Zaliukas v Pressley

Jambo-Chappy

Shat on Hearts to curry favour with a shower of lowlifes who still ended up hating him!

LEGEND!

07.png

That's the most tragic thing about the whole episode.

He tried to lick their arses like you wouldn't believe, most visibly by disrespecting the team who had given him so much over the years, yet they still ******* despised him :rofl:

You know it's bad when even the Tims can see right through your serpentine ways.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, whoever said Pressley thumped the badge in front of Celtic fans only is wrong. And not a chance in hell he was doing it to get the Celtic fans on his side, you're bending truths to suit your own agenda. A small gesture? Steven Pressley was one of my biggest heroes, and then he turns round and takes a massive shite on the club. Disgusting.

This is my thoughts on the matter, even after all these years & in all sobriety.

A ****ing horrible thing to do by anyone's standards.

As a captain and leader, Zaliukas pumped money into the club through shares and taking time out of his life to attend auctions and bid large amounts of money for his own top.

Pressley realised he was no longer first pick and decided to split the men he captained from the men who paid his wages.

There is no contest.

That is a very good post, Alan.

Know who I would want to be in the trenches with.

Well, it's no Pressley & it's no Zal.

:kirk:

Well then, either it's you or it's post reported time B)

I'll go with whoever it was who paid more than a tenner for doughnuts the day :smuggy:

I agree that Zal is the better human being. I agree that Zal has captained us magnificently throughout a very tough period. I agree that Zal has been a brilliant player for us. There's no denying that.

I'm just very grateful that we've had the privilege to watch some great centre backs play for Hearts in recent times. Pressley and Zaliukas being two of them.

Time to put your personal obsession with myself to one side, Jabba. Let it slide......

I can't pal, you're infuriating.

It's not your opinions that get me, it's your attitude to anyone who's opinion differs from your's. if they don't agree its cos they're a daft laddie. You're xenophobic beyond belief but see yourself as some sort of all knowing sage.

You suck.

I'll go with whoever it was who paid more than a tenner for doughnuts the day :smuggy:

**** off.

You have to do these things sometimes with 3 kids in tow.

Still, I'll give you that one.

:lol:

Come on Tommy, you can't tell other posters to not get precious and to grow up ..... And then threaten to turn into a 'McPake-type' grass if someone infers that you are a bit of a 'gentlemans private parts'???

I expected better from you.......

;-)

Both captains of th club at difficult times. Both lifted the big cup. Both great players for us at times. If I could only sign one of em now I'd probably sign Zal. Really grew into his role and, just for his sense of humour he pips it for me.

Come on Tommy, you can't tell other posters to not get precious and to grow up ..... And then threaten to turn into a 'McPake-type' grass if someone infers that you are a bit of a 'gentlemans private parts'???

I expected better from you.......

;-)

You're not very clever, are you, Old School? :(

Marius Zaliukas, Scottish Cup winning captain, is on a par with Alan McManus?

1229585189258.gif

:rofl:

Imagine even having that though, then thinking about typing it, then proceeding to type it and them topping the lot by posting it after seeing it there in all its glory.

Mental.

Marius Zaliukas, Scottish Cup winning captain, is on a par with Alan McManus?

1229585189258.gif

:rofl:

Imagine even having that thought, then thinking about typing it, then proceeding to type it and them topping the lot by posting it after seeing it there in all its glory.

Mental.

You're not very clever, are you, Old School? :(

And, evidently, neither are you......as you completely misread the tone of my 'tongue-in-cheek' post....

Never mind. I'm just a old xenophobic that sucks apparently. Oooer. ;-)

Elvis was a better player than most on here give him credit for. On top form he was fantastic.

Zal has improved, and proved me wrong, greatly. Webster and Elvis is the dream team though.

I think we were playing Dunfermline and he had to go off for stitches 3 or 4 times, the same cut, the ball comes up, bang out it goes again, new stitches.

Zal has captained the club to our best result and I will have nothing bad said about him, but Elvis, by a short head, everytime.

As I was at Robbie's testimonial and cheered him, seemingly I'm an arsehole. Ta, I'm always described as a wee bit more in front of that on a ladies anatomy.

And his dog's called Pongo.

Careful, Jabba, careful ....... Thin, thin ice.

I suggest we set aside your personal obsession and get back 'on topic'?

And, evidently, neither are you......as you completely misread the tone of my 'tongue-in-cheek' post....

No, I read it fine Old School. Strange chap. And not a very clever one at that.

;)

Xenophobe. Xenophobic would be the adjective so no, not very clever.

Not very funny either if the post was tongue in cheek.

Elvis was a better player than most on here give him credit for. On top form he was fantastic.

Zal has improved, and proved me wrong, greatly. Webster and Elvis is the dream team though.

I think we were playing Dunfermline and he had to go off for stitches 3 or 4 times, the same cut, the ball comes up, bang out it goes again, new stitches.

Zal has captained the club to our best result and I will have nothing bad said about him, but Elvis, by a short head, everytime.

As I was at Robbie's testimonial and cheered him, seemingly I'm an arsehole. Ta, I'm always described as a wee bit more in front of that on a ladies anatomy.

Strange example to pick if you're trying to demonstrate to the folk who never rated him that he was a good footballer and not a clogger, is it not? :lol:

Zaliukas. Quality player, respected leader, great captain, genuine club legend & all round good lad.

Pressley. None of the above. Lesser player, not respected by his peers, superficially good captain, superficial club 'legend' & a bit of an erse.

I trust this wraps things up.

This.... and a Judas to boot!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Pressley was an excellent CB for us. A ######, as it turns out, but very effective and gave his all for the shirt while in the park.

Zal is 100 times the man though.

Xenophobe. Xenophobic would be the adjective so no, not very clever.

Not very funny either if the post was tongue in cheek.

Seriously, just leave it eh?

Pressley did what he did for much longer and made fewer mistakes.

Zal's progress the last two or three years has been phenomenal. Actually, he's been a big player for us since Csaba started, if not before.

It's always entertaining reading the easily-offended posts about Pressley. He did what? Thumped his chest? The bid bad man did that and it's not fair. Boo hoo.

If I needed to make a choice..........I'd choose Pressley.

Fortunately I dont need to mske a choice and I can enjoy the fact that they both captained Hearts to cup wins.

Next cup winning captain = Webster.

That kind of pedantic, repetitive pish is quite annoying eh?

My work here is done ;-)

Nope. Just trying to get this thing back on topic and stop you making a fool of yourself by turning the thread into your personal obsession against me.

So far you have claimed I suck, I'm a xenophobe, and I'm patronising (and dont think I didnt 'get' your childish umbongo, congo, pongo inferences. Subtle as a brick!!!)

And all because I think Pressley is a better player and leader than Zal........Wow!!!!

Nope. Just trying to get this thing back on topic and stop you making a fool of yourself by turning the thread into your personal obsession against me.

So far you have claimed I suck, I'm a xenophobe, and I'm patronising (and dont think I didnt 'get' your childish umbongo, congo, pongo inferences. Subtle as a brick!!!)

And all because I think Pressley is a better player and leader than Zal........Wow!!!!

Can I ask you something OH?

Why did you deny that you were Old School but now you are giving it all the signature wee winks as if you are chuffed that you've fooled everyone? Very awkward, deviant behaviour.

Not because of that, no.

Lots of people have that opinion, that's fine. I disagree but I don't think there's much between them in terms of their importance to the team they played in.

As for the references above, clearly they were intended not to be subtle.

Enjoy the rest of ur trolling, I'm outta here.

P.S. are you TW's alter ego cos it seems you only exist to provide him with a pretty weak sparring partner and he kinda likes himself so his narcissism would explain all the creepy winky faces.

HAHAHAHA :rofl:

I'm Old School's alter ego :lol: Enjoyed that one.

You do know that narcissism thing is just to wind up dafties on JKB aye? :lol:

Can I ask you something OH?

Why did you deny that you were Old School but now you are giving it all the signature wee winks as if you are chuffed that you've fooled everyone? Very awkward, deviant behaviour.

Jesus this is getting utterly tiresome.

I will repeat for the hard of thinking ...... I do NOT post on any other board, other than Jambos Kickback.

Now, can we stop the personal obsessions please??

Jesus this is getting utterly tiresome.

I will repeat for the hard of thinking ...... I do NOT post on any other board, other than Jambos Kickback.

Now, can we stop the personal obsessions please??

You have though.

You have though.

I have though what?? ..... Posted on more than one messageboard?

Ok, I will go slowly, just for you......

I HAVE NEVER POSTED (you keeping up Scott?) ON PIE & BOVRIL.

Sorted?

Think it's often overlooked that Pressley made his fair share of mistakes too. I recently re- watched our 05-06 season video again and Webster gets him out of jail a fair few times. Also That red card v Dunfermline when 2-0 up at home was pretty awful.

Both great ambassadors and players while at the club.

But it's Zal for me. He bought his own top for a grand

I have though what?? ..... Posted on more than one messageboard?

Ok, I will go slowly, just for you......

I HAVE NEVER POSTED (you keeping up Scott?) ON PIE & BOVRIL.

Sorted?

:sob:

As a captain and leader, Zaliukas pumped money into the club through shares and taking time out of his life to attend auctions and bid large amounts of money for his own top.

Pressley realised he was no longer first pick and decided to split the men he captained from the men who paid his wages.

There is no contest.

Well said AP

Strange example to pick if you're trying to demonstrate to the folk who never rated him that he was a good footballer and not a clogger, is it not? :lol:

I forgot to put the stitches were on his forehead, but it is just my opinion and I'm not trying to demonstrate to other folk anything. My opinion is all I have given and if your opinion is different, who cares. I don't.

I forgot to put the stitches were on his forehead, but it is just my opinion and I'm not trying to demonstrate to other folk anything. My opinion is all I have given and if your opinion is different, who cares. I don't.

I actually thought he was good for Hearts and better than some are giving him credit for. It's just that example of the stitches fits in perfectly with the criticisms others have made that he was all blood and thunder, and not enough technique.

One thing about Pressley, though - biggest cheating diver ever seen in a Hearts jersey. I used to cringe/pish myself when he did his wee swan dives after his touch got him into trouble :lol:

It was only later that I realised how much of a dick he was in an opposing team :muggy:

HAHAHAHA :rofl:

I'm Old School's alter ego :lol: Enjoyed that one.

You do know that narcissism thing is just to wind up dafties on JKB aye? :lol:

I know, give me some credit. I get your tone. I was poking fun at the irony of his obsession with obsessively calling me obsessive for obsessively trolling him twice.

He is quite infatuated with you though, Tommy boy ;-)

I'm not going to get involved in an argument here mate as I've already said I rate and have a lot of time for Zal but Elvis was a lot better at not making mistakes, getting red cards, positionally, bringing on the youngsters and not being afraid to try to referee a match. He also stood up to the plate to take important penalties, eg late winner at Easter road.

Zal beats him on penalties though, I like a captain who takes the first penalty in important games and sticks them in the top corner like against ICT at easter road.

Put it this way, if Elvis, Webster and Zal were all the same age and at Hearts at the same time, Elvis and Webster would be in the team and Zal would be a very able deputy.

I would say that Pressley wasn't shy in the taking penalties department either, in fact he was the regular penalty taker for a while and didn't miss many.

In terms of who was the better player, IMO Zaliukas is the better footballer. He passes the ball better than Pressley did, has a better touch and more pace. Both were good in the air, but Pressley probably just shades it in this department. Pressleys positional sense was also better.

In terms of Leadership, Pressley was probably the more inspirational Captain.

So who was better? Well If I had to pick the team and could only play one of the two, then my choice would be Zaliukas.

Archived