The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

michael_bolton

Good question. I don't see how it's relevant here, though, as there is a reason to be behind the news in this instance, namely that there isn't a service quicker than BBC. You're deliberately putting yourself further behind by trying to use something with no fixed purpose at all on the basis that you think it should be used in a fashion which is convenient for you.

You seem like the kind of person who'd get pissed off when watching supposedly 'live' TV because technically the images and sounds can only reach your eyes and ears at the speed of light and sound respectively, and that's without taking into account the time wasted in transmission.

Some people are weird.

Again, a completely irrelevant comparison. Not everybody can reason well. Don't beat yourself up.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people spend too much time on here judging by their post numbers. A bit more time spent in the real world with real people might lead to a less selfish, less confrontational approach to life.

:lol: Says the chap raging because the match thread hasn't got full commentary

michael_bolton

:lol: Says the chap raging because the match thread hasn't got full commentary

Again, an inaccurate representation of my position.

My position is quite straightforward and quite reasonable.

BoJack Horseman

Again, an inaccurate representation of my position.

My position is quite straightforward and quite reasonable.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

The JKB *Official Heart of Midlothian v Team X* threads. People seem to forget that some of us live in rubbish countries with grim internet and no Scottish football on the telly. Therefore we cannot see the game. We rely on the matchday thread to keep up to date with the game. Therefore, when posting on the thread people should attempt to provide some level of information.

Nothing makes me quite as angry on a matchday as a succession of posts on the matchday thread such as "AW NAW!!!!!!!!!!!", "******* ****!!!!!!", "Nightmare!!!!!!" and a few head in hands posts.

I read these and I know something has happened, but have absolutely no idea what. Have we lost a goal? Have we had a man sent off? Have we missed a sitter? Has someone gone down injured?

If you're going to post in the matchday thread, provide some information. If you have no information to offer, it's not the thread for you. What's the point in posting "Aw naw"? None whatsoever. "Aw naw, we've lost a goal." would be much more useful.

According to yourself, nothing makes you quite as angry as this. Quite a petty thing to get angry over, no?

michael_bolton

Seems pretty accurate to me.

According to yourself, nothing makes you quite as angry as this. Quite a petty thing to get angry over, no?

Well, it's in keeping with the thread and it is particularly irritating. If you've never experienced it then you wouldn't understand, I suppose.

Like I said, I'd hate to see your reaction when asked to really go out your way to help someone.

BoJack Horseman

Well, it's in keeping with the thread and it is particularly irritating. If you've never experienced it then you wouldn't understand, I suppose.

Like I said, I'd hate to see your reaction when asked to really go out your way to help someone.

You're missing a vital step here Mike. The asking part.

michael_bolton

You've broken me with your Kickback experience. I can't match your levels of pettiness.

Is this how you spend all your days?

BoJack Horseman

You've broken me with your Kickback experience. I can't match your levels of pettiness.

Is this how you spend all your days?

You sound like the type of guy that would fall asleep on the train then go mad at the passengers around you when you miss your stop.

michael_bolton

You sound like the type of guy that would fall asleep on the train then go mad at the passengers around you when you miss your stop.

Again, an irrelevant comparison. However, I do have form for falling asleep and missing my stop, since you mention it. Didn't get angry, just got stranded.

Creepy Lurker

I actually genuinely can't wait for the next match thread. I'm going to deliberately post all kinds of stuff just to confuse you, Mikey boy. Howdya like them apples, huh?

Edited by Creepy Lurker

BoJack Horseman

Again, an irrelevant comparison. However, I do have form for falling asleep and missing my stop, since you mention it. Didn't get angry, just got stranded.

It's pretty relevant. In both scenarios you're expecting something from people that they didn't know they expected to give. If you could provide a better example to explain your plight I'd be more than grateful.

:spoton:

I recall someone (it might have been Mike) in the ICT semi final match day thread who was wanting a play by play with the pen shoot out.

I obliged. :)

Don't ask, you don't get.

Another seethe...

When folk talk too much without picking up on social cues that others aren't interested, then talk over me when I'm trying to say something.

I end up zoning out altogether.

Usually the same folk who complain of being lonely. Maybe folk would spend more time with you if you didn't dominate the chat.

Parents who think their children are important. They are important to the parents and the the importance slips down past grannies, siblings and aunts before reaching an ocean of indifference. I don't give a shit, so I don't want to listen to folk going on about how Johnny (Juanc?n these days) is the best, he has private maths class and plays the bassoon. **** off, I don't care.

Folk who say goodbye and then take an age to go. My girlfriend and her family all do this. "Right, I think we'd better be off...". You can look forward to another hour of inane patter before they, or we, **** off.

We must be related mate, my wife and her family are the same. When they say right we better get off, I do not even bother getting my arse out the chair, it is always at least an hour later,......always.

North Berwick Jambo

Drivers that don't indicate at roundabouts, get their lanes wrong meaning they cut you up, put their full beam on before you are past them, sit at 70 in the outside lane forgetting they have a rear view mirror, don't say thank you for waiting & letting them past despite the obstruction being on their side of the road, ignore the white lines down the middle of the road & worse of all the f*****g Nissan micra granny brigade who drive at f*****g 30mph on the 60mph roads in East Lothian! :(

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Is it just me or when someone posts "aw ****" on the match thread it's pretty obvious we've conceded a goal? You can also usually tell we've conceded when someone posts in a fit of rage and says "FFS 4-5-1!!!!" or something similar.

Surely folk can't expect someone to sit on here and post "Mullen just made a good run down the right but his cross couldn't beat the first man" or "Tapping has given possession away cheaply" every couple of minutes? Folk at the game won't sit on here and post updates and folk can only get so much from the radio.

BoJack Horseman

Is it just me or when someone posts "aw ****" on the match thread it's pretty obvious we've conceded a goal? You can also usually tell we've conceded when someone posts in a fit of rage and says "FFS 4-5-1!!!!" or something similar.

Surely folk can't expect someone to sit on here and post "Mullen just made a good run down the right but his cross couldn't beat the first man" or "Tapping has given possession away cheaply" every couple of minutes? Folk at the game won't sit on here and post updates and folk can only get so much from the radio.

It's just you Ian you weirdo. The rest of us clearly believe that it's our god given right to have the game described to us in real time. It would be incredibly selfish of you to think otherwise.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It's just you Ian you weirdo. The rest of us clearly believe that it's our god given right to have the game described to us in real time. It would be incredibly selfish of you to think otherwise.

:lol:

I'm going to pose a question to our good friend Michael here. If you had a season ticket for Hearts and went to games every week, would you sit on Kickback on your phone and post detailed updates on the match thread for someone thousands of miles away?

Drivers that don't indicate at roundabouts, get their lanes wrong meaning they cut you up, put their full beam on before you are past them, sit at 70 in the outside lane forgetting they have a rear view mirror, don't say thank you for waiting & letting them past despite the obstruction being on their side of the road, ignore the white lines down the middle of the road & worse of all the f*****g Nissan micra granny brigade who drive at f*****g 30mph on the 60mph roads in East Lothian! :(

I hate people who don't indicate on a roundabout especially when they're the only car on it and they're coming off it at the exit I'm waiting. I just go now and when they blast the horn I just ask them if I'm meant to guess where they're going.

Edited by LeylandJambo

BoJack Horseman

:rofl:

Top work here MB, top, top work!!! :bravo:

Your younger brother would be very proud of this work.

And MB's quality work on this thread just keeps giving.

He will be as well given his fantastic work on here. :D

Loud and clear, Floyd. Loud and clear.

I P Knightley

And MB's quality work on this thread just keeps giving.

Have to say I agree. One post with a seethe in a seethe thread has generated more seethe itself than the original seethe that was mentioned.

Today's big seethe is that story about NICE pushing for free IVF for folks well into their forties with the bill being picked up by the mug punter taxpayer. It's wreckless and selfish of the maternity lobby to be pushing ahead with this. It pays no heed to the austerity measures we're all facing after nearly 5 years of recession and, if implemented, will have serious repercussions on the provision of essential care. IVF was made possible by medical science and, within 30 years or so, it has become a "right". They should be looking at changing the rules on adoption to increase the access to these older women who are so desperate to have children.

Grrrrr!

I P Knightley

I hate people who don't indicate on a roundabout especially when they're the only car on it and they're coming off it at the exit I'm waiting. I just go now and when they blast the horn I just ask them if I'm meant to guess where they're going.

Same. Taking my life a little in my hands when I do it when cycling but it allows me to stop and give them a full analysis of the situation.

Creepy Lurker

I think Floyd reckons Michael Bolton is trolling, but I'm not sure. Anyone able to provide some insight?

BoJack Horseman

I think Floyd reckons Michael Bolton is trolling, but I'm not sure. Anyone able to provide some insight?

How did you come to that conclusion? I can't see any posts that would suggest Floyd knows something we don't.

Same. Taking my life a little in my hands when I do it when cycling but it allows me to stop and give them a full analysis of the situation.

Big difference between a bike and an artic though. :10900:

I P Knightley

Big difference between a bike and an artic though. :10900:

I don't have windows so can make my point abundantly clear. You, of course, can inflict more of a physical threat. Between us, we'll sort the Fokkers.

I don't have windows so can make my point abundantly clear. You, of course, can inflict more of a physical threat. Between us, we'll sort the Fokkers.

Deal

Top work here MB, top, top work!!! :bravo:

Your younger brother would be very proud of this work.

Initially it does appear that he got a few bites but I refuse to believe that arguments on forums, especially about such petty issues, really bring up the level of tension and irritation that is created in the reader's mind. It is merely a virtual duel to see who can bait the other most effectively, usually ending with two similar characters in front of their monitors equally satisfied with the 'seethe' they believe to have induced from within their rival. Which leads me on to my point whilst I'm here.

Internet, predominantly Facebook, arguments that are taken seriously, normally by those occupying the lower end of the social scale. Words deemed IMPORTANT are usually displayed using capital letters with lots of full stops........and commas,,,,,,,,,, spread out in between. This usually involves females.

Our roads are immensely more crowded than those in the US and, judging by comments over the previous 7 pages of this thread, populated largely by morons.

Giving them freedom of choice at a lighted junction is a recipe for disaster.

Our roads are certainly not more crowded than the US. Driving in LA at rush hour makes London look like a drive in the country.

But I agree about the morons on the road here. I've done a lot of driving in the US and have not once found myself shaking my head in disbelief at bad driving.

The locals might have looked at my driving differently though. My 1st visit I drove straight out of the airport car rental lot and turned onto the wrong side of the road. :facepalm:

Creepy Lurker

Initially it does appear that he got a few bites but I refuse to believe that arguments on forums, especially about such petty issues, really bring up the level of tension and irritation that is created in the reader's mind. It is merely a virtual duel to see who can bait the other most effectively, usually ending with two similar characters in front of their monitors equally satisfied with the 'seethe' they believe to have induced from within their rival. Which leads me on to my point whilst I'm here.

Brilliant post, FBSHD! I'm chucking away here! You settled his hash! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BoJack Horseman

Internet, predominantly Facebook, arguments that are taken seriously, normally by those occupying the lower end of the social scale. Words deemed IMPORTANT are usually displayed using capital letters with lots of full stops........and commas,,,,,,,,,, spread out in between. This usually involves females.

olivia-gif-5.gif

Brilliant post, FBSHD! I'm chucking away here! You settled his hash! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not sure Creepy, it really was top, top, fantastic work to be fair.

Floyd's "in the know" outbursts to me are akin to the question reader during a game of Trivial Pursuit who'd read the answer from the back of the card and then laugh when you got it wrong.

olivia-gif-5.gif

Floyd's "in the know" outbursts to me are akin to the question reader during a game of Trivial Pursuit who'd read the answer from the back of the card and then laugh when you got it wrong.

:yawn:

Creepy Lurker

Nailed it again, Roger! The perfect comparison! This really just gets better and better!

michael_bolton

Ach Floyd, you big (wee) spoilsport. Next time I'm recreating old Hearts goals in your back garden with an imaginary fitba, I'm going to put an imaginary fitba through your window!

Edited by michael_bolton

BoJack Horseman

Ach Floyd, you big (wee) spoilsport. Next time I'm recreating old Hearts goals in your back garden with an imaginary fitba, I'm going to put an imaginary fitba through your window!

Is that a euphemism?

People who fall asleep on car journeys, bus journeys, train journeys etc...it's a sign of weakness.

Anything in the public eye which is misspelled i.e van doors, shop signs...There's a misspelled road sign near my house. How the **** did that happen?

I P Knightley

People who fall asleep on car journeys, bus journeys, train journeys etc...it's a sign of weakness.

Anything in the public eye which is misspelled i.e van doors, shop signs...There's a misspelled road sign near my house. How the **** did that happen?

I think you mean, "e.g."...

Off for a snooze on the underground; regenerate my cells for a night on the juice.