?100,000 off Lee Wallace....

Dr. Bapswent

Hearts have agreed to accept ?400,000 from Rangers as final payment for Lee Wallace. ?500,000 was due to be paid in the summer#BBCSPORTSCOT

Hmmmph.

Probably just as well - better to get it now, as we need it really badly, than wait and maybe not get it from them later.

Hearts have agreed to accept ?400,000 from Rangers as final payment for Lee Wallace. ?500,000 was due to be paid in the summer#BBCSPORTSCOT

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Do these guys pay any of their debts? Absolute disgrace.

@BBCBMcLauchlin

and

@BBCBMcLauchlin

Lithuanian Bank Ukio Bankas owned by Hearts majority shareholder collapsed with debts of around ?376 million#bbcsportscot

Hmmmph.

Probably just as well - better to get it now, as we need it really badly, than wait and maybe not get it from them later.

They may go bust again anyway. I think Rapid Vienna accepted a reduced deal also.

Not sure if this is a decent deal.... or a worrying development...

I'm tempted to go with the latter....

Sounds awfully like a panic decision. We can't afford to lose ?100k so there must be immediate and pressing problems which made them take this decision.

We are another SPL club. There is a rule against this. Regardless of whether Hearts and Rangers want to cut a deal - Rangers must pay their debts in full or the SPL should pick up the rest as they have a pot available.

We should take the ?400,000 then the new owners should challenge the legality of the deal struck between the two clubs and chase the remainder.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tell you what, if it wasn't for Rangers FC we'd be dead and buried by now.

Thank you, friends from the west.

Sounds awfully like a panic decision. We can't afford to lose ?100k so there must be immediate and pressing problems which made them take this decision.

Surely not connected to the dissolution of Ukio Bankas?

Could be we need cash to pay for stuff...

Or we are gathering in cash because we soon might not exist in which to claim the cash at all!

Oh dear...

BoJack Horseman

We can't lose money we never had. ?400k now obviously means a lot more to us than ?500k in the summer.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Smashing.

Could somebody please just buy our club and un-fasten the bondage equipment that has us prostrate over a barrel with our well-lubed bottom on display for any creep around to spank or pump the absolute shite out of. :mad:

Maybe Lee will offer some compensation to us... Like Boyd did when he waived his signing on fee from Rangers to help Killie? Nah? Wishful thinking, eh?

We have a ?500K tax bill due in May? So may be gathering as much together to help with that as well as with the running costs until the end of the season

Other clubs seem to have accepted a reduced payment and did we not offer to cut the amount for early settlement last year? ?400,000 won't save Vlad's bank but it may save us so it seems ok to me.

oh ah grantona

We have a ?500K tax bill due in May? So may be gathering as much together to help with that as well as with the running costs until the end of the season

This hopefully will be the reason with the 400k being ring fenced for this purpose

Anyone who thinks 400k we are getting now is being kept for May has chucked it. :lol:

Like everything at this club, they've probably barely thought about that and will make it up as they go along.

Francis Albert

I was never sure why all the outstanding Wallace money wasn't paid out of SPL prize money in line with the SPL rules when it all became due upon Rangers Oldco entering administration.

Anyway I think this is just another example of the hand to mouth existence we are living, and since the first thing some people fret about if there is a hint of trouble with Newco is "what about the Wallace money?" , it does at least eliminate one uncertainty about the future.

SectionDJambo

Rapid Vienna are pursuing old co for the rest of their money.

Will we do the same?

Won't get 100k but could get something.

If getting this in early saves possible penalties from hmrc for late payment of the first tax instalment, then it makes sense.

This, plus we were expecting to sell somebody else in the current windows. Maybe Zaliukas getting injured stopped his possible transfer to Young Boys?

Immediate shortfall from this made up?

This plus driver deals means we need cash desperately. I doubt it's being done in preparation of covering possible debts being called in. More the fact that cash flow is a much bigger issue that I feared.

We need to have money to trade now or were in real trouble. I don't see this as a positive if I'm honest. However, needs must and cash flow is life blood of any business.

Something slightly ironic about the Huns doing this.

I'll bet it was Hearts who made the call ...

Anyone who thinks 400k we are getting now is being kept for May has chucked it. :lol:

Like everything at this club, they've probably barely thought about that and will make it up as they go along.

Maybe I am giving them too much credit but we have to be making some plans to pay this bill, we have known about it since November and we simply cannot be late this time or HMRC will throw the book at us. Given that Rapid Vienna also agreed a settlement this week for Jelavic it may just be that Rangers are now working through their debts and making offers at the moment that are take it or leave it, therfore that could explain the timing.

Can't help thinking about how much our current shirt sponsers would have charged for a 3 month loan on 400K, surely no where near 100K.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Rangers... Bending us over and taking everything they want from us since 1874.

I'm just amazed that anyone connected with Hearts still views them with anything less than the contempt we all reserve for the mhanks and the vermin to be honest.

:yucky:

This hopefully will be the reason with the 400k being ring fenced for this purpose

It won't be ring fenced. Season ticket money will cover the first HMRC installment.

We desperately need cashflow to and in order:-

1) Pay HMRC PAYE/NI/VAT- rememeber no more late paying or it's straight to winding up order

2) Wages - next stop points deduction

3) Critical bills that could stop games being played.

On top of the many worries I have is that we could start using ticket money received for the Hibs game and League Cup Final as working capital and not in a position to hand over on time. That would be serious brown stuff.

Rangers... Bending us over and taking everything they want from us since 1874.

I'm just amazed that anyone connected with Hearts still views them with anything less than the contempt we all reserve for the mhanks and the vermin to be honest.

:yucky:

How do you know Hearts never approached them and made a deal?

Shall we just give them it back and go bust then to save face?

Tell you what, if it wasn't for Rangers FC we'd be dead and buried by now.

Thank you, friends from the west.

As horrible as it is.

It's true

:sob:

EDIT: Although we ourselves had a massive say in our club surviving.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alternatively they might be doing us a favour. Depressing times.

No, they really are not. It is anything but a ******* favour pal. It may be what we need in order to keep going but it is certainly not a ducking favour to pay 100k less on a debt due to the receiver being skint.

Francis Albert

Can't help thinking about how much our current shirt sponsers would have charged for a 3 month loan on 400K, surely no where near 100K.

Yes nowhere near 100k. More like a few million at their interest rates.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How do you know Hearts never approached them and made a deal?

Shall we just give them it back and go bust then to save face?

I'm 100% certain we did approach them... Galling as it is.

No, they really are not. It is anything but a ******* favour pal. It may be what we need in order to keep going but it is certainly not a ducking favour to pay 100k less on a debt due to the receiver being skint.

The debt isn't actually due yet.

:lol:

Less than my bank would for my overdraft.

You're right; it would have been more like 800k.

The Real Maroonblood

Probably Hearts have shit themselves.

Correct.

I know.

So there is the favour. Yeah they are getting a dam good deal out of this but they could have sat back and watch us die.

Footballfirst

It can only be viewed as another ominous sign that the anticipated shortfall has not been closed or that expectations of income from STs has fallen with the uncertainty around Ukio Bankas' collapse.

There are all sorts of possibilities of what the pressing need for cash now is. My hunch is that we only met last months wages by delaying PAYE/NIC/VAT once again. One of the conditions of HMRC agreeing the staged payments on the ?1.5M was that were were up to date with their payments. It may be that the ?400K will therefore be destined for the taxman.

However it then leaves another hole of ?500K in the summer as that sum must have been included in income forecasts going forward. It is again looking decidedly dodgy whether or not the club will get to the end of the season far less start next season without further alarms.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So there is the favour. Yeah they are getting a dam good deal out of this but they could have sat back and watch us die.

I don't see that as a favour.

It's beneficial to them... Ergo not what I would class as a favour. Giving them far more credit than they deserve for opportunisticly picking peanuts out of poo.

I don't see that as a favour.

It's beneficial to them... Ergo not what I would class as a favour. Giving them far more credit than they deserve for opportunisticly picking peanuts out of poo.

Obviously it is beneficial to us aswell ?

Gregory House M.D.

Club has a ?300-400k shortfall to plug accepts ?400k on the spot instead of ?500k when it's too late Shockeroonie.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Obviously it is beneficial to us aswell ?

Yes it obviously must be.

It is far from being what I would class as a favour though.

Archived