Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Do The Dance

A new Krispy Kreme shop has opened at Hermiston Gait today, drove by earlier on way into HG. Long queue back to the roundabout at end of M8 and large walk in queue as well.

They're decent, but will be waiting a few days til the place dies down a bit!

Never tried them though I'm a big donut fan.

I'll wait until the excitement dies down and pop along.

One guy camped out in a tent last night.

:vrface:

300 people waiting in the snow for it to open this morning. Crazy *******s.

Another reason this country will continue to be fat....

Dunkin' Donuts were WAY better

Warning: addictive. Very addictive.

It can be bizarrely difficult to get a simple Krispy Kreme iced donut with strawberry filling though. Never quite understood why this is TBH.

Love krispy kreme donuts. They were doing promo stuff a few months back and handing out dozen boxes at various places. There were thousands lining up around st enoch's square.

Doesnt compete with a guy setting up a tent though.

Some geezer camped out for a day to be first in!

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/going-out/articles/213733-krispy-kreme-super-fan-camps-outside-hermiston-gait-ahead-of-opening/

I know theyre good donuts but unless Megan Fox and Emma Watson in baby oil were the prize.....

some people really need to get a life.

Reminds me of the guy who camped outside a Waterstones for about 3 days so he could be first to buy one of the Harry Potter books.

"A little sweet puffy cloud". What a complete plonker! He must also use a Unix based OS on his computer, therefore gets laid about as often as he has to reboot it.

BoJack Horseman

Roasters who've never had any of their doughnuts in their life, creaming themselves on Facebook about this :facepalm:

That's the worst part. Fair enough if you're a big fan and are looking forward to having a steady supply in your city. But the folk that have literally never tasted one of them in their life absolutely creaming themselves over this are grade A wallopers. Hate them all.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The fuss over this shite is doing my nut in.

It's a ******* doughnut ffs.

The new Nandos. Cretins.

"A little sweet puffy cloud". What a complete plonker! He must also use a Unix based OS on his computer, therefore gets laid about as often as he has to reboot it.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Jokes about what operating system someone might use will get you laid as much as queuing for donuts will.

Who puts the holes on the donuts though?

:look:

The guy that camped out really loves krispy kreme. I mean he really loves them.

BoJack Horseman

The fuss over this shite is doing my nut in.

It's a ******* doughnut ffs.

The new Nandos. Cretins.

Spot on.

Snake Plissken

There's a Krispy Kreme across the road from me and a Dunkin' Donuts round the corner, the latter is far superior.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Jokes about what operating system someone might use will get you laid as much as queuing for donuts will.

Knowing a secret about... and so forth..

Further proof that the majority of people are simpletons and arseholes.

Nandos for main and Krispy Kreme for pudding FFS. A chavs dream date.

BoJack Horseman

Probably whilst clad in their finest Hollister gear.

I am delighted that this has pissed off soo many folk. These are the people telling others to get a life. Pantwetters. :facepalm:.

Let people enjoy a fecking doughnut ffs.

Just passed there 1 hour ago, had to go to Tesco, there is a queue of traffic round the roundabout and also up the slip road, also a huge queue of people outside, for a feckin donut, ffs get a grip :strewth:

Probably whilst clad in their finest Hollister gear.

sad, but true.

I am delighted that this has pissed off soo many folk. These are the people telling others to get a life. Pantwetters. :facepalm:.

Let people enjoy a fecking doughnut ffs.

Where about in the queue are you?

But - while I do take your point, of course - what is actually wrong with either Nando's or Krispy Kreme? You wouldn't take a date there, no - but they're both decent if you ask me.

Such snobs on this thread. Many of whom probably posted some of the most alarming stuff on the Shan thread too. :lol:

I'm going tomorrow evening, on the way home, so there better be some left.

I have had the before, and Dunkin Do'nuts, and they are both great,

I'm a Levi's man, I don't follow childish fashions.

Never been to Nandos.

i can echo peoples sentiments about people queuing or camping out for (why, really why) for donuts. Having not tried them before I am curious so will try them once the mad rush and huge queues are gone

BoJack Horseman

But - while I do take your point, of course - what is actually wrong with either Nando's or Krispy Kreme? You wouldn't take a date there, no - but they're both decent if you ask me.

Such snobs on this thread. Many of whom probably posted some of the most alarming stuff on the Shan thread too. :lol:

It's not the product on offer that's the problem Shaun, it's the sheer blind loyalty that these people have to a brand. Nando's is an average at best chicken joint, but you get plebs making a big deal of it every time they go. "OMGZ Can't wait for NANDOS with MA PAL!" type shite. Same with this Krispy Kreme malarky. The majority of the folk in that queue probably don't even like doughnuts, and even if they do, it's doubtful they have them on even a semi-regular basis. But because it's "Krispy Kreme" and it's new and exclusive, it's suddenly the must have food item.

It's not the product on offer that's the problem Shaun, it's the sheer blind loyalty that these people have to a brand. Nando's is an average at best chicken joint, but you get plebs making a big deal of it every time they go. "OMGZ Can't wait for NANDOS with MA PAL!" type shite. Same with this Krispy Kreme malarky. The majority of the folk in that queue probably don't even like doughnuts, and even if they do, it's doubtful they have them on even a semi-regular basis. But because it's "Krispy Kreme" and it's new and exclusive, it's suddenly the must have food item.

Certainly agree with all of that though. It's very odd: Western culture is supposed to celebrate and encourage the individual - yet the exact opposite is what seems to result a lot of the time.

Tailback right along the bypass because of people queueing for feckin DOUGHNUTS?!

I don't understand this world any more.

I didn't realise that's what the queue was for, I thought they were just trying to avoid the bypass as there was an accident on it.

:facepalm:

Would have been funny if somebody moved his tent in the night and he woke up outside Halfords.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Deep fried sugary dough & add some sugary icing or some sugary jam, even just sugar !

Perfect for the lardy types that like sitting in front of a PC posting on here morning, noon & night.

Heart attacks waiting to happen.

Shut it fatty.

:cool4:

In all seriousness, its more like the reasons Roger H Sterling gave. Its the same rimjobs that constantly spout shite about Nandos, KK and those bloody A&F shops. They tend to be complete chav magnets and people bang on about them as though they are amazing.

Nandos is utterly shit. You'll never convince me otherwise. The sides are tiny and you have to practically serve yourself. Its less hassle to cook the bloody chicken yourself. Getting your own juice and cutlery? **** off.

BoJack Horseman

They sell them in the tescos down in London. They're quite nice but they're just glazed doughnuts as far as im aware? :laugh?

They'll be in tesco here soon enough. They are exactly just glazed doughnuts. Just as nandos is just chicken. It's all in the marketing. They clearly know their sheep audience.

Had them in New York an they are lovely but not worth queuing for.

So a few of us chipped in to have one of the girls in the team to pick some up on her way in.

She was in at 8 an hour after they opened and she was apparently customer 760!!!

If Stevie Wonder tickets for a gig in Scotland are released....I'll queue.

If the Kinks reformed.....I'd queue....

Hearts cup final tickets.....I'd queue.....

A new brand of doughnut.............wtf?

They'll be in tesco here soon enough. They are exactly just glazed doughnuts. Just as nandos is just chicken. It's all in the marketing. They clearly know their sheep audience.

"exactly just"? seems a bit overkill - what else would they be? They're nice donuts. Nicer than the ones you'd get in a supermarket as they're frozen and re-heated. Let people have their fun. It's not hurting you - or did your 'live and let live' diatribe on i8 and religion not have any parallel?

"All of that, Roger, and I mean all of it, I agree with. But, that still doesn't answer my question. All you've done is list the absurdities of idiots following fads. Things that we all already know. My point is that, as you say, idiots following fads is so engrained in our society and there's nothing you can do about that, so why not let it go? It's not going to go away. Certainly not in your life time. So why spend so much time fretting over it? If idiots wants to bow down to some donut, let them. That's their prerogative. They're not going to change, you're not going to change. The way they lives their life does not affect how you live yours. It's easier to accept and to tune it out than to bleat on about it."

Archived