'Bomber' Brown

Getintaethem

Interviewer: Do you think you can keep Dundee up this season?

Brown: 'We've got a mountain to climb, but I know a lot of people that have climbed mountains."

:wtf:

Take it he hasn't walked at all then? Sportsound were getting reports last night that the Bomber era was over before it had really begun after a big board room barney.

Such a strange appointment.

...a bit disco

Throbber indeed.

And some rocket on Dundees board though that this was the best man for the job?

tom_1538180a.jpg

Brown: 'We've got a mountain to climb, but I know a lot of people that have climbed mountains."

Expect Sherpa Tensing to be appointed assistant manager any time soon.

tartofmidlothian

Can I be the first to have a hearty :rofl: at the disaster he led them to today? In six league games this year they've conceded six goals, they almost equalled that today. In two previous games against Celtic they've conceded one less in total than today. Lennon must have told his team to give Brown a special welcome.

The possibility of a 17 point deduction getting us relegated grew smaller the day he appeared. I almost feel sorry for Dundee's fans, which is really saying something.

Anyone got any post-match quotes from him? Should be entertaining.

I'm surprised he wasn't more patronising than that.

The mans an arse.

We could get hit with the 17 point deduction now and still stay up, much more confident now Dundee have appointed Brown.

Take it he hasn't walked at all then? Sportsound were getting reports last night that the Bomber era was over before it had really begun after a big board room barney.

Such a strange appointment.

He was captain for dundee in the 80's before he went to the Hun. Almost signed for us failed medical with dodgy knees

The Real Maroonblood

He was captain for dundee in the 80's before he went to the Hun. Almost signed for us failed medical with dodgy knees

I remember that.

When he signed for them he got the traditional lobotomy.

...a bit disco

From 'Bummer' Broon's Wiki page...

'On 21 November 2007, Brown was announced as the new manager of Dumbarton. On November 22, however, it emerged that Brown had turned down the Dumbarton post due to personal reasons.'

:cornette:

I'd take McGlynn over that thug. Very strange appointment nevertheless.

He nearly played for us. Waldo pulled out of the deal, think it was his knee, and he moved to Glasgow instead.

He nearly played for us. Waldo pulled out of the deal, think it was his knee, and he moved to Glasgow instead.

And he always played well against us after that, raising his game. Was not very happy with Hearts - nor me happy with our medical staff when he went on to play in the Champions League.

One of the best players never to play for Scotland?

Fermit the Krog

Scored an absolute raker in the Scottish cup in the round after Foster 94.

And another heart was broken.

Archived