to grow a proper one, I look ridiculous enough with a bit of stubble. Saying that I am only 20.

See some fairly shan efforts on a uni campus though, wannabe hippy efforts all over the place and one boy I know who tried to grow one and ended up with about 2 months worth of bumfluff!

Kinda half way between the red line and the bottom picture tbh.

Never had anything looking like a chin strap but it is still a valid style of beard and dates back to the 18th century!

I'm about the same as you

Boaby Ewing

Must be day six now and while it's marginally better than I expected it is still very much a 'shan beard'.

Plenty of growth round the goatee area and neck but the rest is a bit chin strappy with not a lot higher up on the cheeks. Good news is it's black with no sly ginger creeping in like some folk.

Sticking with it for now as the burd seems to quite like it. The challenge will be Monday when I wake up likely hungover after a Sunday sesh built around the final + heading back to work after a week off. The temptation to de-tramp will be strong, even if I fancy seeing out the month.

The People's Chimp

Quite a few on this thread going for the wee ego boost with the beardy claims IMO.

Must be day six now and while it's marginally better than I expected it is still very much a 'shan beard'.

Plenty of growth round the goatee area and neck but the rest is a bit chin strappy with not a lot higher up on the cheeks. Good news is it's black with no sly ginger creeping in like some folk.

Sticking with it for now as the burd seems to quite like it. The challenge will be Monday when I wake up likely hungover after a Sunday sesh built around the final + heading back to work after a week off. The temptation to de-tramp will be strong, even if I fancy seeing out the month.

Stay strong comrade.

Maurice Moss

Not been clean shaven since summer. Far less hassle, looks better and keeps the face warm during the winter months. What more could you want.

Doctor FinnBarr

Goatee for years for this lad with the odd full monty.

As someone mentioned (Taz maybe) it can act as velcro when getting involved in certain, ahem, acts.

:disguise:

mattyw_1874

Worst part about growing it out for me is the shan tash, just makes me look like a right ****.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I got the Captain Haddock patter in the co-op last night. Boy thought he was well funny. I took it as a compliment.

:cool4:

I don't shave often. Unfortunately I didn't really start getting significant amounts of beard hair till I was about 18 so its still thickening up. On the road to a lavvy brush soon though.

I've got a pretty strong growth and hate shaving, so I've been growing one for a few weeks now. No patches and looking pretty good - the missus loves it. Have been trimming it a bit but going to the barbers today so will get it done properly.

Boaby Ewing

Still got it. Still looks pretty shite. :laugh:

Any tips for dealing with the itchiness. It's hit that stage.

BoJack Horseman

Still got it. Still looks pretty shite. :laugh:

Any tips for dealing with the itchiness. It's hit that stage.

Grin and bear it. Not a lot you can do. It passes pretty quickly.

Archived