The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

michael_bolton

Speaking of the highest order.  Families rule; single folks are the lowest of the low.  Aye, I'll just head outside with our takeout and get the kids chowing down on their chicken nuggets from the window sill so that a boy three ahead of me in the queue can suckle into his McDonald's garden salad and passion fruit smoothie in the warm glow of broilers.  It makes sense, and it's ******* fantastic parenting.

McDonald's wasn't really in my mind as that's a place I'd expect to find kids. I avoid going there.

I'm talking about places where groups of adults go. It's extremely inconsiderate behaviour.

Still, since you mention it, parents are one of the biggest problem with life in general. Almost every day I have some kind of family-related seethe. From a family who insist on walking through a busy place 6-across, to a family who let their kids get in people's way and then smile "aren't they so cute!", to moron parents who decide that the entire family of 4 or 5 need to go to the supermarket together (why?) and take up loads of space.

If kids weren't allowed out the house, the world would be a much better place.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chuck berrys hairline

McDonald's wasn't really in my mind as that's a place I'd expect to find kids. I avoid going there.

I'm talking about places where groups of adults go. It's extremely inconsiderate behaviour.

Still, since you mention it, parents are one of the biggest problem with life in general. Almost every day I have some kind of family-related seethe. From a family who insist on walking through a busy place 6-across, to a family who let their kids get in people's way and then smile "aren't they so cute!", to moron parents who decide that the entire family of 4 or 5 need to go to the supermarket together (why?) and take up loads of space.

Whilst I have kids, I endorse this post. Try doing christmas shopping with a toddler in tow!

I hear you.  I was using McDonalds to fight my own particular beef with inconsiderate folks whether they be alone or in groups.   And as with Chuck, I also agree about the 'wide load' nonsense -does my head in.  Whole family at the supermarket, just can't be avoided sometimes.  However, the other day I asked my son if he wanted to go to Asda and he said 'no'.  Same answer from my daughter.  Result, in a way  They've worked out that they generally can't be kids with me around as I'm continually at them because i live my life according to Kickback's Life Instruction Manual.   Makes me sad for the kids sometimes. :(

My mantra for today: 'Think of the Children.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Kalamazoo Jambo

Or folk sitting in coffee shops all day with their laptops, nursing a small latte

Not to sound like a prude, but I hope they cover up at least.

Sexton Hardcastle

Facebook again.

See when it's someone's birthday, why do sad ***** feel it necessary to post a photo of themselves with the person celebrating thier birthday. Basically it's your day, here's a photo of me drunk and you somewhere in the background. Don't forget about me on your big day. Best wishes me x.

A holes.

Facebook again.

See when it's someone's birthday, why do sad ***** feel it necessary to post a photo of themselves with the person celebrating thier birthday. Basically it's your day, here's a photo of me drunk and you somewhere in the background. Don't forget about me on your big day. Best wishes me x.

A holes.

The collages are worse. When it's one birds birthday every single one of her pals uploads a collage of 6 shite photos of them together with the caption "happy bday sissy/twinnie/some other shite patter"

"Overbooking" on flights. Caused me to miss the game yesterday and ?250 in an aborted attempt at other flights.

Easyjet and Ryanair will be getting hammered for compensation.

Kalamazoo Jambo

"Overbooking" on flights. Caused me to miss the game yesterday and ?250 in an aborted attempt at other flights.

Easyjet and Ryanair will be getting hammered for compensation.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that!

Drivers who don't indicate. Absolute bunch of b*stards. It is an absolute fundamental of driving and I can't believe people don't do it.

I occasionally don't indicate...but that's after checking my mirrors and surroundings in all directions to ensure that there's nobody else around for me to indicate to. It maybe helps that I live a few miles beyond the erse end of nowhere.

I occasionally don't indicate...but that's after checking my mirrors and surroundings in all directions to ensure that there's nobody else around for me to indicate to. It maybe helps that I live a few miles beyond the erse end of nowhere.

The thing is, there's always a chance that you've missed something despite checking your mirrors etc (admittedly less of an issue if you live somewhere pretty remote). Indicating whenever making a turn is a good habit to get into and people should indicate regardless of where they are. I just do not get how people can approach a junction in a city and fail to indicate. :rifle:

My instructor told me if there's no cars or people around not to indicate, as there's no point.

But the point I'm making is that there's always a chance you might not see a pedestrian, cyclist, car etc. It should be something that's completely automatic and you do without thinking. It takes next to no effort to do as well.

Cyclists who cycle in the road despite there being a cycle path large enough for a tank running parallel

Where is this wonderful enormous cycle path situated? I like the sound of it.

Creepy Lurker

Cyclists, typically students, who wear black, and don't have any lights on in the dark.

I counter my seethe with the horn. Not used as a rebuke, just to let them know I'm there, of course.

'Damn cyclists...'

BEEP BEEEEEP!

*sound of screeching brakes followed by window being rolled down*

'Excuse me sir, what do you do for a living?'

'Er...I'm a student.'

'I knew it!'

*Jonesy accelerates off into the distance, cursing under his breath*

'Damn cyclists...'

BEEP BEEEEEP!

*sound of screeching brakes followed by window being rolled down*

'Excuse me sir, what do you do for a living?'

'Er...I'm a student.'

'I knew it!'

*Jonesy accelerates off into the distance, cursing under his breath*

FYI anyone that looks between 16 and 30 and is doing something annoying is a student.

Fact.

michael_bolton

My instructor told me if there's no cars or people around not to indicate, as there's no point.

Wrong on two counts.

1) There might be someone you haven't seen.

2) It should be a habit anyway. Costs nothing to do it. Dangerous not to do it.

michael_bolton

This thread is proof that kids spoil things for adults. Nice grumpy thread trotting along nicely and then the kid chat starts..,

Kids causing a lot of chat on a seethe thread should not be surprising since kids are among the most annoying things on the planet. Parents are level with them.

Edited by michael_bolton

King Of The Cat Cafe

But the point I'm making is that there's always a chance you might not see a pedestrian, cyclist, car etc. It should be something that's completely automatic and you do without thinking. It takes next to no effort to do as well.

When I was learning, I concentrated on always indicating and it is so ingrained that now I always do.

Spoke to a mate who is an advanced driving instructor about how annoying it is when other people do not indicate.  His response was: "you should never rely on someone doing what they are indicating to do".

Where is this wonderful enormous cycle path situated? I like the sound of it.

Norwich unfortunately. You fellas are lucky you still live in Edinburgh where there are hills which act as a prevention to said cyclists. Here in Norfolk, where there isn't a hill to be seen, the buggars are all out of their houses in their Lycra first thing. The council thought; "we have an issue, there are too many accidents involving cyclists in the road, let's build them lovely, wide cycle paths all over the city." But no! The ***** persist on ignoring the lovely, wide cycle paths and insist on meandering about in the middle of a busy road! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

It baffles me why drivers get so angry at cyclists.

Agree, more cyclists less cars to hold them up. Baffling.

Indicating when there is nobody to indicate to shows you are not aware of your surroundings.

I think it's actually a minor in the driving test.

Indicating when there is nobody to indicate to shows you are not aware of your surroundings.

I think it's actually a minor in the driving test.

It does not show you're not aware, and it is not a minor.

There are times when you are not legally required to indicate if you are sure there is no one there who will benefit (say when parking or pulling away) but it's good practise to do so.

I think you always need to indicate when moving off, even if there are no cars/pedestrians around.

However, you don't need to indicate when stopping / pulling over if theres no one around.

From what I understand anyway.

Edited by Ragnar

Sexton Hardcastle

It baffles me why drivers get so angry at cyclists.

Pedestrianso get annoyed as well.

At two different traffic light crossings today I was almost hit by moronic cyclists flying through red lights. Motorists stopped abiding by the law. Why do chumps on two wheels think they don't need to follow suit?

Pedestrianso get annoyed as well.

At two different traffic light crossings today I was almost hit by moronic cyclists flying through red lights. Motorists stopped abiding by the law. Why do chumps on two wheels think they don't need to follow suit?

Because a bicycle is much, much less likely to cause serious injury if you're hit by one.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I think you always need to indicate when moving off, even if there are no cars/pedestrians around.

However, you don't need to indicate when stopping / pulling over if theres no one around.

From what I understand anyway.

BMW have solved the dilemma  They do not fit indicators to their cars.

So they shouldn't follow the law? :rofl:

Great logic.

Stange, where did I say they shouldn't follow the law?

I gave a reason why they might, never said they shouldn't.

Sexton Hardcastle

Because a bicycle is much, much less likely to cause serious injury if you're hit by one.

Sound.

I'll play that card when I'm sat side by side the number 5 in my motor at a set of lights. Obviously I'd cause old Joan crossing the street less serious injury if I ran her down.

Stange, where did I say they shouldn't follow the law?

I gave a reason why they might, never said they shouldn't.

And that still doesn't make sense :lol:

Why do people not put numbers and name plates on their doors, trying to find addresses is murder .

They probably heard you wet going door to door :)

Old people that exist.

Especially during rush hour on public transport.

They don't work, so why the **** are they on a bus at the busiest time of day, the bus is already overcrowded as it is.

Old people that exist.

Especially during rush hour on public transport.

They don't work, so why the **** are they on a bus at the busiest time of day, the bus is already overcrowded as it is.

:lol: what do you classify as old? genuine question.