Zal today

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Didnt see or hear the game today, am a pure unterfan obvs.

What happened to him? Any word on how he is?

The Old Tolbooth

I might be wrong because I haven't had the benefit of watching the incident again, but it looked to me like Russell went through him, deliberately taking him out in the process, looked a sore one and there's no way he was going for the ball. Result? Not even a talking to by the referee, his mind was clearly made up today with how he wanted the game to end!

From BBC

If being a goal down was bad news for John McGlynn, there was a further blow for the Hearts boss when Zaliukas, having headed the ball clear, landed on Russell's foot and badly twisted his left ankle.

I might be wrong because I haven't had the benefit of watching the incident again, but it looked to me like Russell went through him, deliberately taking him out in the process, looked a sore one and there's no way he was going for the ball. Result? Not even a talking to by the referee, his mind was clearly made up today with how he wanted the game to end!

It was nothing like that. Zal and Russell both went up for a header and Zal landed awkwardly on his ankle. It looks serious.

It was nothing like that. Zal and Russell both went up for a header and Zal landed awkwardly on his ankle. It looks serious.

True.

From the stand it looked like Russell done him but infact Zal landed on Russell's foot and went over on his ankle looked a sore one

mahgrassyshoes

Didn't think Russell had any of intention of playing that ball. Didn't mean to **** zal's ankle either, but it was avoidable.

alwaysthereinspirit

In other news, SFA referee Willie Colums coupon came in!

In all seriousness. What odds do you get on a red card being shown or more specifically to a certain team. Surprised bookies take this bet.

portobellojambo1

Didnt see or hear the game today, am a pure unterfan obvs.

What happened to him? Any word on how he is?

He and Russell went for a ball together, although saying Russell was actually going for the ball is almost certainly inaccurate, and on the way down it looked as if Zaliukas stood on Russell's foot causing him to land awkwardly and twist his ankle (that is what it looked like to me at the match, but I ain't had a chance to see it on TV yet)

Fermit the Krog

I love Marius. Today ain't a good day. Godspeed big man, Godspeed.

:sob:

What I will say is it will give Webster and Barr game time together ahead of the final.

Every cloud.

:smile:

jambos are go!

Having just watched the entire game on Alba Likely Lads style Zal fell awkwardly on the Turf but it did look like a bad injury.

He and Russell went for a ball together, although saying Russell was actually going for the ball is almost certainly inaccurate, and on the way down it looked as if Zaliukas stood on Russell's foot causing him to land awkwardly and twist his ankle (that is what it looked like to me at the match, but I ain't had a chance to see it on TV yet)

No interest in the ball whatsoever from Russell. Collum is utterly inept.

Looks like it was a sore one by all accounts. Incidentally, Collum is utterly inept irrispective of this, the guy's a proper bawsack!

I've twisted my ankle a few times and it looks the same as zals did when he came off, pain lasts about 3 or 4 days

tartofmidlothian

What I will say is it will give Webster and Barr game time together ahead of the final.

Every cloud.

Very good point (your last one).

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Could be a problem if we are trying to shift him outside of the window as suggested in the shareholder meeting thread.

Every cloud.

Another Big Cup final winning player bites the dust :10800:

Haven't seen it again but it looked at the time as if Russell made no attempt to play the ball and quite blatantly knocked into Zal while he was airborne, causing him to land badly.

Obviously can't have been that bad as Russell wasn't booked and Collum even seemed to be having a wee laugh with Russell after Zal was stretchered off, and as we all know he is scrupulously fair....

Haven't seen it again but it looked at the time as if Russell made no attempt to play the ball and quite blatantly knocked into Zal while he was airborne, causing him to land badly.

Obviously can't have been that bad as Russell wasn't booked and Collum even seemed to be having a wee laugh with Russell after Zal was stretchered off, and as we all know he is scrupulously fair....

Just seen it again and I stand by this 100%.

Archived