The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Went to buy a shirt at lunch which means approx 45 minutes of browsing time, outside of walking to the shop and back.

42 minutes of those was spent removing 38 pins, 3 bits of cardboard and a plastic collar from the shirt before realising I had picked up the wrong size.

Just put the shirts on hangers FFS !!!

NB, I hate going to shops.

I buy everything that I can online and have it delivered to work - only have to lift my finger to type and click!

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to buy a shirt at lunch which means approx 45 minutes of browsing time, outside of walking to the shop and back.

42 minutes of those was spent removing 38 pins, 3 bits of cardboard and a plastic collar from the shirt before realising I had picked up the wrong size.

Just put the shirts on hangers FFS !!!

Zara?

They get trained to think that they are the only people in the world with a lousy wage and a busy job. And because of this they're allowed to be supercilious and rude.

http://www.theguardi...rs-receptionist

That sounds like a piss easy job. pensioners moaning about needing a flu jab??

Try working in hospitality, events, behind a bar in a busy nightclub, busy department store in the city and actually still having to be nice and patient with people and providing high quality customer service.

Miserable folk behind a GPs desk. Quit your job if it's shit.

Creepy Lurker

NB, I hate going to shops.

I buy everything that I can online and have it delivered to work - only have to lift my finger to type and click!

What a novel idea. I think it might just catch on!

Zara?

Yes!

The most hit or miss shop in the world.

Sometimes it is fine but at other times, if you've not got the shape of Peter Crouch on a diet then forget it.

The jeans are laughable and don't even get past my knees.

Yes!

Sometimes it is fine but at other times, if you've not got the shape of Peter Crouch on a diet then forget it.

The jeans are laughable and don't even get past my knees.

Yep, you can go in one week and it's great then the next it's dreadful.

Optimus Prime

Apparently if you walk along the street with your fat puss buried in your iPhone then the law dictates that everyone else must move out of your way, lest you actually lift your head and watch where you're going.

Dicks.

And when they walk into you they have the audacity to look at you like its your fault.

Loose paving slabs which, in wet weather, spurt out a jet of dirty rain water all over your foot when you step on them.

It's happened to me twice in the last week.

:seething:

The People's Chimp

Loose paving slabs which, in wet weather, spurt out a jet of dirty rain water all over your foot when you step on them.

:seething:

Absolutely delightful news. Mods rename this the pleasing thread plz.

:pleasing:

Edited by The People's Chimp

Happened to me last week, it squirted right up the inside of my trouser leg.

All roads lead to Gorgie

People who don't park their vehicle in the centre of a car park parking place but instead leave it as close to your drivers side door as possible. I am fed up having to perform contortions just to get back in my car. One day I had to cross over from the passenger side; prats!!!

People who don't park their vehicle in the centre of a car park parking place but instead leave it as close to your drivers side door as possible. I am fed up having to perform contortions just to get back in my car. One day I had to cross over from the passenger side; prats!!!

Is it just me or is this getting worse and worse?

A women parked literally less than 10cms away from my drivers side the other day..while I was in the car! I had to put the window down and ask her if she was serious.

Edited by Chrambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

Is it just me or is this getting worse and worse?

A women parked literally less than 10cms away from my drivers side the other day..while I was in the car! I had to put the window down and ask her if she was serious.

It is getting worse. More and times I am parking in remote parts of car parks just to avoid the problem. Some parking places just don't take into account the size of modern 4by4s though.

The pavements around Glasgow Central Station are lethal when wet, especially if the sun reflects off the ground after raining. People slipping about whilst being unable to see. Completely unnecessary and avoidable issue in a very busy area.

Do get to see a decent amount of cyclists deck it though.

Snake Plissken

I'm sure it's been posted on this before, but if can't be said enough.

People don't know how your/you're works and idiots who have not mastered the apostrophe. I think there was a post on the Rangers thread recently that misused an apostrophe three ******* times in a single sentence. It annoys me more than it should.

Stupid wee drunk arsehole girls that scream and shout woefully out of key songs in the streets at 5 in the morning.

****. OFF.

Captain Sausage

Politicians.

George Osbourne trying to claim he personally halved the EU bill. He just added a rebate and the whole bill remains.

What a lying piece of ****.

Why are politicians such lying scumbags? Why can't they just tell the truth and work together to build a better, more sustainable future for the country?

We are blighted by bell ends who look no further than next weeks polls. Utter dicks to a man.

The year 2014 and still they can't make a plastic milk container that doesn't spill milk when you pour it

jack D and coke
Politicians.

George Osbourne trying to claim he personally halved the EU bill. He just added a rebate and the whole bill remains.

What a lying piece of ****.

Why are politicians such lying scumbags? Why can't they just tell the truth and work together to build a better, more sustainable future for the country?

We are blighted by bell ends who look no further than next weeks polls. Utter dicks to a man.

Osbourne is a utter ratbag of a human. I absolutely loathe him.

IT departments.

Without a doubt the least helpful people you'll meet in a company.

Agreed, my work has recently introduced 'live chat' as an alternative to phoning or logging a call, tried it in the hope it would be faster, took them 42 mins of live chat to tell me to 'log a call'

Drs surgery receptionists. Treat everyone with disdain.

They live in a different world where they beleive their jobs are stressful.

You don't know the meaning of stress and it certainly isn't directing people to waiting rooms.

Good shout.

If I go in with my daughter I get the same look when I reply to their abrupt "Name?" with "Me or the girl?". They look at me like I just quoted from Mein Kampf.

Christ knows what they learn when they are open late once a week for 'training'.

They get trained to think that they are the only people in the world with a lousy wage and a busy job. And because of this they're allowed to be supercilious and rude.

http://www.theguardi...rs-receptionist

If I knew how to insert a facepalm here i'd do it. I'm a receptionist , don't want to say where I work (not a doctors surgery) and wish i could let you guys shadow me for a week and i'm sure you'd appreciate how difficult it can be in dealing with clients or customers who can often be really rude when receptionists are only doing their job. Rude people often shoot the messenger (me!) when they're unhappy with a situation. As a receptionist i treat people with respect but often don't get that back as some don't like the rules/situation they find themselves in so i get the abuse. Next time you get angry at a receptionist have a think before you give her grief, she doesn't make the rules. If you do find a receptionist's attitude to be bad bring this to the attention of the practise manager.

Checkout assistants who think your visit to the supermarket is a social occasion and try to engage you in conversation about your plans for the day/weekend and anything else they can think of! Really annoying as is their tendency to hold a conversation with one or more colleagues while they are serving you!

At traffic calming, a clown decides to nip through, though you have priority. Five more follow the ****. :seething:

I'm currently seething at myself. Why did I not go for a piss before I got on this bus....not a drop of change in my wallet.

The pain is building....

If I knew how to insert a facepalm here i'd do it. I'm a receptionist , don't want to say where I work (not a doctors surgery) and wish i could let you guys shadow me for a week and i'm sure you'd appreciate how difficult it can be in dealing with clients or customers who can often be really rude when receptionists are only doing their job. Rude people often shoot the messenger (me!) when they're unhappy with a situation. As a receptionist i treat people with respect but often don't get that back as some don't like the rules/situation they find themselves in so i get the abuse. Next time you get angry at a receptionist have a think before you give her grief, she doesn't make the rules. If you do find a receptionist's attitude to be bad bring this to the attention of the practise manager.

:lol:

We've done this before. Receptionists at doctors are brutal and, in my experience, usually ignorant. That's across two surgeries.

Any public facing job you're going to meet idiots. No need to take that out on everyone though.

We've done this before. Receptionists at doctors are brutal and, in my experience, usually ignorant. That's across two surgeries.

Any public facing job you're going to meet idiots. No need to take that out on everyone though.

Susan presuming that you get more hassle working in Dr's surgery than you do in a busy city centre bar or hospitality etc...where you are paid less/by the hour/work overtime for free and have to put a smiling face on for the customers sometimes in the threat of physical violence.

But I come in and say, "hello, I have an appointment at 10:30" and they are absolute witches about it, without fail.

Edited by scott_jambo

Susan presuming that you get more hassle working in Dr's surgery than you do in a busy city centre bar or hospitality etc...where you are paid less/by the hour/work overtime for free and have to put a smiling face on for the customers sometimes in the threat of physical violence.

But I come in and say, "hello, I have an appointment at 10:30" and they are absolute witches about it, without fail.

Tbf you are interrupting their chat with their pal or browsing on facebook etc.

This isn't the desired maternal attitude.

Tbf you are interrupting their chat with their pal or browsing on facebook etc.

Don't you know they are busy? Because a Dr asked them to file a prescription and they also have to deal with someone coming through the door. That's two things they have to action at the same time and the stress must be taken out on innocent bystanders.

How Dr's receptionists percieve their own job:

stock-traders.jpg

Reality:

grumpy-receptionist.jpeg

People at this side of the Atlantic refering to Series as Season, people pronouncing H(Aitch) as Haitch and ji as jay , sorry but these things rip my knitting.

Kalamazoo Jambo

At traffic calming, a clown decides to nip through, though you have priority. Five more follow the ****. :seething:

I'm with you - I hope they tripped over their big floppy feet.

While we're at it, I also hate metaphors :verymad:

People at this side of the Atlantic refering to Series as Season, people pronouncing H(Aitch) as Haitch and ji as jay , sorry but these things rip my knitting.

Jay is correct.

In Marcos Pool Hall, overheard someone saying this:

"We send aid to third-world countries, making them first-world countries and make us a third-world county"

People who steal your toast out the conveyor belt toaster thing when you are having a buffet breakfast at a hotel.

Sub-human scum.

I'm with you - I hope they tripped over their big floppy feet.

While we're at it, I also hate metaphors :verymad:

Well I could've called them arseholes, but that might have been a bit too metaphorical for you too. :D

People who steal your toast out the conveyor belt toaster thing when you are having a buffet breakfast at a hotel.

Sub-human scum.

That's never happened to me but I can imagine how raging I'd be if it did. I hope you retaliated with a greener in the corn flakes.

That's never happened to me but I can imagine how raging I'd be if it did. I hope you retaliated with a greener in the corn flakes.

:rofl:

Sub-human scum.

How about putting a few on so that you h=can make somebody's day. :D