Loudest handball shout ever??

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

After watching the game back last night in the 56th minute just outside the hobo`s box, Velicka nicks the ball past one of the vermin (maybe boozy) and he blatantly sticks his arm out to block it, then all you can hear is a cry off "handball" from the whole of our support, pretty impressive when you hear it on the tv, shame our biased officials missed what 15000 could so clearly see!!!

I was straight in line and going by he rules of the game it was a handball. Beuzelin moved his arm away from his body into the balls path. Should have been a free kick in a good position.

I was thinking about that after it happened - I don't think I'd ever heard that many people yell 'handball' at exactly the same time. Normally you get a bunch of folk who had the clearest line of vision, accompanied a split second later by those who just join in. But Saturday's shout was clear as a bell and came across brilliantly on the telly...thousands of people can't be wrong....

If nothing else, it serves as yet another example of just how rubbish the ref was...not that it'll make any bloody difference.... :rolleyes:

Was that the one on our left? Think it was their right back McCann.

To be fair, Clark was unsighted I think (he had the same angle as the TV camera), but from the main stand it was a blatant handball.

The aerially challenged linesman on the main stand had a clear view though - and didn't give it.

The aerially challenged linesman on the main stand had a clear view though - and didn't give it.

The aerially challenged linesman on the main stand gave nothing all day, couldn't call a taxi never mind a foul:confused:

Was that the one on our left? Think it was their right back McCann.

To be fair, Clark was unsighted I think (he had the same angle as the TV camera), but from the main stand it was a blatant handball.

Correct. Clark looked to the linesman for a call, but the linesman said hee-haw.

I'm at the halfway line in the Wheatfield and couldn't see it touched his hand, all I seen was the entire Main stand jump up at once and shout "hand-ball".

What is the odds that they won't show that on Scotsport.

The Old Tolbooth

I thought the ref had a shocker on Saturday, for us anyway!

We were discussing the amount of free kicks against Hibs in the game and reckoned it was somehow under 10 and that ours would be over 20, I havent seen the official stats for this yet so am still guessing.

U had to laugh at a hobo on Sat night who thought that the ref was all for us, I'm guessing he either fell asleep at the match or lost his glasses! How any hobo could possibly think that Clark was on our side is completely beyond me!

Archived