'Fashion'

Locky

What is with half the gear that c**ts walk about wearing these days?

Saw a boy the other day up town who was dressed up like some kind of Lord with his big tache and pipe yet he was no much older than me.

Also, wearing trousers that are short in the leg? :facepalm:

Sorry, but if I ever turned up to school with trousers that were too short I'd get laughed right back out the door.

Not only that, but no wearing socks with trainers? That's schemie.

Chinos brigade, feck off.

People who dress up as 'geeks', feck off.

Dressing up like some 1930's detective, feck off.

:seething:

scott_jambo

I grew up in an era of "chavs" and full length kappa trackies etc...

Thank god people are dressing smarter these days. If you can't pull off the chino's don't try and get on other peoples backs.

scott_jambo

For the more fashionable of us, it looks like the white sports trainers, shan denim jeans and ill-fitting t shirt is looking very dated also. :pleasing: about time too.

I grew up in an era of "chavs" and full length kappa trackies etc...

Thank god people are dressing smarter these days. If you can't pull off the chino's don't try and get on other peoples backs.

There's ways to look smart without dressing like a complete and utter fud.

What's wrong with just a smart pair of jeans and a decent pair of shoes/trainers?

scott_jambo

What's wrong with just a smart pair of jeans and a decent pair of shoes/trainers?

Haha - see above. :) You are a dieing breed young man. Time to buy some proper trousers and stop weraring your NEXT jeans with the shan belt hanging down.

What is with half the gear that c**ts walk about wearing these days?

Saw a boy the other day up town who was dressed up like some kind of Lord with his big tache and pipe yet he was no much older than me.

Also, wearing trousers that are short in the leg? :facepalm:

Sorry, but if I ever turned up to school with trousers that were too short I'd get laughed right back out the door.

Not only that, but no wearing socks with trainers? That's schemie.

Chinos brigade, feck off.

People who dress up as 'geeks', feck off.

Dressing up like some 1930's detective, feck off.

:seething:

stop checking out the boys, and it won't annoy you as much

the 'smart pair of jeans and decent pair of shoes' brigade sound like squares

Private Womble

I wear whatever i want if i like it i buy it, dont really care if im fashionable.

Haha - see above. :) You are a dieing breed young man. Time to buy some proper trousers and stop weraring your NEXT jeans with the shan belt hanging down.

Jeans doesn't mean Next. Jeans can be designer which cost more than a pair of Chinos oot Primark.

Give me a pair of Adidas over these mad brown boots that c**ts wear.

Connor, they problem feel as stupid as you think they look. But that's not what moves them:

Jeans doesn't mean Next. Jeans can be designer which cost more than a pair of Chinos oot Primark.

Give me a pair of Adidas over these mad brown boots that c**ts wear.

i think you're the 'victim' my man...

Connor, they problem feel as stupid as you think they look. But that's not what moves them:

Burnistoun is bang on the cash again!

:yas:

dobmisterdobster

What baffles me are chavs who buy expensive clothing despite being on the dole.

Am I meant to be impressed by that?

All it proves is that you are shit at managing your money.

Your kids child benefit money is for your kids. Not for you to buy the latest designer sportswear!

Marty McFly

people who wear geek glasses that have no glass lenses in them,just wearing them for the look. wtf?

people who wear geek glasses that have no glass lenses in them,just wearing them for the look. wtf?

I think Katy Perry dressed up as a geek once in one of her videos, now kids think it's cool to look like that.

:vrface:

Funnily enough, Limmy in the first 15 secs of the video is exactly how I imagine the OP to dress like.

Looks like far less of a ^^^^ than 15 seconds onwards.

scott_jambo

Looks like far less of a ^^^^ than 15 seconds onwards.

Yes, well observed.

I fail to see your point?

Point being that what you imagine the OP to dress like is a lot better than the short legged, no socks, chinos brigade he was referring to.

Boaby Ewing

I bet you would.

:oohmatron:

###### into a corduroy pocket square as I type.

scott_jambo

Point being that what you imagine the OP to dress like is a lot better than the short legged, no socks, chinos brigade he was referring to.

Wearing grown up attire instead of denim jeans and adidas trainers should never be discouraged.

Wearing grown up attire instead of denim jeans and adidas trainers should never be discouraged.

Holy shit. Are you saying jeans and adidas trainers aren't for grown ups?

'grown up attire' brigade... square. you cannae knock a pair of sambas

I'm confused now.

Is it ok at 48 to wear a pair of denims with Sambas or not? :unsure:

I'm 34, so probably sneak into the "grown up" bracket, and am anxiously waiting for confirmation of the same thing.

PsychocAndy

There is a bloke that works near the Grassmarket that is the spit of the late James Robertson Justice and dresses like him too, and he looks as cool as fLick. I couldn't do it. 501's and Adidas for me.

They all dress how Topshop tell them to dress each to there own though folk follow fashion always have a few years ago everyone you seen was top to toe in gstar now its all preppy One Direction lookalikes i expect in a year or two it will be all different again.Its grown men who try to kick about like a teenager that is tragic.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Guest Bilel Mohsni

One thing that I've noticed is different nowadays is that the sources of fashion inspiration have changed somewhat for kids and young guys. When I was a kid it was the 'baggy' look like The Mondays and The Roses and then a few years later it was the Oasis look and then the American Hip-hop style.

Say what you want about early nineties indie, brit-pop/mid to late nineties indie or hip-hop... Regardless of whether you like those types of music, they were generally considered to be a bit edgy or cool at the time.

The guys that age now who dress like One Direction or Justin Bieber... I don't want to believe that they also listen to and enjoy these bands/artists... Surely not? Have things really changed that much in 15-20 years?

scott_jambo

I'm confused now.

Is it ok at 48 to wear a pair of denims with Sambas or not? :unsure:

No, you are 48 so should be wearing hi-tecs.

How many 30+ year olds do you see dressed in hipster gear? Its all kids following daft fads. Grown up attire indeed.

How many 30+ year olds do you see dressed in hipster gear? Its all kids following daft fads. Grown up attire indeed.

Truth is its just a really cheap look to pull off.I dont think kids have the money nowadays to buy designer gear so its all Topshop and Burtons.Mass market high street fashion,guys are turning more and more into birds all the time.

Gotta laugh at the guys copying Harry Styles et al. And then calling themselves grown up

Some silly immature people dressing like little children:

g15e15e00000000000025acdb008f8a6e2d176d0b12c5e3877a9a095b9c.jpg

gclooney042011_01-full.jpg

bcooperexcl120811_13-full.jpg

article-2268589-1727E0CE000005DC-207_306x706.jpg

Some refined adults showing these youngsters how to dress like grown ups:

fabulous-one-direction-poster2.jpg?w=550&h=410

hipsters.jpg

When will there a new fashion instead of a reprise of a previous one?

Anybody who takes "fashion" seriously, be it sambas, chinos or wigs, is a fud.

The People's Chimp

Truth is its just a really cheap look to pull off.I dont think kids have the money nowadays to buy designer gear so its all Topshop and Burtons.Mass market high street fashion,guys are turning more and more into birds all the time.

Things have improved immeasurably for kids though. In the 90s living in fife there wasn't a single shop that sold even half decent clobber, and you were stuck buying shan gear out of USC on a trip through to Edinburgh.

It's not a bad thing that kids today can go to topman (Not really my style, but it's good for a few basic t shirts and the odd jumper) and buy a pair of jeans, a plain t shirt or a shirt or jumper for a decent price and not look like total tramps. And they can do it in smaller towns as well, or online. It's basically more democratic, although it also means that any real authentic trends are bought up, repackaged and sold on for corporate profit.

It is fairly amusing that all the joey essex bell chiefs who, a year or two back, would shout abuse across the street at folk wearing skinny jeans are now stoating about in deep v t shirts, skinny jeans and plimsolls.

scott_jambo

4 photos of celebs and still can't find one wearing adidas trainers. :D

When will there a new fashion instead of a reprise of a previous one?

Anybody who takes "fashion" seriously, be it sambas, chinos or wigs, is a fud.

what a statement... what clothes do you wear? how do you avoid 'fashion'? are your clothes brandless, unique from style to cut to colour... or do you just wear what the wife buys you?

i'm going with the latter...

Can't believe the Michael Jackson/Wham short trousers/white socks look took 30 years to come back into fashion ...

wham-George-Michael-and-Andrew-Ridgeley-of-Wham-pictured-with-backing-sing-98541770.jpg

Some refined adults showing these youngsters how to dress like grown ups:

fabulous-one-direction-poster2.jpg?w=550&h=410

hipsters.jpg

the celebs like depp and pitt, i'm sure mix in different social circles to yourself. their image is part of the culture of their celebrity, they get paid to wear clothes and are pals with the designers!!!... as far as i can see, noone above is trying to be something they're not...

4 photos of celebs and still can't find one wearing adidas trainers. :D

All of them wearing jeans and not one of them in chinos at half-mast with no socks. :D

Archived