Steve Banks is a nice bloke.

Serge

Anyone else notice him tell Kenny Clark not to book Fletcher after the two had bumped together.

What a nice bloke...

Was not impressed with that. Unprofessional stuff from Banks. Fletcher was clearly having a cheap shot and should have been punished.

Notice that the referee only gave a goal kick, and not a foul!

Anyone else notice him tell Kenny Clark not to book Fletcher after the two had bumped together.

What a nice bloke...

Banks is becoming a great ambassador for the club, a true gent and pro!!

Just hope he does'nt sign for Celtic

Consumate professional and a decent keeper. Saw just how much the club/win meant to him at the end.

England's No1!

Was not impressed with that. Unprofessional stuff from Banks. Fletcher was clearly having a cheap shot and should have been punished.

He was hardly being unprofessional.

I don't think Banks was being unprofessional but i agree with everything else.

He was hardly being unprofessional.

He was hit with a cheap shot by a player who should have been booked. I am not sure that Clark would have booked Fletcher anyway - but I thought Banks was unprofessional to get involved. Fletcher might have picked up another booking in the game - and bookings tot up for bans too.

You are joking surely, IMHO Banks went up in the estimation of lots of Hearts fans in attendance , for the manner in which he was prepared to stick up for a fellow professional and get on with the game,as opposed to trying to shaft him[ no pun intended] unlike in the Killie game, with Clum Elliott & Locke.

DuffJimmy1875
You are joking surely, IMHO Banks went up in the estimation of lots of Hearts fans in attendance , for the manner in which he was prepared to stick up for a fellow professional and get on with the game,as opposed to trying to shaft him[ no pun intended] unlike in the Killie game, with Clum Elliott & Locke.

And Hibs fans - he was appluaded from our end for doing that.

Besides the fact he clearly loved beating us :mad: he's obviously a great professional that has been mistreated by Romanov and will - from your point of view - hopefully be guarenteed a 1st team start if Frail acrtually has any degree of real decision-making power.

Commander Harris
And Hibs fans - he was appluaded from our end for doing that.

Besides the fact he clearly loved beating us :mad: he's obviously a great professional that has been mistreated by Romanov and will - from your point of view - hopefully be guarenteed a 1st team start if Frail acrtually has any degree of real decision-making power.

how? Banks can't feel too mistreated if he signs a 2 and a half year extension.

DuffJimmy1875
how? Banks can't feel too mistreated if he signs a 2 and a half year extension.

Err well I'd feel a bit peeved if Kurskis and Basso had been shoehorned into the team ahead of me.

A dream team of Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see that Banks is the best keeper at Hearts at the moment. IMHO of course

Commander Harris
Err well I'd feel a bit peeved if Kurskis and Basso had been shoehorned into the team ahead of me.

A dream team of Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see that Banks is the best keeper at Hearts at the moment. IMHO of course

With Kurskis you have a point, however I'd say there's not much between Basso and Banks. Banks had not been playing particularly well and we tried out our other options - that's hardly what you are describing.

Kudos for being a "gent" about it.

However - maybe i'm being a bit cynical when I say it, but are we really in a position for such niceities??

Had the shoe been on the other foot and it had been Velicka making a similar challenge on Makalamity (already on a yellow after his "dive" remember.....) would the Hibs keeper / fans have acted the same way?? Would. They. Feck. They'd all be screaming and shouting and dancing on their seats calling for second yellow and a red.

Fletcher was a silly boy. He should have gone in the book. Regardless of what Steve Banks opinion on the matter was.

I think it is MORE professional to save an opposition player from getting a yellow card if you feel it was an accident/unintentional.

The game is way too cynical these days and I still think (hope): what goes around comes around.

Banks was a good example to younger players on Saturday

cardboardcutout

banks is a quality footballer and like most pros probably feels the game is becoming like basketball ie non-contact!

You dont have to hate the opposition, just beat them!

I think it is MORE professional to save an opposition player from getting a yellow card if you feel it was an accident/unintentional.

The game is way too cynical these days and I still think (hope): what goes around comes around.

Banks was a good example to younger players on Saturday

Fair play if that is what Banks thought it was.

My view was that Fletcher took a cheap shot at Banks.

Banks clipped Fletcher by mistake as he was running away and apologised - hardly unporfessional.

:confused:

Banks clipped Fletcher?

O'RLY?

However - maybe i'm being a bit cynical when I say it, but are we really in a position for such niceities??

Had the shoe been on the other foot and it had been Velicka making a similar challenge on Makalamity (already on a yellow after his "dive" remember.....) would the Hibs keeper / fans have acted the same way?? Would. They. Feck. They'd all be screaming and shouting and dancing on their seats calling for second yellow and a red.

Fletcher was a silly boy. He should have gone in the book. Regardless of what Steve Banks opinion on the matter was.

I think you are quite correct in surmising what THEY would have done, but right now we need all the 'good press' we can get. However I don't imagine that was anywhere in Banksy's mind at the time..........he just appears to be a top bloke. We had him :dribble:at Bonnyrigg Hearts dance and he spoke very eloquently indeed :)

Actually I think he would. Say what you like about the new Zibby, he does come across as a quiet, decent chap.

As for the hibs fans applauding Banksy - a rare moment of class from that lot.

banks is a quality footballer and like most pros probably feels the game is becoming like basketball ie non-contact!

You dont have to hate the opposition, just beat them!

Is that why he has been playing in the lower reaches of England all his career? Not having a pop at the guy but just shows how far we have fallen when he is rated one of our better players.

Is that why he has been playing in the lower reaches of England all his career? Not having a pop at the guy but just shows how far we have fallen when he is rated one of our better players.

Gillingham etc Horse. Shows how far we have gone backwards. Still Romanov knows best. :mad:

Think that Banks has been in the game long enough to read the situation. Fletcher was hoping to get a reaction out of him but he was wise to it and handled it very well IMO

Gillingham etc Horse. Shows how far we have gone backwards. Still Romanov knows best. :mad:

The excitement when he signed his new contract summed it up really.:527:

A good keeper, and seems like a good professional. Anybody after Craig Gordon was gonna be hard to replace. Banksy will do for me.

Archived