The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I always thought trunk roads go between cities, while the bypass is very much an Edinburgh deal.

I don't know the implications of what that would mean in terms of responsibility, but I'm fairly sure the bypass isn't a trunk road.

Wiki has it as a trunk road.

Also never knew that it is one of a number of roads that form European route E15, that starts in Inverness and ends up at the Spanish Port next to Gibraltar!

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Everyone is an expert man.  Do what you feel is right and if you can afford it go out and enjoy it.  I am in a similar position.  Passed my test on Monday and decided to go out on Monday afternoon and get a car.  I went with my instinct and all going well I pick it up on Saturday morning.  Needed a mid-size one, plenty of room and boot space.  I will be doing a similar amount of miles a day to work and back and will be using it with the family at the weekend.  Me and the good lady agreed on one and went ahead with it.  I didn't want to be dragging my dad or whoever around dealerships with them nipping my ear.  I know insurance will be sky-high just now and prepared for that.  As you say, you want to enjoy your car and I intend to.  

All the best with your test.  I was a nervous wreck but honestly, when you are on the road during it, just treat it like a lesson and you'll be fine.  You're obviously ready for it anyway.  

What car did you go for then?

Салатные палочки
15 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Focus 1.6 TDCi.  I looked at the petrol version first but plumped for the diesel.  

32 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Focus 1.6 TDCi.  I looked at the petrol version first but plumped for the diesel.  

New or used?

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

New or used?

Used, its a 12 plate.  

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Used, its a 12 plate.  

Just wondered as I read someone about the Government wanting to put a stop to new diesel cars. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yeah i'm going for a diesel too, got a 320d Beemer sitting in newbridge that I hope doesn't sell in the next 10 days haha

films that are edited and give away the ending. case in point is dark city, the opening narration gives away the plot twist. luckily the directors cut removes this and puts the narration back into the film where it was supposed to be

10 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I think a trunk road has a number, example A8, A702, the bypass does not have one.

The A702 is the bypass.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Tim Martin. What an absolute prick of a man.

His Bruno Brookes haircut is shit, too.

Talking of the bypass - could hardky see a thing going up the hill towards Dreghorn this morning with the sun low.  At least the road was dry, slick of water on it and you’d have been stuffed.

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

The A702 is the bypass.

Fair enough guys i actually did not see the numbers on the map beside the bypass.

13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Fair enough guys i actually did not see the numbers on the map beside the bypass.

👍🏻

Only something I learned when I started driving.

21 hours ago, Ribble said:

This, obviously

20191017_103258.thumb.jpg.3c7d408f68b4d7f603e7e4d769bbb9e5.jpg

I'm afraid it's genuine, a friend sent me the screenshot last night, it's for sale in the Stirling area.

A 1.6l 2000 automatic astra with hibs badge, hibs tartan and proclaimers lyrics for only 1800 quid!

:lolpoint:

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

I'm afraid it's genuine, a friend sent me the screenshot last night, it's for sale in the Stirling area.

A 1.6l 2000 automatic astra with hibs badge, hibs tartan and proclaimers lyrics for only 1800 quid!

🤣🤣 That is horrible

And £1,800??? It's worth about half that at a push.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

:wow:

The tartan blanket is a nice touch though.  

On 16/10/2019 at 15:09, Ribble said:

Yeah i'm going for a diesel too, got a 320d Beemer sitting in newbridge that I hope doesn't sell in the next 10 days haha

SOLD ffs

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

deary ****ing me. 🤢

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

Holy shit :4_1_72:  I wouldn’t have given them £1800 for it before they devalued it. Really really hope I see some plum driving around in that one day, wouldn’t be able to contain myself.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

Imagine of the reg plate had both a 5 and a 1 in the number,along with fth.

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

This, obviously

Offer him 51 quid, naw?

There’s a woman that gets on my train every morning. She is so loud you can hear her whole conversation at the opposite end of the carriage. Honestly it’s set me up badly for the day ahead. So annoying! 🤬😡

Got back home last night after a week away. Started catching up on the washing and the machine made some funny noises. Went to do the second load and all I heard was the wife panicking, screaming there's a flood. Machine basically shook itself to death which resulted in  having to buy a new washing machine.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of eejit thinks it’s acceptable to leave their car slap bang in the middle of a pavement? The road beside it doesn’t even have any restrictions. 🤬

D733FA4A-627E-4CF5-B5C6-A2961113F9DD.jpeg

On 15/10/2019 at 23:32, jonesy said:

A lot of folk at pains to let others out and actually end up blocking traffic or near misses. 

Just checked this IS the seethe thread.

Yes. This, this...THIS.

Just use your ****ing mirror and see what's behind you. If it's a load of cars, you'll be inconveniencing them by slowing down - or worse, stopping - to let someone out so DON'T DO IT. If I'm trying to join what I know to be a busy road I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes.

Doesn't stop me from taking advantage of the roasters who DO stop to let folk out - I'm not that daft :lol:  - I'll still be calling them every name under the sun as I wave my appreciation.

Similarly, if there's nothing behind you...carry on and I'll pull out once you're past. So DON'T ****ING DO IT!

Not one to rage at cyclists, I'm always very courteous and give them loads of space etc but...

This morning, driving along my street, behind 2 parents, dad on one bike, mum on the other with two kids in seats behind her. Cycling along side by side, extremely slowly, chatting away, all the way along the street. Plenty spaces they could have shifted a bit to the side whilst still continuing to cycle but they done nothing. So ignorant, so selfish, a pair of *****.

Captain Sausage
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Unfortunately I think some cyclists have been encouraged to think/have developed an idea that they are 'above' nasty car driving mere mortals, and therefore are quite happy to cause tailbacks.

Cyclists and drivers can live together on the roads in perfect harmony if common sense and respect is applied on both sides.

Pretty sure it’s perfectly legal for them to cycle two abreast - as frustrating as it is. Logic is that drivers should be on the other side of the road to pass, so 1 or 2 cyclists wide doesn’t make a difference. 

Feels to me like it needs changed, as it makes it near ****ing impossible to get past on a busy road. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Pretty sure it’s perfectly legal for them to cycle two abreast - as frustrating as it is. Logic is that drivers should be on the other side of the road to pass, so 1 or 2 cyclists wide doesn’t make a difference. 

Feels to me like it needs changed, as it makes it near ****ing impossible to get past on a busy road. 

Wasn't questioning the legality. Doesn't change the selfishness if it.

That said, on narrow roads they should cycle single file. This was a side street with cars parked along it. Would suggest that single file is the most appropriate formation to adopt.

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Wasn't questioning the legality. Doesn't change the selfishness if it.

That said, on narrow roads they should cycle single file. This was a side street with cars parked along it. Would suggest that single file is the most appropriate formation to adopt.

As long as they’re on the right side of the road, what’s the problem?

Pretty sure you had a pop at me earlier on the thread for my seethe being inconsequential. :lol:

At least dog shit on the ground is actually wrong. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

Seen one of those pedal bikes that have what is essentially a flimsy looking side car but set at the front; dad had his 8/9 yr old daughter, who seemed to be having a right old time, sitting there acting as his buffer!  Absolutely mental! :berra:

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

As long as they’re on the right side of the road, what’s the problem?

Pretty sure you had a pop at me earlier on the thread for my seethe being inconsequential. :lol:

At least dog shit on the ground is actually wrong. 

They weren't on the right side of the road, they were on the whole road.

On 07/10/2019 at 19:02, Captain Sausage said:

Some utter scum has let their dug shite outside our house and my wee boy almost stepped in it coming in from nursery today. 

total ****ing cretins. Wish I knew where they lived, post it through their letterbox. 

On 07/10/2019 at 22:25, Sooperstar said:

Not to belittle your seethe but...we've all stepped in dog shit a million times. I think the wee one would have been able to move on without any long term mental or physical damage.

This isn't having a pop! I specifically said I wasn't trying to belittle your seethe!

🎅🏻Let me be the first to wish you all a Merry Christmas.🎄

Out with the dog earlier, and noticed some feckin eejit has Xmas decorations in their garden. 

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Out with the dog earlier, and noticed some feckin eejit has Xmas decorations in their garden. 

SkinnyImpracticalGyrfalcon-size_restrict

its the only thing to do

4 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

I absolutely love Christmas. But anyone putting their tree or decorations up before December deserves a hard slap.

****ing spiders EVERYWHERE. Currently watching one scrabbling about the wall, keeps shiting itself when it gets to a corner and takes ages to get round. Arsehole. At least its fairly small, clocked a monstrous thing on the stairs at work earlier. 

:muggy:

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

****ing spiders EVERYWHERE. Currently watching one scrabbling about the wall, keeps shiting itself when it gets to a corner and takes ages to get round. Arsehole. At least its fairly small, clocked a monstrous thing on the stairs at work earlier. 

This!

This autumn has been the worst and nasty big buggers too. I just pop the under a glass and hope someone else will deal with them. 

25 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You're scared of something that is scared of a corner.

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You're scared of something that is scared of a corner.

I sure am. If I could choose not be I would but it's out of my hands. Anyway it fell behind the telly unit and out of sight so I'll just await the next surprise. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I sure am. If I could choose not be I would but it's out of my hands. Anyway it fell behind the telly unit and out of sight so I'll just await the next surprise. 

It's behind your head. On that wall there. See it? It sees you.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It's behind your head. On that wall there. See it? It sees you.

Wonder what it tastes like, maybe MP can tell us once he wakes up😵

I've never understood this hatred for spiders. I love the wee beggars. They spin these beautiful webs, generally stay out of your way, and eat all the flies etc. that annoy me far more than spiders could.