Pospisil away to Sint-Truidense

Moncs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7200075.stm

Hearts striker Michal Pospisil has signed for Belgian club Sint-Truidense.

The 27-year-old moved to Hearts from Slovan Liberec for ?300,000 in 2005, but has failed to establish himself in the first-team at Tynecastle.

Pospisil came off the bench during the 2-2 draw against Motherwell in last week's Scottish Cup fourth-round encounter at Tynecastle.

A spokesperson told the club's official website said: "Michael Pospisil leaves Hearts with our best wishes."

The Czech striker spent time on trial at Bristol City in January 2006, but returned to Edinburgh after failing to agree personal terms.

Pospisil made 58 appearances for the Edinburgh club, scoring 14 goals.

Meanwhile, midfielder Lina Pilibaitis has returned to Kaunas at the end of his loan spell from the Lithuanian champions, having made just five appearances for Hearts

Well i always liked pospisil but it was time for him to go and welll thank god pillow biter will never wear the maroon again

Suspect Device
I have read several reports about Micky's transfer but none quotes a transfer fee. Was his contract ripped up?

think it was 'up' in the summer, so we've let him go early to save on wages ?

I thought Pilibaitis left back in august anyway glad wee wont have to see him in a maroon jersey again:).....and all the best Michal thanks for the spot kick in the final.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Indeed, sad to see him go and feel he could have given a lot more for us if played more with a big striker.

All the best.

Never saw a fee quoted either so just assumed that he has been given an Ian Murray and had his contract ripped up. Good luck Mikey - sad to see your wife leave ;)

The positive side of me is hoping that his wages, plus most of Burley's other signings, can be taken up by a couple of QUALITY players to strengthen the team.

Be interesting to see the accounts as I reckon our wages will be about half of what they were when Vlad first took over. Can't see many signings in January or in the summer to be fair, but I would be delighted if we can't punt the dead wood and get the youngsters into the team.

Archived