The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Vomiting/Diarrhoea Bug.

Brutal stuff, even worse when it's got you, wife, the toddler and 8 month old all at the same time. Our house must ****ing reek this morning :lol:

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vomiting/Diarrhoea Bug.

Brutal stuff, even worse when it's got you, wife, the toddler and 8 month old all at the same time. Our house must ******* reek this morning :lol:

Feel your pain. I'm on day 5 and I've had cancel my 2 week pre Christmas holiday to Vietnam.

Went into a bog cubicle once really bursting on a joabey. To my horror someone had shaved off their, ahem, hair all over the seat.. It was a deep mass of ginger pube like hairs, As I was desperate I cleaned it up.  Plus I wouldn't fancy having to prove it wasn't me. Begs quite a few questions. The most obvious - was it  premeditated? bring a shaver to a coffee house bog? Why?????? I dunno, maybe they just bought a new one and were desperate to give it a run out.

luckyBatistuta

When people win a F1 World Championship and I know I'm a better driver than them. They then go and retire before I get a chance to go back the following year and put them firmly in their place and prove it was luck.

:seething:

Lewis Hamilton

Sweets in wrappers. In particular Chewits although im sure there are others where the following happens.

First just want to point out that I don't eat many sweets. An occasional chocolate bar with lunch and I am partial to a packet of Chewits. Blackcurrant flavor. What does my head in is the amount of effort required to get one sweet out the bloody wrapper!! You get your nail under one side of the join, pull it back to expose the other side of the join the try and separate the wrapper from the sweet. What happens now is the wrapper tears leaving a slither of wrapper attached to the sweet. SO leave it then start on the other bit of the wrapper and the same thin happens. It tears leaving a perfect slim slither of wrapper still attached to the bloody sweet. You then have to get your fingers under that bit and attempt to peel it off or what generally happens is you eat the sweet with wrapper still attached.

ANNOYING!!!! SEEEEEEEEETHE!!!!!

'Vloggers '

Follow a couple of football trip related facebook pages and the amount of 'spam' from these numpties 'here's my away day YouTube video to (insert random English counties local Saturday league)

100 likes?

Honestly who cares about seeing you at the train station, the local pub, by the turnstile etc.

The pages themselves are actually good and informative but it's this kind of person who ruins it

Others are those who do stupid tutorials about how to make perfect drinks etc (the Mrs also follows some for make up tips) and they are so unbelievably wanky and up themselves it makes me seethe 'hi guys, me again, another video I know but I simply HAVE to show you guys'

Captain Price

Sweets in wrappers. In particular Chewits although im sure there are others where the following happens.

First just want to point out that I don't eat many sweets. An occasional chocolate bar with lunch and I am partial to a packet of Chewits. Blackcurrant flavor. What does my head in is the amount of effort required to get one sweet out the bloody wrapper!! You get your nail under one side of the join, pull it back to expose the other side of the join the try and separate the wrapper from the sweet. What happens now is the wrapper tears leaving a slither of wrapper attached to the sweet. SO leave it then start on the other bit of the wrapper and the same thin happens. It tears leaving a perfect slim slither of wrapper still attached to the bloody sweet. You then have to get your fingers under that bit and attempt to peel it off or what generally happens is you eat the sweet with wrapper still attached.

ANNOYING!!!! SEEEEEEEEETHE!!!!!

Man, I bought and packet of starburst last night and I couldn't be arsed unwrapping them all individually so I just binned them in the end. Ridiculously difficult to unwrap them.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Electric plugs that have the leads coming out of the top rather than the bottom...

Tried using one on the Christmas tree lights today and it wouldn't fit in a two socket adaptor with another normal plug.

Electric plugs that have the leads coming out of the top rather than the bottom...

Tried using one on the Christmas tree lights today and it wouldn't fit in a two socket adaptor with another normal plug.

Trying to plug in a phone charger with a British adaptor fitted to it into a feckin French socket on a train. No way.

The French :seethe:

Clear sign of the instant gratification culture taking over when folk can't even be arsed unwrapping a packet of starburst imo.

Maiden Gorgie

Upselling. Modern society at its finest.

Fill up the car today in BP and go to pay. 

Me - "Pump number two, please"

BP erse - "Would you like any coffee this morning?"

Me - "Did I ask for a coffee?"

Bad start to a day. And, they have tried to upsell lottery tickets to me in the past which must be against gambling laws. If not, it ****** should be.

edit - i know they are told by management to do this but it boils my piss big time

Edited by Maiden Gorgie

So let me get this straight.

You're in a petrol station first thing in the morning, and the person behind the counter asks you a perfectly normal question for that time of day, and you jump down their throat?

Nice one.

So let me get this straight.

You're in a petrol station first thing in the morning, and the person behind the counter asks you a perfectly normal question for that time of day, and you jump down their throat?

Nice one.

Absolute arsehole behaviour indeed.

I've worked in a petrol station before and I've heard all the wannabe-hardman/comedian lines. The ironic thing is, the more polite you are to them, the more they see you as vulnerable and just start laying it on even more.

There's my seethe, arsehole customers who have a go at staff for no reason, knowing they can't say anything back, and when they do, the customer cries for a manager.

Was it a Starbucks doing petrol as a side product? If not I don't see why they should ask if you want coffee!

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Maiden Gorgie

Oops, ruffled a few feathers there!

Must clarify that i did not actually SAY do i want i coffee - it was more what i was thinking. That was not clear from my post though i'll admit

It was a Wild Bean Cafe side product.

Apologies if i offended anyone

When a neighbour parks in 'your' space. They have 'their' space, you have 'yours'. Society functions as normal.

Then one day they decide to get another vehicle (their third!) and dump it outside your gaff for days on end, never moving it meaning you have to park somewhere else on the street. And may I add, being conscious of other neighbours and not parking in 'their' space to try to keep harmony. 

In the end, I thought f it, parked in another neighbours space instead of parking down the street and told them to take their seethe to the guy who has taken 'my' space. 

When a neighbour parks in 'your' space. They have 'their' space, you have 'yours'. Society functions as normal.

Then one day they decide to get another vehicle (their third!) and dump it outside your gaff for days on end, never moving it meaning you have to park somewhere else on the street. And may I add, being conscious of other neighbours and not parking in 'their' space to try to keep harmony.

In the end, I thought f it, parked in another neighbours space instead of parking down the street and told them to take their seethe to the guy who has taken 'my' space.

People getting arsey over parking spaces on a public Street would be my seethe.

Went to watch a youth football match a few months back. Parked in a street a couple of minutes walk away from the ground. Loads of space in the street, I picked a spot at random. Came back and some arsehole was sitting on his doorstep waiting as I had parked in 'his space'. Ridiculous enough but there was actually a whole load of spaces directly in front of the bumper of my car and this guy had chosen to park in an adjacent street as if to emphasise the inconvenience I had caused him.

He was a total prick and tried to act the hard man in front of his young daughter. I pointed out his stupidity and informed him that he was an arsehole before laughing my way into my car at how pathetic he was. Weirdo.

Absolute arsehole behaviour indeed.

I've worked in a petrol station before and I've heard all the wannabe-hardman/comedian lines. The ironic thing is, the more polite you are to them, the more they see you as vulnerable and just start laying it on even more.

There's my seethe, arsehole customers who have a go at staff for no reason, knowing they can't say anything back, and when they do, the customer cries for a manager.

The example cited is a clear act of upselling which is a perfectly reasonable seethe.

Non driveway peasants :verysmug: 

Folk who park across your driveway though and then get arsey when you ask them to move :muggy: 

Upselling. Modern society at its finest.

Fill up the car today in BP and go to pay.

Me - "Pump number two, please"

BP erse - "Would you like any coffee this morning?"

Me - "Did I ask for a coffee?"

Bad start to a day. And, they have tried to upsell lottery tickets to me in the past which must be against gambling laws. If not, it ****** should be.

edit - i know they are told by management to do this but it boils my piss big time

Bad start to the day? Why, because someone offered you a coffee? :lol:

Салатные палочки

Must clarify that i did not actually SAY do i want i coffee - it was more what i was thinking. That was not clear from my post though i'll admit

I wouldn't apologise, its a valid point.  You're in buying petrol.  I assume that if you wanted a coffee, you would have went to a coffee shop.  

They do this a lot in WH Smiths in Central Station, in for a mag or a can of juice.  Would you like a 4 pack of Mars bars for ?1?  No, no I would not. 

I wouldn't apologise, its a valid point.  You're in buying petrol.  I assume that if you wanted a coffee, you would have went to a coffee shop.  

They do this a lot in WH Smiths in Central Station, in for a mag or a can of juice.  Would you like a 4 pack of Mars bars for ?1?  No, no I would not. 

I think there's a bit of a difference though.

It's a petrol station, and it's early in the morning.  You might be tired and you're in charge of a 1.5 tonnes metal machine with the ability to wipe out a family or more with a slight mistake.  They are offering you a perfectly reasonable thing where you might think "You know what, that'll wake me up, I think I'll have one before getting back behind the wheel".

Upselling in WHSmith is a perfectly acceptable seethe.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Went to watch a youth football match a few months back. Parked in a street a couple of minutes walk away from the ground. Loads of space in the street, I picked a spot at random. Came back and some arsehole was sitting on his doorstep waiting as I had parked in 'his space'. Ridiculous enough but there was actually a whole load of spaces directly in front of the bumper of my car and this guy had chosen to park in an adjacent street as if to emphasise the inconvenience I had caused him.

He was a total prick and tried to act the hard man in front of his young daughter. I pointed out his stupidity and informed him that he was an arsehole before laughing my way into my car at how pathetic he was. Weirdo.

You should have left it and got a taxi. Just to spite the prick.

I think there's a bit of a difference though.

It's a petrol station, and it's early in the morning. You might be tired and you're in charge of a 1.5 tonnes metal machine with the ability to wipe out a family or more with a slight mistake. They are offering you a perfectly reasonable thing where you might think "You know what, that'll wake me up, I think I'll have one before getting back behind the wheel".

Upselling in WHSmith is a perfectly acceptable seethe.

:rofl:

Must have missed the public safety film that advises drinking coffee to help your driving.

You're making out it's some kind of benevolent act. It's not. It's a calculated procedure to encourage you to part with money for something you didn't initially request. As it is in WH Smith's.

The up selling is an absolutely legitimate seethe providing you don't take your anger at it out on the poor shop assistant. I know for a fact that WH Smith staff actually have it written into their job description/contract that they offer these products with every sale and face disciplinary action if they don't do it. I can tell you through experience that the sales assistants absolutely despise having to do it as while the customer might only have to say "no" once or twice a day, they have to go through the same thing hundreds or maybe thousands of times a day.

The up selling is an absolutely legitimate seethe providing you don't take your anger at it out on the poor shop assistant. I know for a fact that WH Smith staff actually have it written into their job description/contract that they offer these products with every sale and face disciplinary action if they don't do it. I can tell you through experience that the sales assistants absolutely despise having to do it as while the customer might only have to say "no" once or twice a day, they have to go through the same thing hundreds or maybe thousands of times a day.

Black Friday must be the biggest upsale going, plenty folk enjoy getting involved in that, not me though.

Must have missed the public safety film that advises drinking coffee to help your driving.

You're making out it's some kind of benevolent act. It's not. It's a calculated procedure to encourage you to part with money for something you didn't initially request. As it is in WH Smith's.

To be fair, I was just trying to find something to make it seem legitimate.

Upselling is shite, but it's a part of every transaction.  That's why self service terminals or pay-at-the-pump exist!

I was in Marks and Spencer the other day and some war painted bint walked up to me as I was looking at jeans and asked if I was ok and needed any help.

She had a feckin microphone on so the whole effin shop heard it.

I glared at her....

:facepalm:

Why did you glare at her?

:wink:

I was in Marks and Spencer the other day and some war painted bint walked up to me as I was looking at jeans and asked if I was ok and needed any help.

She had a feckin microphone on so the whole effin shop heard it.

I glared at her....

:facepalm:

You glared at her?

KiBQh.gif

:D

Edited by iantjambo

You glared at her?

KiBQh.gif

:D

Been thinking about this Ian.

I reckon he glared at her because he was caught considering buying jeans in Marks and Spencer.

:lol:

Feck off you two !

I bought a pair...... :facepalm:

Street cred down the Tex Ritter in one fell swoop. I am stroking my beard thinking about this.

:laugh:

Good lad!

Feck off you two !

I bought a pair......:facepalm:

Street cred down the Tex Ritter in one fell swoop. I am stroking my beard thinking about this.

:laugh:

Should have went to George mate. You get a better class of Kickbacker in there :D

You should have combined it with the upsell seethe and tried to sell him a driveway.

Maiden Gorgie

Bad start to the day? Why, because someone offered you a coffee? :lol:

They didn't offer me a coffee, they tried to sell me coffee. If it was a free coffee, no seethe here mate! :lol:

edit - i am never rude to shop assistants - even ones that try to upsell. Most assistants look uncomfortable as hell even asking, i know they are told to do it and that's probably a bigger seethe for them that is to me when asked if i think about it.

My seethe is really about the culture rather than the incident.

Right, just nipping out for a coffee and a four pack of Mars bars. Will probably come back with a couple of creme eggs too. :thumbsup:

Edited by Maiden Gorgie

Trying to pay a small tax bill and no easy way to pay it, seething.

Nothing is simple with that crowd.

What kind of tax do you need to pay? Cause it's really not difficult.

I live on a new build estate of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Every house has a drive way big enough for 2 cars (some more) and there's these wee lay by things for visitors. We have 2 cars in our house, we always park on the drive. My neighbours have 2 cars but one parks in the drive and the other in the lay by. Their drive is plenty big enough for both their cars. They then park in the middle of the lay by meaning no other car can fit in it. JUST PARK IN YOUR DRIVE YOU NUMPTIES! N.B. I actually like my neighbours, this just really irks me as there's nowhere for visitors to park.

No need to apologise, I'm sorry I couldn't read your mind :( .

I live on a new build estate of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Every house has a drive way big enough for 2 cars (some more) and there's these wee lay by things for visitors. We have 2 cars in our house, we always park on the drive. My neighbours have 2 cars but one parks in the drive and the other in the lay by. Their drive is plenty big enough for both their cars. They then park in the middle of the lay by meaning no other car can fit in it. JUST PARK IN YOUR DRIVE YOU NUMPTIES! N.B. I actually like my neighbours, this just really irks me as there's nowhere for visitors to park.

Surely people that live there have more right than visitors, weekends when i work till 6 visitors are parked in front of my house.

leaving me to park round the corner.

So their driveway just lies empty? Bizarre behaviour.

Trying to plug in a phone charger with a British adaptor fitted to it into a feckin French socket on a train. No way.

The French :seethe:

Why don't you just buy a French adaptor?  Can''t be that expensive?

Салатные палочки

Day before my Christmas party and I get man flu.

:seething:

You should be grateful, most overrated night out of the year, besides Hogmany.  

Captain Sausage

You should be grateful, most overrated night out of the year, besides Hogmany.

Quite lucky in that I have decent coworkers and a good boss. Work from home in the morning, meet up in town at 12 for pints with my team then lunch at a good hotel before going out for a few more.

Most people are having their Christmas party next week so hopefully town won't be full of bellends and I can just enjoy myself.

Found out my boss and 3 of the guys I work with are feeling shite too, so at least it won't just be me.

Why don't you just buy a French adaptor?  Can''t be that expensive?

Sorry, my bad wording.

It's a British phone charger plugged into a French adaptor. It makes the whole thing so cumbersome that it won't go into the train sockets which are usually situated between the seats.

Sorry, my bad wording.

It's a British phone charger plugged into a French adaptor. It makes the whole thing so cumbersome that it won't go into the train sockets which are usually situated between the seats.

Just buy a 2 prong charger for your phone.

Problem solved :thumbsup: